shape
carat
color
clarity

How high are your heels for your wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I ended up with a pair of Cole Haan Nike air flats. Cute and comfy. Although I just bought a pair of bright green Kate Spade flats that are seriously in the running for wedding shoes, although not nearly as comfortable.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I had to go measure mine!
3.gif
but i did only buy them on friday, they are 3.5 inches. I would have liked them to be higher so that i am taller than my step daughter but oh well, they were the style i wanted and they were cheap! can get another pair for the ceremony too.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I''m super short so high heels is a must :) I''m trying to look for at least a 5 inch with platform in the front that is fairly comfortable. Does anyone has an absolute favorite? I don''t care for the color.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''m so amazed/impressed with all of you 5-inchers!!! I''m 5''2", but I''m hoping to find 2.5" heels tops, and then hopefully switch into my comfy Rainbow flipflops once I can''t stand it anymore.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Mine are as flat as flat can be. But for two reasons, I have a back injury that does not allow me to wear heels and my FI is shorter than me. Otherwise I might have gone for a 1-1.5 inch heel. I am just not a heel girl.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
3.5 inches, wish they were shorter. Hope I''m able to walk in the grass OK! My wedding is outside...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never responded! The original ones were 4 inches, the reserves were 2 inches, and the ones I actually ended up wearing were about 3.25-3.5 inches. Woot!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 1:51:05 PM
Author:lilylover
If I wear a shoe with a 3-3.5 inch heel, chances are that I won''t have to get the hem on my wedding dress done. My mom seems to think that this a horrible idea and I would regret wearing such a high heel.

Thoughts?

i picked out my shoes before the dress. what can i say? a girl has to prioritize
25.gif
but they are 3.5 inches & have the added benefits of making my dress the perfect length. [at least w/the sample dress. i''m ordering the same size, so i hope it will be true for *my* dress too.] said heels will also make me 3.5 inches taller than fi. luckily he doesn''t care a bit!!

i say go for it! you pick out your shoes & tell/let your mom pick out her own.

gls

Shiny_Rock
I guess the main thing is that you wear something you are comfortable in.

If you are used to wearing heels and you think that you can manage go for it!!! Just make sure you wear them in a bit at home so you dont get blisters.

I personally will be wearing flats because I am tall, the same height as FI and I get really sore knees in heels...in other words it was never going to happen
2.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The main thing is that you are comfortable IMO. As anyone who has ever worn a pair of uncomfortable shoes can attest to it makes you feel miserable. So #1 priority for me was comfort. #2 was that it looked pretty.

I wore flats against the advice of my hairstylist as he was shocked at my choice LOL I danced the whole night and was so comfortable. I don''t regret my choice at all.

Just find a pair of shoes (high heels or mid heels or no heel) that you feel you can dance the night away in and be totally comfortable. Most of my girlfriends ended up with blisters after their wedding reception. At the end of the night I was just as comfortable as I was at the start. The dress was basically covering the shoes anyway so you could barely see them in any case but when they did peek through it looked very pretty.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My heels were 4", but I was concerned about my feet hurting for the rest of the night. I bought a pair of wedge flip-flops (2" inch platform, 4" wedge, so the height was perfect for the dress, but they were still really comfy) for the reception and my feet felt great all night.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were 4.25" and I wore them from 4PM until well past midnight with no problems. I only took them off to take our beach photos.

My mom was horrified, but I loved my shoes and they didn''t chafe or blister or anything...

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
5" but that''s with a 1" platform and they are wedges. I''m going to be a little over 5'' 5" so I''m stoked!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 11:26:16 PM
Author: bibiloves
I''m super short so high heels is a must :) I''m trying to look for at least a 5 inch with platform in the front that is fairly comfortable. Does anyone has an absolute favorite? I don''t care for the color.
Hey I''m not sure how fancy you want but this is what I got in Orange. They give me the height w/o being super uncomfortable, in fact they are pretty comfy.

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=5&sort=&category=dsw11cat260004&prodId=199812&brand=

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I wore silver flats. I am only 5''4" and do wear heels semi-regularly...but am more comfortable in flats (and my husband has always preferred seeing my walk in flats for some reason...he thinks I walk very fluid and naturally when I am in flats over heels).

I needed a hem, but not much...and it did not cost much for my own hem.

Wear whatever you like and will be comfortable in! If you are not used to wearing heels for a long period of time, bring some other shoes to change into later (dress length be damned).

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Here they are.

I actually bought them right after I bought my dress as I had to go for my first fitting a couple days later. Cost me $20!

phpHKOgfkPM.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
4" platforms...I also added vintage shoe clips. Ignore both my desk and the foam I left in the bows so they don''t get squished.

