carat
color
clarity

How long for makeup and hair?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update from me.

0 time for makeup these days. As in I don't wear any makeup anymore unless we have an occasion to attend. Wait, that's a lie. I wear lip gloss. LOL.

Hair time now consists of my dh washing and conditioning my hair every other day in our kitchen sink as for the past 4 weekend counting I cannot use my left hand so have been completely dependent on him to wash my hair. I do nothing but let it air dry anyway so amount of time on hair consists the 10 minutes it takes dh to wash and conditioning it every other day.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that's so sweet of you hubby to wash your hair:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that's so sweet of you hubby to wash your hair:appl:

Thanks so much @baby monster. I’m definitely grateful because my hair isn’t easy. Very tangly and thin and long. He’s very gentle and I lose less hair with each wash when he does it vs when I used to do it. Now I just hope and pray I will be able to wash my own hair in the near future but it’s not looking good :cry2:

But yes I’m fortunate my DH is so sweet.
We balance each other out cause well I’m not always so sweet :oops2: :whistle::lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the days I wash my hair, it probably takes me about 25 minutes to blow dry it. Although shortish, it’s very thick and I have lots of it.

Makeup, about 10 minutes after I’ve cleansed and toned, applied serums (eye & face) and moisturiser. Always wear foundation with SPF, blusher, powder, eyeliner, mascara, lipliner and lip gloss. This is my daily routine, I wear make up every day, I’m nearly 60.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if I’m in a rush it’s just eyeliner and eyebrows and out the door.
Otherwise maybe 10 minutes to do some serum, moisturizer, BB cream and highlighter too. Pretty minimal make up over all.

I have a pretty significant undercut and just put the rest of my long hair in a pony tail and call it a day. Couldn’t style my hair if I tried, have no idea how.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
For me, 10-15 minutes on skincare...I'm doing the K-Beauty 10 step routine which starts with cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule, serum, moisturizer etc...it's alot of steps but I swear my skin has never looked and felt better.

My makeup takes maybe 20 minutes. Primer followed by powder then foundation. I learned this trick from MUA Wayne Goss. Applying powder before foundation curbs oiliness and your makeup just looks better and lasts longer. I do light contouring and got powder brows so nothing to do there. No eye makeup either since I got extensions. I finish off with a lip stain.

I don't do much with my hair. Apply camellia oil to wet hair followed by a texturizing spray and let it air dry. Sometimes I'll put it in a braid.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say about 5 mind tops for make-up : I use toner, facial oil, bb cream, eye liner mascara, extra sunscreen (spf50, I am very fair skinned) daily. Optional are primer, bronzer, eye shadow (glitter in a foolproof cream stick format). Which will add about 30 sec each.
Hair is straight, so I'll just blow dry it to not catch a cold in winter =5minutes

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started this thread several years ago. Now I'm about to turn 55.

I have been a lipstick slave for almost 40 years. This past winter my lips were so dry. Lipstick began feeling like caked-on cement. My lips are thinner than they used to be, and I'm afraid the red lipstick might look garish, rather than glamorous!
And my lip line seems to be disappearing. I was using lip liner to define and keep the lipstick from bleeding.

So lately I have discovered tinted lip balm.
I just bought some cheap stuff to test it out.
It feels smooth and moist, with a little color. I really like it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started this thread several years ago. Now I'm about to turn 55.

I have been a lipstick slave for almost 40 years. This past winter my lips were so dry. Lipstick began feeling like caked-on cement. My lips are thinner than they used to be, and I'm afraid the red lipstick might look garish, rather than glamorous!
And my lip line seems to be disappearing. I was using lip liner to define and keep the lipstick from bleeding.

So lately I have discovered tinted lip balm.
I just bought some cheap stuff to test it out.
It feels smooth and moist, with a little color. I really like it!

