shape
carat
color
clarity

How long to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 6:08:26 PM
Author: Ryon
Also don''t feel bad for me, I have been posting that thing for a month basically just asking for someone else to buy it and thank you for giving me plenty of time to make the decision. I could have got it a long time ago so it is no big deal. =)
Ryon: I appreciate your good-naturedness about this - very gentlemanly.

Cinnamon: can''t wait to see your pics! Heyyyy, wait a minute........okay, just checked your "Last stone for awhile - I swear" thread - I think it''s been 8 days, LOL!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 7:24:31 PM
Author: cellentani
Cinnamon: can''t wait to see your pics! Heyyyy, wait a minute........okay, just checked your ''Last stone for awhile - I swear'' thread - I think it''s been 8 days, LOL!!!

Haha!
Gems are addicting...

Ryon

Shiny_Rock

Date: 6/4/2009 6:08:26 PM
Author: Ryon
Also don''t feel bad for me, I have been posting that thing for a month basically just asking for someone else to buy it and thank you for giving me plenty of time to make the decision. I could have got it a long time ago so it is no big deal. =)
Ryon: I appreciate your good-naturedness about this - very gentlemanly.

Cinnamon: can''t wait to see your pics! Heyyyy, wait a minute........okay, just checked your ''Last stone for awhile - I swear'' thread - I think it''s been 8 days, LOL!!!
Everyone says I am a nice guy =) thanks!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock

hahaha, that''d be right! Perhaps we can tempt you with more gems?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t wait to see it!

Ryon- such a gentlemen, Sometimes I just post gems in hopes that someone else takes me out of misery... so it saves me from actually committing

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I did a swear off when I had just ordered the big honkin pink tourmaline from Barry and the chrysoberyl before I even got the tourm. BUT, I returned the tourmaline to Barry and had some funds in my pocket. That''s how I was able to justify this RH stone. I just noticed someone bought the supernova oval tourm I returned to Barry. I hope they like it. It is a big one and will make someone happy! Now, I had a rash of returns because I sent back two Vallejo stones and that is the absolute last funds I *might* buy a stone with for a while.
31.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 11:50:57 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Oh I did a swear off when I had just ordered the big honkin pink tourmaline from Barry and the chrysoberyl before I even got the tourm. BUT, I returned the tourmaline to Barry and had some funds in my pocket. That''s how I was able to justify this RH stone. I just noticed someone bought the supernova oval tourm I returned to Barry. I hope they like it. It is a big one and will make someone happy! Now, I had a rash of returns because I sent back two Vallejo stones and that is the absolute last funds I *might* buy a stone with for a while.
31.gif
no absolution there
31.gif
ehh- too funny!

whew- i found like 5 stones that i''m cosidering- one i was teetering tottering on.. it was a beutiful trillion peridot from gemline... and I should have just bid on it for the price and size it looked amazing
39.gif
now I''m onto, finewaters, and gemrite and Michael as well and I just bought a tourmaline asscher mod from Barry (a surprise for you all to see
31.gif
) and I really have to put the brakes on now too... so I can get my freakin reset completed.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
In the colored stone world, there isn''t much time to think for lower priced stones (under $500). I have only returned 1 stone although I have received many ugly ones :razz: I am lazy that way.

I just recevied 8 ugly stones I got on eBay today. They weren''t cheap (from US seller) but many are windowed.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 7:55:46 PM
Author: CharmyPop

I just recevied 8 ugly stones I got on eBay today. They weren''t cheap (from US seller) but many are windowed.

Charmy- that is unfortunate.... hope you return these ones?

cinnamon- glad you went for it
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 7:55:46 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
In the colored stone world, there isn''t much time to think for lower priced stones (under $500). I have only returned 1 stone although I have received many ugly ones :razz: I am lazy that way.

uggg- Charmy I hope you can get some better ones...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
Sorry for the bad experience. With time and experience, you''ll be able to spot the windows the vendors are tying to hide by tilting the stone or using camera angles to minimize it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 7:30:00 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Haha!

Gems are addicting...

Ryon -- Let this be (another) warning to you -- having bought your aquamarine, you''ve now started down this slippery slope too!

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Haha, well now that I have a great cutter I will eventually get her earrings Etc.
She is worth it and it''s kind of fun because you can choose whatever you like to be made and the prices are often reasonable.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I returned this stone to Richard. It just didn''t blow me away. If anyone thinks they are interested, send an email to Richard. It should arrive at his place no later than tomorrow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear...that''s not good news. Do you mind sharing what it was that bothered you? Was it the colour? Maybe concave faceting isn''t your cup of tea? Something else?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:07:05 PM
Author: Chrono
Oh dear...that''s not good news. Do you mind sharing what it was that bothered you? Was it the colour? Maybe concave faceting isn''t your cup of tea? Something else?
Well it is hard to describe, but in some lighting, it had an extinction effect that made dark areas like a windmill going out. Not like asscher windmills, like an actual windmill. It just really took away from the stone since it didn''t blend with the lines of the emerald cut. The color was pretty and the cut was cool. But the extinction I did not care for. And regarding the cut, it did not create more sparkle than my round brillant cuts from Barry and Gene. Not really sure if it was because it was a tourmaline or not, but it did not compare at all to my other tourmalines in terms of sparkle. I was actually pretty surprised that I did not love it. My coworkers seemed to like it, but sitting it next to my other gems, I just didn''t see what they saw.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry you didn''t like it; it sounds like maybe you don''t like concave faceting? It is an unsual taste because it is very different from flat faceting. There isn''t the usual flash of colour or sparkle; just shimmering or lines of colour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results