shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Might become a Four Shoe Bride

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I initially ordered a pair of Christian Louboutin''s from Bluefly because I loved the way the bow (I felt) went with my dress and I really wanted blue shoes.

Well, when they came, I just wasn''t sure. They were absolutely beautiful shoes, but so terribly uncomfortable. Plus, when I showed them to my FI, he hated them. He didn''t like the red soles (um, I obviously don''t love him for his fashion sense) and said that with blue shoes, red soles, and a white dress, he was afraid I would look like Captain America. I don''t usually listen to him when it comes to fashion, but given that they were uncomfortable and it is for our wedding, it did concern me.

Fast forward to two days after the CLs came in, I went shopping with a friend and fell head-over-heels in love with the Kate Spade Keeden. The store I was at didn''t have a cobalt pair in my size, but the sales associate found me the last cobalt pair in the whole company (which happened to be in my size) and had them shipped to my house. They came today and they don''t really fit. Even though I tried on a black pair at the store in this size that did fit, the ones that came to my house today are about a 1/2 size too big.

I am going to post a bunch of pics, and please be honest. I don''t want to look like a little girl playing dressup, so if they look bad, I will have to return them. There is also a 0% chance of exchanging them for a smaller size. I talked to my SA at Kate Spade tonight. There is already a considerable wait list for the shoe, and if I returned mine it doesn''t get me anywhere higher on the list.

Here they are with my toes pushed as far up as they go (so, worst case scenario):

kat.keeden.too.big.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Now, here is more how I would really wear them (it was uncomfortable with my toes pushed as forward as they were in the first pic):

kat.keeden.side.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another from the side:

kat.keeden.on.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And to gauge their general awesomeness:

kat.keeden.off.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
From my perspective:

kat.keeden.head.on.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And, against my dress:

kat.keeden.against.dress.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I do have one other option (already in house), which were the flats I ordered to wear with my reception dress. However, without the CLs, I am not sure I would wear them (because I liked the way they worked together).

kat.flats.off.JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I like the katie spades they are really pretty
30.gif
as for them being slighlty too big I would just get some heel grips and maybe some inserts - problem solved :D.

The flats are really cute as well
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size do you wear?

I got the Kate Spades Keeden in cobalt (I must have been super lucky too, because of sugarjo''s super sleuthing, I managed to get them while they were still on the website) in the mail just the other day, and I think they are gorgeous. So I''d say fill in with foot pads (ball of the foot, heels, etc) and try to wear those--IF you feel comfortable wearing them.

What about getting the Clarice dyed whatever color you want?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I think they look super cute on you!!!

p.s. I wouldn''t worry about being a four shoe bride. I''m fairly certain Freke is about an eight shoe bride. Or is it nine now?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
29.gif

1. Stuart Weitzmans
2. Cynthia Rowley
3. J. Crew
4. Kate Spade
5. TBD
6. TBD
7. TBD
8. TBD
9. TBD
10. TBD

I need to count my shoes, because I''m sure I could find at least one more pair that could be a contender! (Maybe my Steve Madden T-straps? They''re cobalt blue satin...)

I really should just get married in my avatar shoes...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
And which were your DIY project??? I hope you counted those.

See katamari, there are people with FAR more shoes than you! Don''t feel bad!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The DIY are the Stuarts. They are the ceremony shoes. The Cynthia Rowleys are my "traipsing around Vegas" shoes.

(And, if I confess, a little bit of an homage to Elvis, since they are...blue suede shoes.)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so we''ve established that you already have FOUR pairs of wedding shoes. Now, how many months has it been since you got engaged? About four or so? And how many months til you get married? Eight? At your current rate of acquisition you''ll have twelve pairs of wedding shoes by the time your wedding actually rolls around.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh crap. I am getting married in...just over 9 months. CA-RAZY.

I will NOT have 12 pairs of shoes by the time we get married. That is one thing I can promise you.

And it''ll be 4 months on the 19th.
3.gif

I think my math is messed up somewhere...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Kate Spades are GORGEOUS and go really well with your dress. If you can wear them with inserts/pads, they would look perfect.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Kat, that totally sucks about the CL''s ''cause they''re freaking gorgeous! They remind me of Meresal''s super sexy pair which I
30.gif
Having said that, I really, really like the Kate Spades - the blue''s a gorgeous hue and I think they look awesome on! I would do what the other ladies have suggested and use a bunch of different inserts.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think those Kate Spades are my most favorite pair of blue shoes EVER. I have lusted after them since the first time Sugarjo posted on Freke''s thread. I can''t even tell you how envious I am of the fact that you get to wear them for your wedding!

