Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How many diamonds have you bought since PS? 'Fess up!

how many diamonds have you bought since PS?

  • a) None: I bought mine before PS. I'm only hanging round here for the lovely company of PS'ers; and

    Votes: 12 13.5%
  • b) Only one: one ering is enough! There are more important things to spend my/ our money on!

    Votes: 13 14.6%
  • c) 2: I need at least one alternate to my ering

    Votes: 8 9.0%
  • d) 3 to 5: I need earrings/ pendants and other stones to adorn myself with.

    Votes: 33 37.1%
  • e) 5-10: I need at least several rings and several other pieces of jewellery. I love 'em all, moder

    Votes: 13 14.6%
  • f) 10+: Good GOD! Don't you know PS is the best thing since sliced bread?!:-))

    Votes: 10 11.2%

  • Total voters
    89
  • Poll closed .

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
:))

So I'm curious as to how PS has influenced your diamond purchasing? I'm mostly interested in the sheer number/ volume of purchases since you discovered PS; but if you'd like to post how else it's influenced your decisions, I'd love to hear it too.

I'll start: since PS, I've bought these diamonds with PS vendors:

- three pairs of super-ideal diamond studs with Brian (have since returned 2 pairs for upgrading)
- a 3.50ct pear-shaped diamond
- a 3-stone ring (middle stone is a "blue" and the sides are from JA)
- pear drops which have since been returned to JA for upgrading
- super-ideal RB pendant also from BGD
- an Octavia wt GOG which I am upgrading towards a bigger one

I've also bought a bracelet from a local jeweller and various smaller diamonds, which have to be at least ideal cut.
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
ETA: Oh for consistency of answers and votes, please assume the following arbitrary definitions:

- diamonds that are **edited at request of OP** bigger than 0.20ct each are counted as individual stones. There's no particular reason for this, other than the fact that many vendors' sites only show diamonds that are at least 0.20ct each. So, if you have a pair of studs of 0.10ct each, I'd count them as one diamond.

- similarly, since bracelets tend to be made up of melee diamonds, please count each bracelet as one. If, however, you have a bracelet that has, say, 5 diamonds of 0.30ct each, pls count them as 5 diamonds.

- if you have upgraded, please count the ones you've returned as well (like I have).
 

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
701
Since PS,

- 0.51 oval diamond ring
- 1.10tcw transition cut diamond ring with 0.80 centre stone
- bezel set diamond holiday ring - no idea of carat weight

Am currently looking at resetting the oval and also looking for a yellow sapphire for another project later on.
 

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
4,607
How do I possibly count all the diamonds in my halo and matching eternity bands..... do those count????

If not... then... just three my e-ring and a pair of diamond studs... that I am crazy in love with!!!
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Mayk|1316083753|3018071 said:
How do I possibly count all the diamonds in my halo and matching eternity bands..... do those count????

If not... then... just three my e-ring and a pair of diamond studs... that I am crazy in love with!!!

Only stones .20 and bigger count. You ERing counts as one. Wedding band counts as 1.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
I voted 3-5... I bought a pair if huggies, .46 OEC I bezeled in a pendant, 3 .20 RB I put in a DZbTY bracelet. (also had a .48 radiant I resold and broke even on)
 

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
691
I voted 3-5 but if you count .20 as 1 each then I did it wrong...

1.61 E SI1 Princess in the Amphora halo (from Whiteflash)
2.1 ctw eternity ring made with 10 pointers (from IDJ)
2 ctw Huggies made with 20 pointers (from IDJ)


According to the instructions the Huggies would count as 10 stones bc they are 20 points each but that didnt seem right.

ETA: I came here just for the e-ring stone research but within the 1st 3 months had bought the stone/setting/eternity ring and huggies....
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
I put myself down in the 3-5 range to include my pendant and earrings, although technically speaking, I guess my most recent eternity ring counts, too - 20 .20 pointers! But that really does seem to stick to the letter but not the spirit of the thing. I would guess a few of my other pieces should count, too - the 2.5 carre band, the vintage Eastern Star ring, etc. - so let's say a piece or two a year since discovering PS 4 years ago.

With me, the problem is that I'm averse to upgrading, both emotionally and economically: I tend to get attached to the memories specific pieces inspire, and even beyond that, the idea of losing X value just to go up Y carats gives me the willies! I'd generally just prefer to get a new piece ....

