shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did it/has it/will it take for you to send ALL your thank you cards?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violet, um honey. Wanna do mine? I''d pay you. LOL.
Date: 7/22/2009 1:45:44 AM
Author: violet02

Date: 7/21/2009 12:46:04 PM
Author: cammy85
Emily Post says we have up to a year! We have about 7 more to write, all of them to address and we''re 4 months past our wedding. I really want to get them out, they''re like this looming thing and I feel like such a horrible person, but with a new house, renovations, etc, it''s been hard to find any time for anything other than that and sleeping.

That is my goal for this weekend though!
Don''t get me started!
3.gif

It''s not a year! In fact the latest issue of Inside Weddings has a bit by Anna Post the grandaughter of Emily Post who addresses the 1 year ''myth''. In fact she said the best policy is to send cards out as you get the gifts so you don''t forget! I think if you send a card within a couple of months that''s fine. I personally sent them out within 2 weeks or so of each gift but generally as soon as I could after receiving the gift. That''s just me though.

My friend sent out her thank you notes exactly 1 year to the day of the wedding, which was kind of weird, since a year had gone by and we were all wondering if they''d even gotten some of our gifits or not (my friends and I).

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 1:45:40 PM
Author: Gypsy

Emily Post says we have up to a year! We have about 7 more to write, all of them to address and we''re 4 months past our wedding. I really want to get them out, they''re like this looming thing and I feel like such a horrible person, but with a new house, renovations, etc, it''s been hard to find any time for anything other than that and sleeping.

Don''t get me started!
3.gif

It''s not a year! In fact the latest issue of Inside Weddings has a bit by Anna Post the grandaughter of Emily Post who addresses the 1 year ''myth''. In fact she said the best policy is to send cards out as you get the gifts so you don''t forget! I think if you send a card within a couple of months that''s fine. I personally sent them out within 2 weeks or so of each gift but generally as soon as I could after receiving the gift. That''s just me though.

My friend sent out her thank you notes exactly 1 year to the day of the wedding, which was kind of weird, since a year had gone by and we were all wondering if they''d even gotten some of our gifits or not (my friends and I).
Since I''m not working, SURE! lol
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was determined to get mine done asap after we returned from our honeymoon. I made myself sit down every night and I got them done in a week.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask a question? Do you double thank you card someone? What I mean is, if Person A gives you a shower gift, then gives you a monetary gift at the wedding. Do you give one card thanking for the shower gift and one for the wedding gift, or just one card thanking for everything? In my mind, I feel like it should be 2 because I SHOULD HAVE had shower gift thank you''s sent already, then another for their wedding gift, but....I''m not sure?! Would this be seen as over-kill, or just normal, or what??

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Newsboys, it''s correct to send two thank you cards, since you got two seperate gifts for two seperate occasions.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 6:09:25 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Can I ask a question? Do you double thank you card someone? What I mean is, if Person A gives you a shower gift, then gives you a monetary gift at the wedding. Do you give one card thanking for the shower gift and one for the wedding gift, or just one card thanking for everything? In my mind, I feel like it should be 2 because I SHOULD HAVE had shower gift thank you''s sent already, then another for their wedding gift, but....I''m not sure?! Would this be seen as over-kill, or just normal, or what??

If you were sending thank yous right after the shower and then after the wedding, presumably you''d send two thank you cards to the giver. If not, I''d just write one thank you card and thank the person for both gifts.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 7:20:38 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

Date: 7/23/2009 6:09:25 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777

If you were sending thank yous right after the shower and then after the wedding, presumably you''d send two thank you cards to the giver. If not, I''d just write one thank you card and thank the person for both gifts.
Ditto what Zoe said. I had two sets of thank you notes. I made a set for the shower and had a set already that I''d purchased for the wedding.

I guess if you don''t send out thank yous quickly then you can get them all into one!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 5:39:41 PM

Don''t get me started!
3.gif

3.gif
I''m taking you up on that. What are you doing this weekend? Or next weekend?

And yes, I''m dead serious. I need someone with me, I KNOW I need to be there. But man, I need help.