I would buy a plethora of foot pads and see if you can make them more secure. It looks like you certainly have some space to put in some pads and I feel like that will only make them more comfortable.

BTW- Where did you get those flats? I love them! I would keep those as well for your reception dress or just keep rocking those Kate Spades. They are just too divine to take off!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I am biased as that CL and KS are two of my shortlisted candidates after seeing it in Freke''s thread!! I''ve been looking at more affordable alternatives, basically shoes with some folds pattern, to go with my dress!

The KS is gorgeous but you have to be able to walk comfortably in them. Try out the various inserts and walk it out. Let us know how it turns out.

It''s very pretty on you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that they''re gorgeous. They should be fine with some heel grips. Love them.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would stuff some heel and foot pads in them because they are HOT!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:22:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
What size do you wear?

I got the Kate Spades Keeden in cobalt (I must have been super lucky too, because of sugarjo''s super sleuthing, I managed to get them while they were still on the website) in the mail just the other day, and I think they are gorgeous. So I''d say fill in with foot pads (ball of the foot, heels, etc) and try to wear those--IF you feel comfortable wearing them.

What about getting the Clarice dyed whatever color you want?

WAIT!?! The Clarice are dyeable? This might be a very real possibility (but I would have to NOT tell FI that I am buying yet another pair of really expensive shoes).

AND, WAIT, again!?! I didn''t know you got the Keeden''s! I totally remember when sugarjo posted them on your blue shoes thread, but I didn''t know you got them! Yay! Where are the pics, huh?
2.gif

I am a size 9/39 dress and a 9.5/40 athletic. Except for in cobalt Kate Spade Keedens, where I apparently wear an 8.5.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:32:06 AM
Author: EricaR
And which were your DIY project??? I hope you counted those.

See katamari, there are people with FAR more shoes than you! Don''t feel bad!
31.gif

Hehe! I know Freke will end up with more shoes than me (since she and meresal are the driving force behind my curre shoe addition), I just hope I have a pair that is on par with how awesome hers are!
1.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:01:55 AM
Author: Deelight
I like the katie spades they are really pretty
30.gif
as for them being slighlty too big I would just get some heel grips and maybe some inserts - problem solved :D.

The flats are really cute as well
36.gif

Thanks, Dee! I am going to buy some inserts and pads tomorrow after school/work. I hope they work!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 3:29:48 AM
Author: Kim N
The Kate Spades are GORGEOUS and go really well with your dress. If you can wear them with inserts/pads, they would look perfect.

Thanks, Kim! I do love the way the bold color contrasts with my dress.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely keep them! They''re awesome and with padding at the ball of the foot and possibly the heel I bet they''ll be fine. (And more comfortable, too!) I love those shoes...if they wouldn''t clash horribly with my dress I would have bought them, too!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:47:05 AM
Author: pocahontas
Kat, that totally sucks about the CL''s ''cause they''re freaking gorgeous! They remind me of Meresal''s super sexy pair which I
30.gif
Having said that, I really, really like the Kate Spades - the blue''s a gorgeous hue and I think they look awesome on! I would do what the other ladies have suggested and use a bunch of different inserts.

It does suck! I know no one wants to hear anyone complain about CL''s, but I really wanted them to be the shoe! I like Meresal''s better, but these are the previous year''s model, so I got them on Bluefly a little cheaper. I still haven''t been able to return them, even though they are packed up and ready to go, because they are so gorgeous.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:54:27 AM
Author: Clairitek
I think those Kate Spades are my most favorite pair of blue shoes EVER. I have lusted after them since the first time Sugarjo posted on Freke''s thread. I can''t even tell you how envious I am of the fact that you get to wear them for your wedding!

I would buy a plethora of foot pads and see if you can make them more secure. It looks like you certainly have some space to put in some pads and I feel like that will only make them more comfortable.

BTW- Where did you get those flats? I love them! I would keep those as well for your reception dress or just keep rocking those Kate Spades. They are just too divine to take off!

Thanks, Clairitek! More comfortable is always a bonus in pumps!
36.gif

I love the flats, too! I even ordered them in gold, too! I got them off Amazon pretty cheap, but they have a bigger selection of sizes and colors on the ras website. They make some really cute casual shoes.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:15:12 PM
Author: GoodSoul
I am biased as that CL and KS are two of my shortlisted candidates after seeing it in Freke''s thread!! I''ve been looking at more affordable alternatives, basically shoes with some folds pattern, to go with my dress!

The KS is gorgeous but you have to be able to walk comfortably in them. Try out the various inserts and walk it out. Let us know how it turns out.

It''s very pretty on you!

Thank you so much, Goodsoul! What other shoes are you thinking about? I cannot wait to see what you pick!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results