But as, after the upcoming anniversary ring, I'll have my basics and even I can't quite justify multiple pendants in different shapes (for example), I'll probably either have to declare my collection complete, or come to terms with the concept of upgrading! Good thing PS vendors have good policies .... :rodent:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
lbbaber|1316088832|3018090 said:
I voted 3-5 but if you count .20 as 1 each then I did it wrong...

1.61 E SI1 Princess in the Amphora halo (from Whiteflash)
2.1 ctw eternity ring made with 10 pointers (from IDJ)
2 ctw Huggies made with 20 pointers (from IDJ)


According to the instructions the Huggies would count as 10 stones bc they are 20 points each but that didnt seem right.

Hmmm...I was envisaging this kind of difficulty counting. I was initially thinking of 0.30ct as the cut-off, but realised that I've seen quite a few PS'ers with studs that are 0.25ct each (or 0.50ctw in total), and it just didn't seem right either counting them as one diamond only.

Anyhow, 0.20ct diamonds start at abt $500 min, and that's no mean feat. As mentioned, these assumptions are just arbitrary, so may I suggest that we stick to 0.20ct as the cut-off point?

ETA: Ya'know, prior to PS, I didn't even know that you could get huggies with stones as large as 20 pointers. I have a pair myself. I'd previously thought that hoops or half-hoops only came as micro-pave. So maybe this would help somewhat? :wink2: :))


ETA: I came here just for the e-ring stone research but within the 1st 3 months had bought the stone/setting/eternity ring and huggies....[/
quote]

ETAA: I kind of suspect that this is what the majority (if not then at least a large proportion) of PS'ers have done since finding out abt PS, ha ha! :tongue:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Circe|1316090272|3018101 said:
I put myself down in the 3-5 range to include my pendant and earrings, although technically speaking, I guess my most recent eternity ring counts, too - 20 .20 pointers! But that really does seem to stick to the letter but not the spirit of the thing. I would guess a few of my other pieces should count, too - the 2.5 carre band, the vintage Eastern Star ring, etc. - so let's say a piece or two a year since discovering PS 4 years ago.

With me, the problem is that I'm averse to upgrading, both emotionally and economically: I tend to get attached to the memories specific pieces inspire, and even beyond that, the idea of losing X value just to go up Y carats gives me the willies! I'd generally just prefer to get a new piece ....

But as, after the upcoming anniversary ring, I'll have my basics and even I can't quite justify multiple pendants in different shapes (for example), I'll probably either have to declare my collection complete, or come to terms with the concept of upgrading! Good thing PS vendors have good policies .... :rodent:
I agree, but am not sure how else to do the counting. I guess I could've included another option with something like: 10+ but this includes diamonds less than 1ct each, like huggies with 0.20ct's or eternity rings with 0.30'ct. And in any case, there are multiple other ways to do the poll, but alas it is too late to change the poll now! 8) .

Incidentally, do you have a thread of all yr lovelies together? They sound delish and I'd love to see them all in one place.
 

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
1,770
Just a pair of Whiteflash ACA studs, .7 carat total weight. Lots of colored gemstones though.
 

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
5,625
Pretty much everything I have bought, I have bought from eBay or a maul store to see if it a 'forever piece'... and if deemed so, sold and upgraded to one from a PS vendor! :bigsmile:

.50ctw halo diamond pendant

1ct diamond studs, later sold and upgraded to 1.10ctw ACA studs from WF

2.8ctw tennis bracelet, later sold and upgraded to a 3.02ctw bracelet from IDJ (waaaaaay better diamonds!!!!)