I promise I''ll write my thank you note to you myself though.
25.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 12:22:27 AM

Date: 7/23/2009 5:39:41 PM

Don''t get me started!
3.gif

3.gif
I''m taking you up on that. What are you doing this weekend? Or next weekend?

And yes, I''m dead serious. I need someone with me, I KNOW I need to be there. But man, I need help.

I promise I''ll write my thank you note to you myself though.
25.gif
Well I''m in San Diego this weekend and I may be rafting next weekedn but if not I''ll totally come help you! I''ll let you know if I''m in town!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re hoping that ours will arrive next week and we''ll try and get them out the week after. Absolutely dreading doing them.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
We sent out all our thank yous on our honeymoon. I realize this can''t be for everyone, but since the husband and I went on a road trip (4,000 miles in 2 1/2 weeks!) we had plenty of time to write post cards.

We went down Route 66, and got some really neat ones to send. So far the response has been very positive. We were also able to tell people who gave cash and a note to ''spend it on something fun" what we did with their gift, Like my aunt, I was able to say that we were able to rent bikes in Sedona because of her gift.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I''m not attacking anyone. Maybe I''m just really old fashioned, but it''s important for me to write all my thank you cards myself. I feel that if someone spent the time/effort/money to pick out a gift for me, the least I can do is write them a heartfelt thank you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve almost got mine done. I hope to finish them this weekend.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Works for me V.

Cali, I do totally agree with your point. It''s just not a reality for me after so many months. I will sit down this weekend and see how many more I can get through. And I don''t feel attacked at all.
21.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 1:16:34 PM
Um... I''m hiring a teenager to help me write mine. Seriously. I hate hand writing things and my husband, god love him, thinks that by printing out address labels he''s done his part. I offered one my co-worker''s teenagers 100 bucks for one day of note writing.

BTW. John feels we should send people ''thank you for attending'' cards, but I''m debating.

I have sent ANY OUT. I''ve gotten some written, but the steps of putting them in the envelopes, addressing them, then depositing them in the mail box... those are apparently beyond my abilites.

I''m terrible.
Gypsy, I''m in the same boat - thank god I did my parents friends before the whole court case started as since then every spare chunk of time has been spent on that...

I feel really bad about it...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We got married on Saturday and leave for our honeymoon on the 7th (next Friday). I was hoping to have the couples'' shower TY''s out by this Friday and the wedding TY''s out by next Thursday (6th). That was until I realized I left the TY cards at my parents home and they now have to be sent to me. So, my new time line is all the couples'' shower TY''s by next Thursday (Aug 6th) and then the wedding TY''s out no later than one week after the honeymoon. That wat people that attended both won''t receive two TY''s at one time.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 8:32:50 AM
Works for me V.

Cali, I do totally agree with your point. It''s just not a reality for me after so many months. I will sit down this weekend and see how many more I can get through. And I don''t feel attacked at all.
21.gif
Looks like I''ll be around this weekend! Just ping me and let me know when you''d like some help.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m buying stamps for my last three today and they''re going out right after that. It''s been about three weeks. I have about 4 more to do, but I''ve not received gifts from those people so I''m waiting.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
It took me FOREVER to get my photocard thank you notes printed. I was trying to save some money and I used the help of my graphic designer friend and my university''s printing department to get them made. Well the printing lady kept forgetting to print my job so I just got them last week. I wrote them all out this weekend and thanks to the stupid mistake I made in having them printed in A6 size I now have to pay extra to get envelopes online in a decent amount of time. Had I just gone with standard note size or A7 (even though that is huge) they would be out by now.

It has been over a month since our wedding so in the end I think it will be about 6 weeks total.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 1:36:54 PM
Author: Clairitek

It has been over a month since our wedding so in the end I think it will be about 6 weeks total.
Has it really already been a month since your wedding?!?! OMG!!!