@stracci2000 I love lip tint. Burt's Bees makes a nice one. And for an easy to wear "almost" lipstick have you ever tried Clinique Almost lipstick? Their Black Honey is lovely and easy to wear. Even I can wear it and that's saying something. Very subtle but looks polished and pretty.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 minute toothbrush
7 minute shower
8 minute skin care and makeup
6 minute blow dry
5 minute dressing (if I know what I'm wearing)
3 minute bling clean

Out the door in 32 minutes.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe 1 minute? Almost never wear makeup and hair is almost always in a ponytail. The longest part of my daily routine is brushing/flossing my teeth.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 minute bling clean
Yes!!! I probably spend more time on jewelry selection and quick bling cleaning than hair styling!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good topic! My hair is the bane of my existence - it is REALLY thick and long, and has become curly in my older age. I think it started getting curly around 31, and I've struggled with it ever since (I'm 42). Blowing my hair dry takes longer than half an hour, so I only do it twice a week. So on those days, my routine takes close to 45 minutes. The other days I wear a pony tail or a bun.

Makeup is minimal - I wear a BB cream for coverage, blush or bronzer over that, mascara and sometimes lipstick. I'd say that takes me about 5-10 minutes, but I like to do it over a cup of coffee while I watch a show or catch up on PS or other social media, so in reality it probably takes me longer than that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
~40 minutes, which includes shower, moisturizing/skin care, blow dry (long hair), hot rollers, full face of makeup, pre-determined outfit and accessories. Sometimes I throw on some quick-dry nail polish right before I walk out the door as well, and on those few occasions I feel like I really have my shit together. :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
~40 minutes, which includes shower, moisturizing/skin care, blow dry (long hair), hot rollers, full face of makeup, pre-determined outfit and accessories. Sometimes I throw on some quick-dry nail polish right before I walk out the door as well, and on those few occasions I feel like I really have my shit together. :lol:

How is this possible? In 40 minutes you can shower, blow your hair dry, and use hot rollers? I'm sincerely envious. How long does it take to dry your hair?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update from me.

0 time for makeup these days. As in I don't wear any makeup anymore unless we have an occasion to attend. Wait, that's a lie. I wear lip gloss. LOL.

Hair time now consists of my dh washing and conditioning my hair every other day in our kitchen sink as for the past 4 weekend counting I cannot use my left hand so have been completely dependent on him to wash my hair. I do nothing but let it air dry anyway so amount of time on hair consists the 10 minutes it takes dh to wash and conditioning it every other day.
Missy, your hubby is a real "gem"!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is this possible? In 40 minutes you can shower, blow your hair dry, and use hot rollers? I'm sincerely envious. How long does it take to dry your hair?

It takes about 5 minutes, I think? My hair is naturally straight, though, and fine, and I don't dry it until it's completely dry--I'm blowing it out for volume. I flip my head over, and basically get my roots mostly dry and then take a round brush to the rest of it. I throw in about 5-6 hot rollers while I do my makeup, and the last thing I do is take those out, run my fingers through my hair and add some styling powder to my scalp at the crown, spray it, and done. Believe me, I am sincerely envious of those who have lots of hair with lots of body! Here's a pic from last week.

fullsizeoutput_b3d.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It takes about 5 minutes, I think? My hair is naturally straight, though, and fine, and I don't dry it until it's completely dry--I'm blowing it out for volume. I flip my head over, and basically get my roots mostly dry and then take a round brush to the rest of it. I throw in about 5-6 hot rollers while I do my makeup, and the last thing I do is take those out, run my fingers through my hair and add some styling powder to my scalp at the crown, spray it, and done. Believe me, I am sincerely envious of those who have lots of hair with lots of body! Here's a pic from last week.

fullsizeoutput_b3d.jpeg
Monarch! You're a goddess!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fullsizeoutput_b3d.jpeg

The grass is always greener on the other side. I think your hair looks lovely here :love: I’m generally trying to minimize volume or frizz. Sometimes just the thought of blowing it dry is so overwhelming I throw it in a bun and leave the house

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Each day... I use foundation at least as a concealer & often further. A YSL concealer stick is always in my bag. I suspect that concealer & powder would be a better combination - & of course, I am not trying!

My moisturizer is a hot towel - applied once or twice a week in the evenings. Frankly, it is so relaxing too - this stuff must have been how barbers addicted their 'prey' ,) Skin does its own moisturising in response - & just as well, as it doesn't let me do anything else. Camelia oil is an exception - that I should be using better. @xsouzie [on hair - I haven't even tried... ]

Then, there is a clay mask - a variably light wash of clay powder & H2O - at the end of the week; it does heal just about anything my skin comes up with.