Three loose diamonds (.35ct, .70ct and .37ct BGD Signature Cuts) that I used to upgrade the diamonds in my e-ring

2.2ctw full diamond eternity, later sold and bought a 2.10ctw from IDJ (the first one was lovely but I needed a larger size)

2 OEC solitaire rings I later had reset, I gave on to my mum and sold the other as I didn't wear it much (and the buyer had a very very tight budget but desperately wanted to surprise his fiancee with a diamond engagement ring, she had been wearing a cz for a few years and was over the moon! And I put the funds towards new bling, so everyone was very happy! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:)

Diamond jackets for my citrine studs

And a couple of channel set eternities I sold to fund my upgrade habit :Up_to_something:
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
21,100
I found PS before I got my first diamond (not counting a few family stones that were strictly in the wear-but-no-keeping category then)

So... all of them! I only have a few "serious" pieces though -
-my RB threestone from WF
-pink diamond half-eternity that was gifted to me, and earring drops from my grandmother (which are more sentimental than valuable, and the stones aren't particularly well-cut I don't think, but I adore them anyway ::) )
-bracelet w/ 2 antique cushions from Ruby Lane
-baby bezel studs from Tiffany - another gift, from my ILs, these have been my everyday go-to earrings since I got them
-my old 1ctw OEC studs from mlopros on eBay - they're gorgeous stones, but I've worn them maybe five times since I got them? I just don't like the size on my ears IRL - they're not small enough to be everyday earrings, and I prefer the bezels anyway, but they don't cover nearly enough of my (unfortunately large!) earlobes to be standout statement pieces either. I'm going to use the stones and another from a newer pair of 1ctw OEC studs to make a 5stone for my mum - I'm leaning toward a pair of yellow OECs as the last two :sun:
-I got a 1.2 OEC some time ago and am waiting on a 1.3 OEC that looked like a good match on paper, hopefully it'll pan out IRL. 2.5ctw studs should be more than big enough 8)


There's a handful of other rings/earrings/pendants/jackets with melee - they don't see regular use though.


ETA: When I look at my list I realize PS hasn't really changed my habits all that much. I'd have bought the stuff anyway, magpie that I am - I just know better what to look for now!


There is a clear progression of learning, I think:
1. At first, one begins to note that some stones, vendors, types are "better" than others. That's the initial learning stage.
2. I think of the second stage as the "leech" stage - it's where the PS Ideal takes on almost God-like importance, and the various tools and calculators and numbers become prophets. The numbers, photos, and charts begin to drive the choice exclusively, too often without acknowledgement that those tools are biased toward certain aesthetics that the buyer's eyes may or may not prefer.
3. The third stage is "realization" - that the tools are just tools, and that purchases should be motivated first and foremost by the buyer's priorities, whatever those are - that there really is no right or wrong. That stones of various types have pros and cons, and that one's eyes may clearly prefer one thing over another - and that that preference is what ultimately matters.

It took me a long time to make it to Stage 3.
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
Phoenix|1316090790|3018105 said:
Circe|1316090272|3018101 said:
I put myself down in the 3-5 range to include my pendant and earrings, although technically speaking, I guess my most recent eternity ring counts, too - 20 .20 pointers! But that really does seem to stick to the letter but not the spirit of the thing. I would guess a few of my other pieces should count, too - the 2.5 carre band, the vintage Eastern Star ring, etc. - so let's say a piece or two a year since discovering PS 4 years ago.

With me, the problem is that I'm averse to upgrading, both emotionally and economically: I tend to get attached to the memories specific pieces inspire, and even beyond that, the idea of losing X value just to go up Y carats gives me the willies! I'd generally just prefer to get a new piece ....

But as, after the upcoming anniversary ring, I'll have my basics and even I can't quite justify multiple pendants in different shapes (for example), I'll probably either have to declare my collection complete, or come to terms with the concept of upgrading! Good thing PS vendors have good policies .... :rodent:
I agree, but am not sure how else to do the counting. I guess I could've included another option with something like: 10+ but this includes diamonds less than 1ct each, like huggies with 0.20ct's or eternity rings with 0.30'ct. And in any case, there are multiple other ways to do the poll, but alas it is too late to change the poll now! 8) .

Incidentally, do you have a thread of all yr lovelies together? They sound delish and I'd love to see them all in one place.
I think ... while it's always hard to figure out where to draw the cut-off ... given varying budgets and preferences, I'd consider the intent of the piece rather than the overall cost. Like, an e-ring with a .15 center, one diamond, a multi-stone piece like huggies or an eternity band, one "diamond," no matter how many carats it totaled out at. Does that make sense? In my head, it's more about the proportional level of diamond-obsession to personal income than it is about bottom-line-spent. Like you said, this poll is set, but it seems true to the meaning behind the question - just how much has PS enabled each of us?