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
We ordered wallet prints from our photographer to put in the thank-you cards. Those just came in the mail Friday--it''s been since June 13 and I haven''t written a single thank-you but I''m hoping to get them all out by this weekend (we had a small-ish wedding). I feel like it''s been a while but I''m hoping when people get the picture with the thank-you they will realize that''s why it took a little longer.
1.gif
My main worry is that I have a friend who got married after me, and I''m afraid her thank-you cards will be mailed before mine! LOL--I guess it wouldn''t matter that much anyway.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
For my shower thank yous, I finished them in a week and mailed them out right away. It wasn''t that many and my hubs was at his bachelor party the weekend of my shower so I was home by myself anyhow. They were easy to do in front of the t.v.

The wedding thank yous took me six months. Our wedding was in Sept. and we got our pictures in October (wanted to send a wallet with the thank yous). I wanted to get them out before Thanksgiving, but it just didn''t happen and then we were thrown into holiday season & first quarter of the year is hellish for me at work. So before I knew it, it was March and I still had them sitting there. So I did the rest in 2 days and sent them out. We had one person complain, but seriously - not my problem. I really don''t care WHEN people send thank you cards for weddings, as long as they send them! Sure it''s funny when you get a thank you 8-12 months after the wedding, but it''s also nice to remember the day after all the craziness has passed!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For the shower thank yous, I managed to get them done within a week and a half. Except for one, because she sent the gift. eep!

As for the wedding gifts, we sent out two batches, but according to the notepad, there''s still one and a half pages left. We got married in May, so it''s been 3 mos now. I think we can get these done this month, though.

Since we DIY''d the invites - we are DIY''ing the ty cards. Sometimes, I wish I wasn''t, because this is why the whole process is taking longer! I have to stamp a flower, the "thank you" stamp on the front, put embossing powder on it, then using the heating tool to get the raised effect. It looks cool, but it''s a slow process. I have typed out each TY message out on a computer, and DH is handwriting them onto the back of the cards. I then have to hand address each card. It''s also taken longer b/c we had to choose a wallet size photo, which was a gracious gift provided by our photographer.

Looking back, we should have sent the relatives'' out first, bc MIL asked DH if we were going to send out TY''s to the relatives out of state. I''m rather irked because A) it''s all DIY by us, which takes longer, and no one seems to get that, and B) I''m 31 frickin'' years old. I am not a kid. I know we have to send out TY''s. Stop treating me like I''m 5 and in need of a reminder. We''re trying to get these done asap, but we''re both lead really busy lives...

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
LOL, yeah, DH said that MIL had mentioned to him that a relative was asking her when we were going to do our thank-you-cards. It''s like, who ASKS about a thank-you card??

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I realized I had a day off yesterday and nothing to do, and our 6 month mark is coming up tomorrow. My goal was to have all 325 or so finished and sent out by 6 months. So I wrote 90 thank you cards yesterday (yes, 90 yesterday I don''t know how my arm didn''t fall off, but it sure feels like it will now!) and 13 today. So 103 in the last 24 hours.

I''m done. Finally. DONE.

Now I just need to schedule a doctor''s appointment to make sure I didn''t actually hurt my hand or arm because I can''t turn my wrist anymore
23.gif
40.gif
I realized since I use my computer so much I hardly WRITE anything anymore and that was just excessive writing in such a short period of time. BUT I''M DONE!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 6:18:37 PM
Author: Lilac

I''m done. Finally. DONE.
Nice! That''s a huge thing off your list!

Your wrist should be fine within the next few days
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH and I got them done a week or so after our honeymoon, but it took forever to truly finish because there were a couple that came back to us weeks later (friends moved over the summer, in one case we forgot to write a zipcode and then we messed up the zipcode), and then we had a few gifts trickle in for the next couple months. We were married in June and around Christmastime was the last wedding related thank-you we ever sent.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have 8 left! I''m going to finish them tonight. I''ve been writing about 10-20 a day for a week or so. I want to get them sent out by the 11th, which is our 1 month anniversary. My husband has quite a few left to send, but they''re to his relatives and friends so I''m not going to worry about it! Plus he''s better about just powering through stuff than I am, so I bet he''ll go and get them all done all in one night.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m doing my shower thank yous tonight I think, it was on july 18th so I think that''s pretty timely? I only have about 20 to do so nothin tooooooo bad :) I''ll do it while I''m watching the office!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I sent my shower TYs 1-3 days after.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results