I tend to use a white highlighter around the eye - instead of heavier concealer use.

Color... Folks are so surprised to see any not natural colour on my face - it is rather nice to do every now & then ,)

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm :think: probably about 15 mins for makeup. 2 mins for hair as I don't bother much with it.

To go out for somewhere fancy though it would be twice that time. :mrgreen:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Wake
Shower 7 minutes, including hair and shaving
Hair 2 minutes - curly hair, add gel and part. Air dry.
Brush teeth, deodorant 3 minutes
Predetermined outfit 1 minute
Make up 75 seconds (no joke) - eyeliner, primer & mascara, blush, and lipstick.
Out the door in 20, added 5 minute buffer for misc.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The grass is always greener on the other side. I think your hair looks lovely here :love: I’m generally trying to minimize volume or frizz. Sometimes just the thought of blowing it dry is so overwhelming I throw it in a bun and leave the house

Yes, it is so true that the grass is greener! If my hair took longer than 5-6 minutes to blow-dry, I wouldn't do it either. Actually, I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of the house with coat and scarf IN HAND instead of on me because I'm sweating to death. I just did that yesterday, in fact. And on our way to lunch I rolled my window down even though it was 36 degrees outside. LOL heat styling sucks no matter what.

Do buns give you headaches? My hair is not heavy at all but when I put it in a topknot I'm only good for an hour or two before I have to take it out because it starts to hurt. Maybe I need to switch back to scrunchies--I know I've seen "the young kids" wearing them again the past few years. I never got headaches when I wore them but that was oh, 20 years ago, so...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0 makeup and a few seconds to comb my hair. I swear I'm not a hippie tree hugger or anything like that!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is so true that the grass is greener! If my hair took longer than 5-6 minutes to blow-dry, I wouldn't do it either. Actually, I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of the house with coat and scarf IN HAND instead of on me because I'm sweating to death. I just did that yesterday, in fact. And on our way to lunch I rolled my window down even though it was 36 degrees outside. LOL heat styling sucks no matter what.

Do buns give you headaches? My hair is not heavy at all but when I put it in a topknot I'm only good for an hour or two before I have to take it out because it starts to hurt. Maybe I need to switch back to scrunchies--I know I've seen "the young kids" wearing them again the past few years. I never got headaches when I wore them but that was oh, 20 years ago, so...

Scrunchies!!! Yes, I hear they're back. I used to make my own, because most were too small for my hair - maybe I should start that back up!

I can do a bun, but I can't leave it in too long because I do get a headache. Also, low buns versus high top-knot are more endurable for me. Just around the house, I use a claw clip, because I find those most tolerable of all. I always sweat when I blow my hair out too! I have started blowing mine out at night before bed, because I have the time and it doesn't piss me off like in the morning. Last night my husband laughed when I said "okay, I'm going to blow my hair dry and go to bed." He thinks that's very strange :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@violet3 Have you tried this? I love it. Super easy on the hair too and good for both thin and thick hair.

https://www.ponyo.com/

@violet3 they have a bun pony o too. I tried it but couldn’t make it work for me (I’m not graceful with this stuff lol) but it’s so pretty.

Last edited:

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
I function really slowly in the mornings... it takes me about 20 minutes to just put on concealer, minimal eyeshadow, blush, mascara, and something on my lips!

I think most of the ladies here would be able to do that in 10 min or less haha.
I also shower at night, so I just brush my hair and put a hair roller in my bangs that I embarrassingly wear all the way up to arriving at work.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I function really slowly in the mornings... it takes me about 20 minutes to just put on concealer, minimal eyeshadow, blush, mascara, and something on my lips!

I think most of the ladies here would be able to do that in 10 min or less haha.
I also shower at night, so I just brush my hair and put a hair roller in my bangs that I embarrassingly wear all the way up to arriving at work.

Are you Ramona Singer of RHONY? :lol: I saw her do that on the show once and thought it was kind of adorable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results