And, d'oh, Phoenix, don't put the idea of making a catch-all thread into my head - I'm on deadline, and of course my procrastinating side wants to play with the shiny and have a photo-shoot instead! :twisted:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Circe|1316094463|3018138 said:
Phoenix|1316090790|3018105 said:
Circe|1316090272|3018101 said:
I put myself down in the 3-5 range to include my pendant and earrings, although technically speaking, I guess my most recent eternity ring counts, too - 20 .20 pointers! But that really does seem to stick to the letter but not the spirit of the thing. I would guess a few of my other pieces should count, too - the 2.5 carre band, the vintage Eastern Star ring, etc. - so let's say a piece or two a year since discovering PS 4 years ago.

With me, the problem is that I'm averse to upgrading, both emotionally and economically: I tend to get attached to the memories specific pieces inspire, and even beyond that, the idea of losing X value just to go up Y carats gives me the willies! I'd generally just prefer to get a new piece ....

But as, after the upcoming anniversary ring, I'll have my basics and even I can't quite justify multiple pendants in different shapes (for example), I'll probably either have to declare my collection complete, or come to terms with the concept of upgrading! Good thing PS vendors have good policies .... :rodent:
I agree, but am not sure how else to do the counting. I guess I could've included another option with something like: 10+ but this includes diamonds less than 1ct each, like huggies with 0.20ct's or eternity rings with 0.30'ct. And in any case, there are multiple other ways to do the poll, but alas it is too late to change the poll now! 8) .

Incidentally, do you have a thread of all yr lovelies together? They sound delish and I'd love to see them all in one place.
I think ... while it's always hard to figure out where to draw the cut-off ... given varying budgets and preferences, I'd consider the intent of the piece rather than the overall cost. Like, an e-ring with a .15 center, one diamond, a multi-stone piece like huggies or an eternity band, one "diamond," no matter how many carats it totaled out at. Does that make sense? In my head, it's more about the proportional level of diamond-obsession to personal income than it is about bottom-line-spent. Like you said, this poll is set, but it seems true to the meaning behind the question - just how much has PS enabled each of us?

And, d'oh, Phoenix, don't put the idea of making a catch-all thread into my head - I'm on deadline, and of course my procrastinating side wants to play with the shiny and have a photo-shoot instead! :twisted:
Yes, agreed 100%, but the poll and assumptions have already been set out. I don't want to confuse matters by having some ppl vote one way and some others vote another. So please bear with me! :)) You are absolutely right of course that the true meaning behind this is to see how PS has influenced our bling-purchasing behaviour.

Ya' know, if there are enough responses, say at least 50, I may do another poll (a sub-poll if you like), and ask for those that have say 5+ or 10+ diamonds, can they choose a SUB-option of counting i) diamonds of at least 0.20ct each that are standalone, and ii) diamonds of at least 0.20ct each that are in a set, like a pair of stud earrings, or an eternity ring or a pair of huggies etc. How does that sound? I may even do a mean, median etc. like the ones that some PS'ers have done in the past for diamond sizes. All suggestions are welcome btw.

I know what you mean abt procrastinating, lol! I am forever putting all my lovelies out and playing with them under different kinds of lighting. DH thinks I'm cuckoo!! :rodent: :lol:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Yssie|1316094026|3018135 said:
I found PS before I got my first diamond (not counting a few family stones that were strictly in the wear-but-no-keeping category then)

So... all of them! I only have a few "serious" pieces though -
-my RB threestone from WF
-pink diamond half-eternity that was gifted to me, and earring drops from my grandmother (which are more sentimental than valuable, and the stones aren't particularly well-cut I don't think, but I adore them anyway ::) )
-bracelet w/ 2 antique cushions from Ruby Lane
-baby bezel studs from Tiffany - another gift, from my ILs, these have been my everyday go-to earrings since I got them
-my old 1ctw OEC studs from mlopros on eBay - they're gorgeous stones, but I've worn them maybe five times since I got them? I just don't like the size on my ears IRL - they're not small enough to be everyday earrings, and I prefer the bezels anyway, but they don't cover nearly enough of my (unfortunately large!) earlobes to be standout statement pieces either. I'm going to use the stones and another from a newer pair of 1ctw OEC studs to make a 5stone for my mum - I'm leaning toward a pair of yellow OECs as the last two :sun:
-I got a 1.2 OEC some time ago and am waiting on a 1.3 OEC that looked like a good match on paper, hopefully it'll pan out IRL. 2.5ctw studs should be more than big enough 8)


There's a handful of other rings/earrings/pendants/jackets with melee - they don't see regular use though.
Yssie, I have said it before and I will say it again. *Every* time I see your ring, I just sigh - you know, the kind of contented, happy sigh. You def have one of the best collections around here. You have great taste.

Btw, why don't you wear the other pieces more regularly? May I ask? It seems such a shame!
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
21,100
Aww thank you Phoenix! You yourself have one of the most complete - and utterly enviable - collections on PS :))

I just started a new job, so I don't even wear the threestone, actually. Just my plain wedding band - for now! The office lighting stinks anyway :devil: As for the others - pure laziness. I hate sleeping in jewellery and usually can't be bothered with more than the basics first thing in the morning - which is for me ring and something in my ears...


Right now the place is a disaster, and it takes twice as long to get ready in the morning as it should - you know when you start unpacking and nothing is where it should be, and your routine is all screwed up and you're running up and down the stairs for everything? My DH decided the shower I was using wasn't good enough for him and took the soap and shampoo and spare towel to the other bathroom. Which of course I didn't discover until I started showering :nono:
 

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
1,630
ACA studs
smaller Canadian mined studs (for second hole)
ACA pendant
Diamond eternity ring
Reset an OEC in a semi bezel ring
Sapphire and diamond bezel eternity ring

oh crap! I just realized that I bought more than I voted for! I said 3-5 but it`s actually more! :-o

And I can tell you that I am not done. No way. There is always room for more diamonds! :bigsmile:

Cachette :))
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Yssie|1316097250|3018175 said:
Aww thank you Phoenix! You yourself have one of the most complete - and utterly enviable - collections on PS :))

I just started a new job, so I don't even wear the threestone, actually. Just my plain wedding band - for now! The office lighting stinks anyway :devil: As for the others - pure laziness. I hate sleeping in jewellery and usually can't be bothered with more than the basics first thing in the morning - which is for me ring and something in my ears...


Right now the place is a disaster, and it takes twice as long to get ready in the morning as it should - you know when you start unpacking and nothing is where it should be, and your routine is all screwed up and you're running up and down the stairs for everything? My DH decided the shower I was using wasn't good enough for him and took the soap and shampoo and spare towel to the other bathroom. Which of course I didn't discover until I started showering :nono:
Congrats on the new job! How awesome! :appl:

Too funny about the routine being messed up! So NOT! I know *exactly* what you mean. We moved back into our own place 3 months ago and am still having trouble locating certain things....aahh you know, nothing important like pics of me as a baby with my beloved parents, nothing irreplaceable! :roll:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Cachette|1316097266|3018176 said:
ACA studs
smaller Canadian mined studs (for second hole)
ACA pendant
Diamond eternity ring
Reset an OEC in a semi bezel ring
Sapphire and diamond bezel eternity ring

oh crap! I just realized that I bought more than I voted for! I said 3-5 but it`s actually more! :-o

And I can tell you that I am not done. No way. There is always room for more diamonds! :bigsmile:

Cachette :))
Ha ha, too funny! :bigsmile:
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
21,100
Phoenix|1316097739|3018180 said:
Yssie|1316097250|3018175 said:
Aww thank you Phoenix! You yourself have one of the most complete - and utterly enviable - collections on PS :))

I just started a new job, so I don't even wear the threestone, actually. Just my plain wedding band - for now! The office lighting stinks anyway :devil: As for the others - pure laziness. I hate sleeping in jewellery and usually can't be bothered with more than the basics first thing in the morning - which is for me ring and something in my ears...


Right now the place is a disaster, and it takes twice as long to get ready in the morning as it should - you know when you start unpacking and nothing is where it should be, and your routine is all screwed up and you're running up and down the stairs for everything? My DH decided the shower I was using wasn't good enough for him and took the soap and shampoo and spare towel to the other bathroom. Which of course I didn't discover until I started showering :nono:
Congrats on the new job! How awesome! :appl:

Too funny about the routine being messed up! So NOT! I know *exactly* what you mean. We moved back into our own place 3 months ago and am still having trouble locating certain things....aahh you know, nothing important like pics of me as a baby with my beloved parents, nothing irreplaceable! :roll:

Ugh. I hope you find them Phoenix - and soon! I definitely understand - "they're probably here somewhere", "there's no reason they shouldn't be here safe and sound" just isn't good enough for some things.

