shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Found My Ruckus Pearls

Discussion in 'Pearls' started by Fly Girl, Aug 2, 2014.

1. pregcurious
    Ideal_Rock

by pregcurious » Mar 29, 2015
    That's great to hear! I just bought a strand of multi ovals, and I don't know what to expect in terms of wearability because I usually don't wear jewelry, and never necklaces. I'm glad you find they match with everything.

I also saw that you set your SoC mabe pearls over on the other forum. Congrats!

2. 4Ranch Girl
    Brilliant_Rock

by 4Ranch Girl » Mar 29, 2015
    It is wonderful to see this tread pop up to the top again. I was just at PP and was talking to Jeremy and Hisano on Friday about this very strand. It happens to be one of a small list of my favorites from last summer. It is so great to relive that adventure with you.

3. Fly Girl
    Ideal_Rock

by Fly Girl » Mar 30, 2015
    Thank you, pregcurious.

Now that you have brought this thread up again, I think it is an excellent place to add photos of my finished SoC mabes. :wink2:

The SoC mabes have been set in 18 kt yellow gold at T Lee Fine Designer Jewelry in Minneapolis. I added lavender sapphires to the pendant setting and the earrings use rectangular hot pink spinels that I have been holding onto for several years in hopes that the right project would come along. The set coordinates with the round pistachio "Elevation" ring that I had set at the same shop in rose gold and lavender sapphires a few months ago.

c_0375.jpg

c_0357.jpg

c_0348.jpg

c_0342.jpg

4. Fly Girl
    Ideal_Rock

by Fly Girl » Mar 30, 2015
    And, now for the SoC earrings, which I picked up just a few days ago.

Designed by Soren at T Lee and completely hand-made by artists in the shop. I was told that they were excited that they had to fabricate the custom settings for the spinel. Due to the unusual shape of the stones (not round!) they were unable to purchase premade settings. I asked that the earrings be kept as light as possible, hence the simple wire around the edge and no metal backing.

The earrings have been adjusted for each ear to hang facing forward. So, the blue earring will always be on the right, and the pink earring on the left.

c2_0390.jpg

c2_0396.jpg

c2_0383.jpg

c3_0406.jpg

5. ennui
    Brilliant_Rock

by ennui » Mar 30, 2015
    Fly Girl, those SoC mabes are so, so pretty. The colors are rich-looking. I like the setting for the pendant, it looks exotic and unusual. Enjoy, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of compliments and questions!

6. cmd2014
    Ideal_Rock

by cmd2014 » Mar 30, 2015
    Those turned out beautifully! Just gorgeous! I love that both the pearls and the settings are so unusual. It's such high quality workmanship too...the backs are just as beautifully finished as the front. I hope you get a lot of joy out of wearing them!

7. CRDKeshi
    Shiny_Rock

by CRDKeshi » Mar 30, 2015
    Fly Girl, has Douglas seen these lovely mabes yet? They get more beautiful each time I look at them :)

8. Pirard
    Brilliant_Rock

by Pirard » Mar 31, 2015
    Those are shut up gorgeous! I am particularly swooning over the earrings. Were they a custom setting? And what stones are those? Spectacular set of mabes!!!! ETA: I see that they are custom and the stones are spinels. Wonderful!!!

9. HHPmom
    Brilliant_Rock

by HHPmom » Jul 4, 2015
    Hi Red,
    It's great for see the final products. This set turned out exquisite. I especially love the pendant design.

c2_0.jpg

10. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jul 4, 2015
    Those drops are very pretty. What type of adhesive is used to get the earring posts to stay firmly attached to the pearl.

11. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jul 4, 2015
    Such beautiful colors! The colored stone is a nice touch.

12. Fly Girl
    Ideal_Rock

by Fly Girl » Jul 5, 2015
    Thank you, innerkitten. The question about adhesives would best be answered by someone at PP.

13. Fly Girl
    Ideal_Rock

by Fly Girl » Jul 5, 2015
    Thank you, innerkitten.

14. Kay
    Ideal_Rock

by Kay » Jul 5, 2015
    The rainbow colors in your SOC mabes are so gorgeous, and T Lee created such beautiful and unique settings to showcase them. The spinels and sapphires are wonderful accents for the colorful pearls. :love: