shape
carat
color
clarity

How important is a polite receptionist to you?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I hate rudeness in general. I am always polite even when I have to be firm with people. For instance I have to get firm with my wireless provider. I tell them the way I feel, but I am never rude. I hate it when I hear someone else be rude to someone in a work position lower than them. Like did anyone see that episode of Bridezillas where that one girl thought that she could talk to a door man however she pleased because she was wealthy and he was a doorman? That irks me to no end. Be as polite to the person at the drive through as you would be to your boss. You never know. I have had receptionists be rude. I tolerate their attitudes and then when I am with my doctor I mention that the receptionist seems to be having a bad day. There is no need to get into a fight with a receptionist in the middle of the waiting room. My thinking is that enough people have something to say about a receptionist than the issue she is having will be resolved or her employment will be.

Yesterday I went with my friend to pick out flowers for her wedding. Granted she isnt doing a whole bunch of flowers. It is a very simple wedding and all the brides maid are holding 3 Cala Lillies(sp?), she is holding 6. They will be tied with a black ribon bow. We went into a florist in out area that is supposed to be a great florist and were floored at the service. The girl running it was wearing tattered workout clothing, couldnt give us a price and nearly refused to write up the order. I couldnt believe it! We literally told her to get a pen and paper and write down what we wanted. I would want my employees to give off the impression that we want the business, not that we cant be bothered to take your order and not care about a professional appearance. Now this girl was not rude in the things that she said, but I think her lack of professionalism was rude.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Who cares about the receptionist? Will she be treating you?

Now if the Dr. is a PITA, go elsewhere.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Jas-I really can''t believe that lady. What a bitch! I seriously wouldn''t have apologize to her! But I know that us polite and respectful people have a heart and deep down inside we feel bad and apologize on impulse.

I hate working with rude and disrespectful people. I have even worked with racist people. I had one directly say to me, "They SHOULD all go back to where they came from!" Meaning that illegal immigrants should go back to their country. I am hispanic and hearing that I just laughed and said nothing. Of course nothing is done to correct this behaviour. It''s annoying and downright rude and disrespectful to hear this. This lady also completely ignores me and on xmas she gave everyone a little something and excluded me, like I expected something. Once she even brought her granddaughter and completely bypassed my friend and I and went to kiss ass and introduce her granddaughter to someone else. I think it''s very funny. I find it comical at times that ignorant people like this exist. Life is to short for bs like this.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I don`t like rudeness, but I would probably just shrug it off.. depending on the nature.. It does somewhat reflect on the dr. though because I assume they`re aware to some degree how the receptionist is interacting with patients (or they probably should be)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am old school: yes, the rude receptionist represents the environment in which i am entering and thus reflects on the dr. if seeing this particular dr is a necessity, i''d discuss the issue with him/her; otherwise, i''d find another dr.

mz

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it depends on the level of politeness/rudeness. I don''t need someone to be super friendly, but I do want him/her to be competent and not openly rude.

The receptionist at our pediatrician''s office is a little brusque, but she''s not rude, and I realize she''s dealing with a very busy practice. We love the doctors (and get the weird nurse rarely enough) so it''s not a big deal.

I did switch to a new OB for baby #2 purely because of the receptionist in my previous OB''s practice. I loved the original OB, but all during my pregnancy with #1 I hated dealing with the rude receptionist.

I also seriously considered leaving the pediatric practice we used in the town where we used to live. In that case, it was staff rudeness compounded by practice policies that made parents feel as if we were annoying them by our mere existence. Happily, just as I was mustering the energy to deal with finding a new practice and switching the kids'' records, I got a new job and we moved to a new city. Despite paying for the records transfer and filling out all of the required forms, however, they never did send our current practice a full set of my kids'' records. I hated that practice so much.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have reached a point where I don''t want to put up with anyone rude - the receptionist or the doctor. I will just find a new one.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Staff is a direct impression of management. If a physician lets a receptionist get away with being rude to his "income stream" his judement is skewed. As I consumer, I demand alot when I am paying to services. While I understand everyone has their bad days, lack of a smile and helpful demeanor are non negotiables.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results