shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it really take to make a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poorboy

Rough_Rock
Out of curiousity, it seems that everyone I have spoken with says that it would take about 3 to 6 weeks to make a ring - which is fine. I realize that most of this is probably due to the fact that they have other rings, but I am curious to know how long it actually takes to make a ring (a simple ring) from start to finish (I am not asking about total hours, but rather total days - as I assume some days are wasted just leting the ring cool/set).

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
3-6 weeks sounds very reasonable. With Christmas fast approaching and Valentines soon after, the wait will get longer. My rather detailed custom ring took about 5-6 weeks from WF last Nov (in the busy season).

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The right masterpiece can take a lifetime. Die struck wedding bands take less than a second. For most rings in gold and platinum,, custom jewelers seem to quote 3 - 6 weeks with 2 weeks being a rush job and 10 weeks being a bit pokey.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine took 14 weeks.
38.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It depends. There are obsessive perfectionist craftsmen and there are fast food type craftsmen. Like any industry,
sometimes it takes a little longer to create a masterpiece. Great question, though.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Mine took 2 days I think... mind you it was made priority urgent as I was going back overseas. Plain simple hand made/custom from a design I chose elsewhere. Awesome job! I never imagined it would be possible to have my ring so quickly. It was 100% exactly what I wanted- I never even spoke a word with the jeweller who made it, as it was organised through my local jeweller who wouldn''t be able to get it done that quickly.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I would say that you are not in the market for a custom ring if there''s a immediate deadline.
Besides, if it''s really a simply setting that how come you can''t just buy a pre-made one? It would save you a lot of money, I really tried to avoid having a custom setting done for mine, but I had no choice, the stone was too large to set in any settings I liked and I wanted a lot of personalized detail.

My wax mold is still being made for my ring. She said two weeks for the primitive mold, and it ended up being one week.
Then the final mold she said would be another 2 weeks and so far it''s been three weeks and no word. I have no idea when my boyfriend plans on giving me the ring, but I feel with custom there shouldn''t be pressure to rush the jeweler.

So approx. 10 weeks for my three stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results