I'll stop threadjacking your thread now 8)
 

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
4,881
I've bought 5 stones. A BGD stone to match one I already owned for studs. Then 4 OMC's for a 5 stone ring project. Still looking for the 5th!
The only other jewelry that I've had the choice to buy (my e-ring was purchased after joining PS but I didn't pick out the stone) is my BGD eternity band.

Since discovering PS I've commissioned 6 colored stone pendants (in my av, they were purchased for my BMs), 2 colored stone rings for my mother, and I have a dainy rhodoliate garnet halo (LOGT setting) for myself.
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
Yssie|1316098041|3018186 said:
Phoenix|1316097739|3018180 said:
Yssie|1316097250|3018175 said:
Ugh. I hope you find them Phoenix - and soon! I definitely understand - "they're probably here somewhere", "there's no reason they shouldn't be here safe and sound" just isn't good enough for some things.

I'll stop threadjacking your thread now 8)
Oh no, no threadjack at all! :)) I'm the one who started it. Anyway, one of the things I love abt our convos here on PS is that thing just evolve, naturally.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope I find them soon too. I'd hate for them to get stuck somewhere (like our-old-maid's-room-now-de facto-storeroom) and get mouldy and ruined. Reminding self to go have a good rummaging through "stuff" tomorrow.
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
I didn't own any diamonds pre-PS. Now I have

-three-stone ring (counts as one, side stones are ~0.12 each)
-bezel diamond studs from parents (0.40 each)
-diamond pendant from future in-laws (0.43)

and I have a wishlist too! (oec) PS does that :razz:
 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
6,570
Bought and kept or bought and returned??? :cheeky:

I have bought 2 cushion stones. Traded one for the second one, then sold it and bought my OMB.

I also bought an eternity band with .20 pt stones (14 of them)

I bought a .75 OEC that is on it's way to Ari at SS to see if it can be bezeled to hide a decent sized chip.

I have returned several stones that didn't meet my expectations.

So, how do I vote? :lol:
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
yennyfire|1316100244|3018205 said:
Bought and kept or bought and returned??? :cheeky:

I have bought 2 cushion stones. Traded one for the second one, then sold it and bought my OMB.

I also bought an eternity band with .20 pt stones (14 of them)

I bought a .75 OEC that is on it's way to Ari at SS to see if it can be bezeled to hide a decent sized chip.

I have returned several stones that didn't meet my expectations.

So, how do I vote? :lol:
Ah, this is a bit more complicated that I'd envisaged! :)

How about you count ALL those that you've bought with the intention of keeping, including those that you've traded in for an upgrade(s) as well as those you wanted to keep but struggled to keep since although you wanted to, you couldn't because they weren't up to par?

That makes sense, right? (I hope). See, one of my intentions is to see how our taste/ requirements have improved / become more strict since this is what one has learned from PS, no? (or maybe not! :wink2: ).
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,364
yennyfire|1316100244|3018205 said:
I also bought an eternity band with .20 pt stones (14 of them)
:lol:
ETA: Ah, the 0.20ct cut-off point again! Seems like a common theme here. Maybe I should email Admin and see if I can change that criterion to "GREATER than 0.20ct". Anyway, there's already an option for re-voting. So perhaps if that criterion is changed, if you could pls vote then or re-vote if you've already voted. Pls all those who have voted using this criterion stated above ("equal to or greater than 0.20ct"), including Circe and lbbaber, pls re-vote then, assuming it can be altered.

Silly Phoenix! :roll:
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
I put 2. I haven't gotten my engagement yet though. I got a small .32 emerald cut that called to me for about a year. It's currently in a white gold setting but I'm toying with the idea of resetting it. The other is a small un-certed round brilliant set in a pendant that I got for a sickeningly low price. It's very white, eye clean and has mad fire.

Would have been more but I lost my toe ring. Go ahead, throw food at me now.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Tennis Bracelet Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top