With clip12.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Mine are 2.5" -- didn''t want to risk an ankle freak out.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Flip Flops...soo .5 inch? I''m 5''8, don''t need the height!
3.gif

FI is also 5''10, I like that we are going to have a height difference in our wedding pictures! I always feel the same height as him when I have heels on!

I may bring a pair of flats along as well if an emergency should arise!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wore heels that were around 2.5 inches - they weren''t very pretty at all and I really didn''t like them much, but I wanted to be able to change into other shoes for the dancing that would be a similar height. I bought Nike Shox with purple "heels" (to match the bridesmaid color) and I loved them - they were so comfortable and I danced SO much! Nobody really saw the sneakers under my huge dress though, but they are in one picture and I love it.

It ended up being good that I wore low heels because 3 days before the wedding I hurt my ankle pretty badly! I wore an ankle brace for the whole wedding because it hurt so much. I don''t think I could have worn 5 inch heels if I tried on that ankle! The sneakers were amazing though and definitely helped.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My heels were about 2.5" I think, then I changed to flats for the reception.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

My current wedding shoes are at about 2.5"

I usually wear 4" heals when I wear them, but FI is only a few inches taller than me and I dont want to be the same height as him on the big day. I''m also considering wearing flats to make a bigger height difference. Havent made up my mind yet!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
How funny is it that a thread about shoes comes up and we ALL chime in!?

You know, you can definitely find shoes w/ a heel that are comfy. DF bought me stuart weitzman''s this weekend for my birthday. they actually feel pretty good and have a 4 inch heel. Since I live in danskos, I didn''t think this was possible.

That''s another idea, beside the wedge, change into some dansko clogs (ugly, but funny/cute if you find the plaid or leopard print ones) for the reception! They will definitely give you a good couple inches added height!

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Whatever you are comfortable in, and can walk well in.
If you can walk nicely in the heels, go for it. If not, then practice until you can or wear something smaller.
You do not want to be walking down an aisle in an odd way that screams you are wearing heels that are ''out of your league'' or make you look like you have an odd little hitch in your walk,........everyone is going to be watching you so your shoes should be one of the last things on their and your mind.
If you are wanting to wear a higher heel than you normally do, or found some that you want to wear, my suggestion is to wear them at home until they break in a little more and you can walk normally in them, or be able to adjust anything in them as needed.
Also, in my opinion, as I have a serious high-heel shoe fetish ( which is odd, as I am such a ''country-girl'', but I guess it is one of those things that makes you feel good!!!! Haha. As a result of that though, I am extremely picky about them :) ), the cheaper no-name brands of high heels are not always designed with a foot''s comfort and structural support in mind, as in, the more expensive, name-brand styles tend to be more ergonomically designed to actually fit your foot and be comfortable without the pressure points that some high heeled shoes have. Saying all of that, I find a lot of good shoes ( the shoes mentioned below: Madden Girl heels, for example! ) at stores like TJMaxx and the such, where the name-brand stuff is discounted. ($7 for those Madden Girl shoes, originally $200+ shoes!! WhootWhoot!)

I have got a couple of different shoes I am planning on using, or rather, am deciding between. For the ceremony, it is between some Jessica Simpson knee-high brown leather 6-inch heels and some Madden Girl 4-5 inch lepord print heels, but I plan on changing into my cowboy boots for the reception!!
11.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are about 2 inch heels. I was originally going to wear flats but my mother refused, saying that you walk more elegantly in heels and that I''ll regret not having heels on. I didn''t want to argue so I just got some nice low ones. I hope I don''t sink into the lawn at my outdoor ceremony! Here''s a picture:

Wedding Shoes258963147.jpg

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
Good Gracious you ladies are brave in your 4-5 inch heels! I''m 5''4 1/2 barefoot - so I''m going with a 1 1/2 to 2 inch heel - and I''m also looking into professional ballroom dancing shoes. I belonged to a dance group in high school and we had special dance heels that were the most comfortable heels I''ve ever worn. I don''t want to have to change shoes or go barefoot at my reception where I''ll no doubtedly drag/trip on my dress while dancing all night so that''s why I''m opting for a lower heel and also I''m buying not just a "white" pair, but a pair I''m going to wear again. I''d rather dish out the money on a pair of super cute heels no one will see under my dress that I can wear again than a pair I''ll be uncomfortable in all day on my most important day and will be tossed in the shoe hole, on the off chance I''ll wear them again. I will have to have my dress hem taken up, but I''m cool w/ that. My FI is tall at 6''1, so I''ll be 5''6 - 5''7 in my heels and gown. I''m good with that and I''ll be comfy to get my boogie on. In face I''ll have to post the ballroom shoes I''m looking at. They''re "Swing" shoes with the black and white wing tip look in a Mary Jane style w/ a cuban heel :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results