shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Found My Ruckus Pearls

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so nice meeting you and seeing your pearls in person! I think my favorites were the ring in your avatar and your Katsumi bracelet from Sarah! And I'm pleased to say I got a peek at your Tahitian rope outside of PP and then the bracelet you were putting together inside the vault. I can't wait to see these completed projects!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Fly Girl for sharing your adventure with us :wavey: Your new round Tahitians are gorgeous and oh my all of those lovely SoC and Kamokas too! I love the little h keshis too! Fabulous choices! Congrats and enjoy!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am utterly charmed by your story and descriptions. OH and of COURSE, the pearls! :love:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1407181325|3725940 said:
HI:

I am utterly charmed by your story and descriptions. OH and of COURSE, the pearls! :love:

cheers--Sharon

I am seconding Sharon's comments. You have a lovely way of telling a story that grabs one's attention and brings us on an enjoyable journey the whole way through. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your gorgeous pearls! :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I love your Ruckus story! I've written down your lessons on pearl buying for a future Ruckus! And you sure did score some incredible pearls - multi-color tahitians, SOCs, Kamokas, etc. I look forward to seeing the end results and lots of pictures!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Your new Ruckus pearls and your story are very beautiful ... it was a great pleasure to meet you :)

mapo

Shiny_Rock
thanks for such a great story and advice!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FlyGirl, took me some time to go through your posts and photos. Loved every minute reading it. Thanks for such detailed descriptions and photos. Enjoy your new lovelies :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you enjoyed my little story, baby nurse, LitGeek, canuk-gal, missy, pkinnew, CRDKeshi, mapo, and baby monster.

I picked up my Kamoka ring that I purchased at the ruckus from being sized today. I find the intense green and the cherry halo enchanting.

I've visited a local designer twice about my Sea of Cortez. The first time I only had the two pearls, but today I brought along the mabes as well. I find myself drawn to this pearl pendant set in red gold with one tiny diamond. I'll let the designer design and see what happens.

In the meantime, conversations continue with Hisano about the design of the mixed Tahitians.

todaykamoka_0.jpg

designidea20140801_120145.jpg

designideas20140806svincent.jpg

soc_8606.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love:

Oooo, I love the ring! :cheeky: And we must have more info on the pendant!

I've seen diamonds set into pearls, it's probably a bad idea, but could they set one in a flat area of the mabe? Lordy, those colors are amazing. :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update: Hisano finished up my little h South Sea keshi earrings today. Here is a glamour shot. This took a while because I asked for 0.8mm ear wires, rather than the thinner wires that they had in stock. These pretties should be on their way later today. I think this pair will be special because I selected the pearls myself at the ruckus. Such a nice memory. :))

I haven't made any progress on getting my Sea of Cortez mabe or pearls set yet. I pull them out to play with most days, and I'm still working on ideas. :think:

littlehssearrings70.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Look at the luster on those pretty keshi. I think the thicker ear wires are a great match. Very well done!!! Congratulations.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
iRe: How I Found My Ruckus Pearls

I LOVE your new earrings! I can hardly wait for ear shots!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely FlyGirl you will really enjoy these. Great design. Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love the design of your little h earrings and can't wait to see ear shots. What size are the pearls?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1408131967|3733155 said:
Look at the luster on those pretty keshi. I think the thicker ear wires are a great match. Very well done!!! Congratulations.
Thank you, HHPmom. Yes, the luster is amazing in person, as you would expect since they were hand selected by Hisano. I had three keshi picked out, but these two had pink overtones and the third one had blue overtones. I would have gone with the blue, if there had been another good match for it. :tongue:

bsomlo said:
I LOVE your new earrings! I can hardly wait for ear shots!

Thank you, bsomlo. I think these will be sweet. :love:

4Ranch Girl said:
So lovely FlyGirl you will really enjoy these. Great design. Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you, 4Ranch Girl. I'm pretty sure I will like them. :bigsmile:

Kay said:
I love the design of your little h earrings and can't wait to see ear shots. What size are the pearls?

These are selected from the bag of larger SS keshi that Hisano chose for pendants. The two I picked were larger than the little h earrings at the ruckus but smaller than her sample pendant. They are a good match colorwise. They are small enough to be set in the earring findings. The little h web site says the earring pearls are 6-7mm pearls and the pendant pearls are 8-9mm. I'm guessing mine are between 7 and 8 mm.

I'll measure them and post photos after they arrive. :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Those are amazing keshis!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My little h white South Sea keshi earrings arrived today. They look amazing. The luster and overtones on the keshi are beautiful. They were chosen from the bag of loose keshi bound for necklaces, and I matched these for shape and color. I love the styling of the earring. I really love that they are light in weight, but still have plenty of presence. This is a pair that is bound to be a favorite. :))

For those of you who have been asking (and asking :razz: ) for the pearl size, I took a couple of shots of the earrings laying on a ruler. The plumper pearl looks to be about 8mm wide and the slimmer pearl about 6-7 mm wide.

littleh_8750.jpg

littleh_8731.jpg

littleh_8763.jpg

littleh_8765.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A few more pictures from this afternoon's photo shoot.

littleh_8761.jpg

littlehb_8761.jpg

littleh_8759.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last couple of photos.

Thanks for coming by! :wavey:

littleh_8757.jpg

littleh_8743.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fly -- they are so pretty. They are luminous on you! I just love their size, shape, overtones and luster!

Wear your new dangles in health! I like your more substantial hook, too.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - They looked great in the pictures but even better on you! The drop shape is so elegant and I've never seen keshis that "pearl-like?"!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The yellow gold equestrian clasps for my multi-color round Tahitian rope and bracelet finally came in. Here is the final mockup from Hisano before it is strung. I'm expecting that most of the time I will be wearing the bracelet on my wrist, but it can be added to make a longer rope.

sep_11_2014_4.jpg

sep_11_2014_5.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Look at those colors! And isn't that clasp just gorgeous ?! I can hardly wait to see it on you, in person!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410403552|3748808 said:
Look at those colors! And isn't that clasp just gorgeous ?! I can hardly wait to see it on you, in person!!!
Thanks, bsomlo. And, those pictures are really, really washed out. With those pearls I decided to go all out on the clasp. Glad to hear that you still love the clasp. And, especially, thanks for not buying the pearls for yourself! :))

The timing on getting this piece is working out great for me. My son's wedding is now one month away, and I think I know the special jewelry that I will be wearing to it. :bigsmile:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Awww, congrats. Just don't steal the show from the bride!

Lots and lots of pictures when they arrive, please.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl these were meant to be your pearls. I remember seeing them in the PP driveway and OMG they were perfection then and now with that clasp :naughty: don't know what you are going to do for a pearl encore :dance: Love your new strand.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations ... that is the MOST beautiful strand of Tahitians ... and perfect clasp/bracelet combo ... you'll be stunning at your son's wedding!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: Thanks for your delightful account of the ruckus and gorgeous eye candy. You scored some great pearls!! Can't wait to see how you will set your SoC pearl n mabes next. Is that one of the rare cranberry ones btw?

Also now I understand why you are Fly Girl. My gosh you really can fly! :appl: :D

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, I am enjoying seeing your items on their journey to final phase. Those multi color Tahitian strands we helped you select out in the diffused light in the alley are some of the most beautiful Tahitians I have EVER seen. I have been anxious to see them done and on you as a set and used together as a rope. Those round pearl with spectacular range of colors are so exceptional, I don't know how you will take them off. They are my favorite items in your pearl collection which is saying a lot since it contains a collection of exceptional pearls. I am so thrilled for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results