shape
carat
color
clarity

How key is it to get all the specs/cert info, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

liminal

Rough_Rock
Doing basic searches on PS pulls up a lot of diamond results, which is great. However I've noticed that I have become obsessed with finding out all the info such as the crown/pavilion angles to plug into the cut advisor to see the results.

In my travels though, I have only found more in depth info (in order to plug them into the HCA) because it's they have the corresponding AGS certificates. I've emailed other vendors that come up on the PS searches but I am finding that a lot of them don't have sarin reports done. As a result, I'm kinda ruling them out.

So my question is... is this bad to do? How much can I rely on a GIA report with the gradings of good, very good, excellent, etc.? GIA certs seem to be all over the place but I keep looking for the AGS ones to get the full perspective.

Should I not be so regimented in finding out the missing numbers and just go with the ratings the websites give, or should I stick with the AGS certs?

Any insight would be helpful! I am so glad that I found this community because I've gone from knowing nothing about diamonds to knowing a helluva lot more than I ever thought I would.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
When you see one stone listed by several Vendors, the diamond was pulled from a "List". Much like a Multiple Listing service for selling houses, there's a Virtual data base that Vendors advertise in addition to any inventory they physically have in stock. Each Vendor takes the wholesaler's asking price, calculates in their cost and sets the price they will sell the diamond for. Some Vendors just Drop/Ship without actually seeing the diamond. Others will have the diamond shipped to them for professional evaluation prior to shipping to the customer. If the Vendor finds a problem with the diamond, they notify the buyer. Otherwise, you will get complete info such as Ideal Scope image, inclusion pics, Sarin, etc.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results