shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Found My Ruckus Pearls

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, those keshi earrings are TDF! LOVE them, they're so sweet and pretty, yet so WOW at the same time! brilliant!

and of course, that ROPE! what more can be said? can't wait to see IRL shots...!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1410408264|3748840 said:
FlyGirl these were meant to be your pearls. I remember seeing them in the PP driveway and OMG they were perfection then and now with that clasp :naughty: don't know what you are going to do for a pearl encore :dance: Love your new strand.
Ah, thank you, and thank you for being there 4Ranch Girl. Having your approval means a lot.

CRDKeshi said:
Congratulations ... that is the MOST beautiful strand of Tahitians ... and perfect clasp/bracelet combo ... you'll be stunning at your son's wedding!
Thank you, and thank you for coming by when I was working away sorting pearls in the vault. I think that these are going to be a couple of pretty nice pieces.

icy_jade said:
Fly Girl: Thanks for your delightful account of the ruckus and gorgeous eye candy. You scored some great pearls!! Can't wait to see how you will set your SoC pearl n mabes next. Is that one of the rare cranberry ones btw?

Also now I understand why you are Fly Girl. My gosh you really can fly! :appl: :D
Thank you, icy. I feel pretty fortunate to have been where I was to snag these pearls. I think that any brightly colored Sea of Cortez pearl is rare, but I don't think that either of mine would be called cranberry.

NacreLover said:
Flygirl, I am enjoying seeing your items on their journey to final phase. Those multi color Tahitian strands we helped you select out in the diffused light in the alley are some of the most beautiful Tahitians I have EVER seen. I have been anxious to see them done and on you as a set and used together as a rope. Those round pearl with spectacular range of colors are so exceptional, I don't know how you will take them off. They are my favorite items in your pearl collection which is saying a lot since it contains a collection of exceptional pearls. I am so thrilled for you.

Thank you, NL. I remember trying to compare them to the Tahitian sale strands, and you just kept pointing to these. It made the decision pretty easy. :D

juliebeth said:
FlyGirl, those keshi earrings are TDF! LOVE them, they're so sweet and pretty, yet so WOW at the same time! brilliant!

and of course, that ROPE! what more can be said? can't wait to see IRL shots...!

Thank you, juliebeth. I wore the keshi earrings again today. I think those little white keshi pearls have the nicest glow and are just the prettiest little white pearls.

As for the ROPE, I got the glamour shots today after the final stringing by Hisano.

necklace30sep_12_2014_4_lh.jpg

necklaceulsep_12_2014_4_lh.jpg

necklacebottomsep_12_2014_4_lh.jpg

braceletclosesep_12_2014_3_copylh.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
O to the M to the G. Fantastic! A regal addition to your spectacular collection.

I can hardly wait for neck shots! And those clasps in yellow gold are to die for.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Fly Girl....Absolutely stunning!! :love: :appl: :twirl: :clap:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410582715|3750181 said:
O to the M to the G. Fantastic! A regal addition to your spectacular collection.

I can hardly wait for neck shots! And those clasps in yellow gold are to die for.
Thanks, bsomlo. They all have great overtones, but the little star of the strand is pretty evident even in the photos. The fifth pearl from the bracelet clasp up on the right side meets my definition of INTENSE GREEN overtones. :naughty:

Thank you, PiscesPearls. :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yes! It makes my mouth water, literally.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Wow, those are absolutely amazing! The clasps are a beautiful complement to the pearls.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, I am speechless!!! Those are, and were in the vault, the most beautiful Tahitian pearls I've ever seen. I felt very lucky to be able to watch over your shoulder for a bit; I was so hoping I didn't "bug" you too much :) I loved that you took the time to explain what you were doing ... and the results are just over the moon beautiful ... Congratulations!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl You are going to be beautiul at your sons wedding in these pearls. The memories of how you picked them in an alley and then setting in the vault with a tray of pearls matching a bracelet. Those also are pinch me moments. Special pearls with special stories. Congratulations :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Your rope and bracelet are fantastic! I think you have all of us drooling!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, Fly Girl- that is just gorgeous!!!! Absolutely spectacular tahitians!!!! :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
To die for, :o OMG that color and the clasps, stunning! :o

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
:o Flygirl, Love Love. Are all the pearls 10 mm to 11 mm gorgeous?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, bsomlo, krissy7, CRDKeshi, 4Ranch Girl, pkinnew, pinkjewel, and Frost Me.

