shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Might become a Four Shoe Bride

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:48:24 PM
Author: bee*
I think that they''re gorgeous. They should be fine with some heel grips. Love them.

Thanks, bee!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:22:48 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
I would stuff some heel and foot pads in them because they are HOT!

Thanks, redfaery!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:39:46 PM
Author: thing2of2
I would definitely keep them! They''re awesome and with padding at the ball of the foot and possibly the heel I bet they''ll be fine. (And more comfortable, too!) I love those shoes...if they wouldn''t clash horribly with my dress I would have bought them, too!

Thanks, thing! What shoes are you wearing? Have you decided yet? Bold blue probably wouldn''t be best with the hue of pink your dress is, but you could do a great gold or pastel shoe. I am totally jealous of your hemline because everyone will get to see what amazing shoes you pick!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:34:07 PM
Author: katamari
Date: 4/2/2009 2:22:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
What size do you wear?

I got the Kate Spades Keeden in cobalt (I must have been super lucky too, because of sugarjo's super sleuthing, I managed to get them while they were still on the website) in the mail just the other day, and I think they are gorgeous. So I'd say fill in with foot pads (ball of the foot, heels, etc) and try to wear those--IF you feel comfortable wearing them.

What about getting the Clarice dyed whatever color you want?
WAIT!?! The Clarice are dyeable? This might be a very real possibility (but I would have to NOT tell FI that I am buying yet another pair of really expensive shoes).

AND, WAIT, again!?! I didn't know you got the Keeden's! I totally remember when sugarjo posted them on your blue shoes thread, but I didn't know you got them! Yay! Where are the pics, huh?
2.gif

I am a size 9/39 dress and a 9.5/40 athletic. Except for in cobalt Kate Spade Keedens, where I apparently wear an 8.5.
Yeah, according to myglassslipper.com they are. They were my first choice. I think they only come in white on MGS. If I remember correctly they won't come in for a couple of months. I can't remember when your wedding is again. So if that doesn't work, I think the Keeden is perfect.

I got them. I ordered them when sugarjo posted that they were for sale again---I think it was a couple weeks ago? Dang good thing I did seeing as how they sold out almost immediately! I haven't taken pics yet. And I don't know that I will--at least anything besides my normal shoe pic taking.

Have you looked on ebay?

ETA: Not my first choice--Keeden was my first choice, but when I couldn't find them, Clarice became the first choice, but I'd have to dye them...so that would make them even more expensive...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! They come in stock in July! I have until September, so this just might be an option! I generally love peep toes (makes me feel like I am getting my money''s worth for all that I spend on pedicures.). I have looked on ebay. None yet, but seeing as how they just sold out, it might take a week or two to pop up on ebay.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!That would be awesome if you got the Clarice! I have to admit, I''d love the Keeden more if it was a peep toe.

:::hides head in shame:::

But that''s just because it''s my favorite style of shoe!

Can you preorder the Clarice? and return the Keeden?

What are you leaning towards?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
AGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Sorry.

Katamari, I think those shoes (Keeden) are BEAUTIFUL. So much so that I wanted them for myself.

But I, too, prefer a peep-toe. And I'm thinking I need an ivory shoe for my wedding. So I looked up this "Clarice." And It's perfect. Everything I wanted in a wedding shoe. But not available until July, a month after my wedding.
39.gif

But I think you should try to get them so I can live vicariously through you (because we wear the same shoe size, too!).
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
katamari Who are those flats your wearing by? I adore them :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 7:08:50 AM
Author: TheBigT
AGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Sorry.

Katamari, I think those shoes (Keeden) are BEAUTIFUL. So much so that I wanted them for myself.

But I, too, prefer a peep-toe. And I''m thinking I need an ivory shoe for my wedding. So I looked up this ''Clarice.'' And It''s perfect. Everything I wanted in a wedding shoe. But not available until July, a month after my wedding.
39.gif

But I think you should try to get them so I can live vicariously through you (because we wear the same shoe size, too!).
9.gif
What if you could get a pair before? Have you asked them? You guys have bigger feet...maybe they could get more in early?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
i''d also see if the heal cups work. they do in the pics.. look a little large... hmmm...

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I love the Kate Spades!! The color is gorgeous - so deep and beautiful! I think the way you''re wearing them normally looks fine. And the suggestions about grips/pads sounds like it''d seal the deal!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love those blue shoes. This is probably blashemy, but I like the KS better than the CLs (it''s a much prettier blue IMHO). I think you could definitely make them work with inserts, and that might even make them more comfy.

