shape
carat
color
clarity

How is This 2.01ct CVD from Tianyu?

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
That looks good as well. Did you check the HCA? It should be under 2 or very close to it

Yeah it’s around 1.7 I believe. Them damn inclusions just make me worrisome!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it’s around 1.7 I believe. Them damn inclusions just make me worrisome!

On which stone? The newer one you posted? It's super unlikely you'll notice them IRL. They are incredibly small.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
On which stone? The newer one you posted? It's super unlikely you'll notice them IRL. They are incredibly small.

Yeah, but even any I look at for that matter. I guess I always assumed VS1/2 would have next to nothing

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, but even any I look at for that matter. I guess I always assumed VS1/2 would have next to nothing

It will have next to nothing. You are looking at a giant image. VS2 means "inclusions seen at 10x magnification".

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
It will have next to nothing. You are looking at a giant image. VS2 means "inclusions seen at 10x magnification".

So circling back around, how much different do you think the original Tianyu stone would differ from the most recent one I sent? Like, a side by side difference once in a platinum setting?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So circling back around, how much different do you think the original Tianyu stone would differ from the most recent one I sent? Like, a side by side difference once in a platinum setting?

I honestly can't say. But I know for sure if I was spending 4-5K I would want something with a solid return policy and numbers in the "safest" range since you won't be getting advanced images like ASET or IS that we recommend with natural diamonds. In the end it's completely up to you. If it weren't an engagement ring (e.g. if it were a right hand ring or a fun ring), then I'd probably say that the Tianyu one is good enough and not to worry and save money, or that you could ask Tianyu for a stone within a more ideal cut range. But I just think this is an important purchase that you want to get right.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
I honestly can't say. But I know for sure if I was spending 4-5K I would want something with a solid return policy and numbers in the "safest" range since you won't be getting advanced images like ASET or IS that we recommend with natural diamonds. In the end it's completely up to you. If it weren't an engagement ring (e.g. if it were a right hand ring or a fun ring), then I'd probably say that the Tianyu one is good enough and not to worry and save money, or that you could ask Tianyu for a stone within a more ideal cut range. But I just think this is an important purchase that you want to get right.

Thanks a ton for your help! Don’t hesitate to post if ya find any more stones!

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock

How’s this one? https://www.rarecarat.com/product/7...efd95-2a30-41ce-94b6-08d81dd51ee3&postalCode=

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
I REALLY like that one!!!!

Nothing looks off to you with it? Some of the ones around $6500 look better, but it might just be the lighting/camera angle and distance

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing looks off to you with it? Some of the ones around $6500 look better, but it might just be the lighting/camera angle and distance

what's an example of one you think looks better?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results