I picked up the package from Fed Ex tonight on my way home, and the light isn't the best, and the pearls are soooo reflective that the photos aren't nearly as good as what I see. I'll keep taking photos, I promise. :!:

ruckus_8910.jpg

ruckus_8921.jpg

ruckus_8928.jpg

ruckus_8917.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1410914721|3752225 said:
:o Flygirl, Love Love. Are all the pearls 10 mm to 11 mm gorgeous?
Frost Me - As I was sorting the pearls, I think the diameters ranged from 7mm up to just over 11mm. I asked Hisano to arrange them from large to small several times over the length of the strand, so the larger pearls are not all in one region.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fly Girl -- I am so happy for you! I know you'll post lots more photos for us in the days to come.

What's your first impression?!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410921787|3752278 said:
Oh, Fly Girl -- I am so happy for you! I know you'll post lots more photos for us in the days to come.

What's your first impression?!!!

My first impression is that these are really, really pretty pearls. They simply glow with color. I also think that the necklace length is going to fill a nice niche in my collection. I love, love, love necklaces that I can just sling over my head and go. The clasps are absolutely gorgeous in person. Still, I think that these are pearls that I am going to wear a lot. Maybe it is the multi-color that does it, but as beautiful as they are, they still seem to be very wearable. Not overly precious and fussy, if you know what I mean.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I like a little mix in pearl mm's vs. a true graduation for the ropes, the smaller pearls appear at the bracelet clasps. The clasp is is the best looking I have every seen it is so balanced and finishes the pearls. I wish it was offered without the diamonds for budget reasons, but I want the diamonds! Fly Girl, so blessed are you and others, to have been able to attend the Ruckus in 2014. I know your are over-the-top about these beauties.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Frost Me. Yes, I was so excited the thrilled to attend the ruckus. And, I opened the purse strings because I knew these beauties would not come my way otherwise.

Today's attempt to get a good shot. I'll keep trying. You can see my camera, my fingers, and pretty much the entire background in the tiny orbs. :sun:

ruckustahitians0140917_182650.jpg

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning, shimmery pools of silkiness bet it feels heavenly to wear

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, your new rope and bracelet are amazing -- you will have a hard time topping this one! I love the color and luster of those glowing orbs, which are complemented so well by the gorgeous clasps. :lickout: :love: I really like the way you had the pearls graduated so that you can turn the necklace any direction and have it look "right." I have the feeling you will wear these a lot.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wore my round multicolor Tahitians today for the first time in the lariat style with my Kamoka drop attached. I'm still waiting for great lighting, but here is what I got today. This is the best neck shot out of several dozen. :| So, the rest of the shots are close ups laying on my white hat. I'm trying to show you how Hisano matched the pearls from side to side. I'm just amazed at what she was able to do, given that she had a fixed set of pearls to work with. :o :)) The layout is so pleasing to the eye. :clap: :dance:

rope_9144.jpg

rope_9161.jpg

rope_9162.jpg

rope_9163.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments, Gemzy and Kay.

I also wore my matching multicolor Tahitian bracelet today.

bracelet_9166.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Man, those are beautiful pearls! Thanks for showing us how she matched them up. How did you like wearing it lariat style?

Wear it every style in good health!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Your rope is fantastic and Hisano did an excellent job matching those pearls. Amazing!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, I would love to see and hear about that Kamoka drop, I may have missed a prior post some where. It looks like the equestrian clasp also? I would love to see the setting and pearl up close, pictures please when you can!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Have I mentioned I LOVE your new strand worn as a Lariat with the big drop at the end? I remember you telling me it was a goal to wear like this ... and you've succeeded brilliantly :appl: :appl: :appl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular and you wear them well!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow that set is amazing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1427678133|3854297 said:
Wow that set is amazing.
Thank you, pregcurious. In fact, I wear the multicolor round Tahitian bracelet nearly every day. It is a combination of loving to look at the beautiful pearls, the fact that the colors seem to go with everything, but most of all, for the very easy to use clasp. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results