I also wanted to say that I wouldn''t necessarily count on shoes from My Glass Slipper arriving when the website says that they will. That store is actually located near my hometown, and I got my shoes from there and lots of my friends have gotten shoes from there as well. It''s a great store with amazing selection, but sometimes orders don''t come in on time. For instance, I ordered a pair of SWs from there that arrived several months after they were scheduled to arrive (luckily sstill in time for my wedding). Apparently, they have a lot of shoes specially made for them - my SWs were a pair made just for them and not available at SW stores - and so they are dependent on when the factory can get to the order, which would be after they get to the orders for the designers main line. It may turn out to be fine, but I;d hate for you to return those gorgeous blue shoes and then not be able to get the others in time for your wedding.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So....the obvious answer is to keep the Keedens and look into the Clarice!
31.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I was out getting a glass of wine at a hotel lounge in Newport, RI tonight and there was some fraternity formal going on in one of the ballrooms and I saw this girl along in gorgeous TO DIE FOR pink Kate Spade Keedens!!

My heart literally skipped a beat! Too bad the shoes were wasted paired with some cheap and sorta slutty dress.
38.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Clairitek. Any chance that she is still passed out in the hotel somewhere? If she left her shoes behind, they become fair game. Maybe I am the only girl who used to do this, but I was notorious in college for leaving my shoes behind somewhere on party nights because they became too uncomfortable.

NovemberBride it is SO, SO, SO good to hear this about My Glass Slipper. I had called my SA again at Kate Spade (per Freke's suggestion) to see if they were rereleasing the Clarice this summer (she is a BIW, too, so she doesn't mind talking wedding footwear with me) and she said that they wouldn't know this far in advance and but that, in her opinion, it would be unlikely. Plus, I just love the color of the Keedens SO much (like you said) and I am worried that it couldn't be recreated with dyeing. The way it is so deep that it looks purple until it hits the light. . .
30.gif

BigT, so we are the same size, huh?
31.gif
Maybe we should arrange a shoe swap! Any chance that you want to wear a pink shoe? The Clarice are in stock in pink and are amazing! In fact, I almost ordered them, too just because (and if I hadn't been spending so much on wedding stuff recently, I so would have). I also am in love with the Stuart Weitzman Pomposo. Not quite as perfect as the Clarice, but similar and the half d'orsay makes them sexy as all get out.

Dee The flats are by Ras. You can find them in their e-store under "Summer". I got them on Amazon here for a little cheaper than they were on the Ras site. I liked them so much I got a pair in the teal and in gold!

Freke, I just might have to order in the Clarice, too. Since they are white satin, I could dye them in any color. . .

tlh I am trying the pads and heel grips today. We will see what happens. (cross your fingers)

Thanks, lovethemstawberries. I love the color, too. Just amazing.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :) off to check them out now :D

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:49:30 PM
Author: katamari

BigT, so we are the same size, huh?
31.gif
Maybe we should arrange a shoe swap! Any chance that you want to wear a pink shoe? The Clarice are in stock in pink and are amazing! In fact, I almost ordered them, too just because (and if I hadn''t been spending so much on wedding stuff recently, I so would have). I also am in love with the Stuart Weitzman Pomposo. Not quite as perfect as the Clarice, but similar and the half d''orsay makes them sexy as all get out.

Sorry, Katmari, I don''t think pink shoes are in the cards for me.
2.gif
But I did do a little Bergdorf''s shopping trip this weekend, and I bought my wedding shoes -- which are way more traditional than I would''ve thought: white. Hmm. But fab, if I do say so myself.

So...which shoes are you actually going to wear, and when? I''m having trouble keeping track!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 9:10:20 PM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 4/4/2009 1:49:30 PM

So...which shoes are you actually going to wear, and when? I''m having trouble keeping track!

That is the burning question because I still don''t fully know, but the current plan is to wear the KSs for the ceremony abroad and the Ras flats for the at home reception. Too many shoes is never a bad thing. . .

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they work with the pads and heel grips?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 7:53:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do they work with the pads and heel grips?

Yes! The pads made a world of difference! And the heel grips keep my foot in place perfectly. I was quite impressed. It actually made me have hope that I could make the CLs comfortable, but I doubt I could squeeze my foot in there if there was extra padding.

So what Nicole Miller dress did you get? I saw your post on Clairitek''s thread.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!

And I got this one:

Nicole miller aqua dress.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results