shape
carat
color
clarity

How high are your heels for your wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
If I wear a shoe with a 3-3.5 inch heel, chances are that I won''t have to get the hem on my wedding dress done. My mom seems to think that this a horrible idea and I would regret wearing such a high heel.

Thoughts?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I wore a 3 inch heel and wished that they were higher! Why does she think you''d regret it, because they''d be uncomfortable? My shoes were beyond comfortable to wear all day and I was worried because I didn''t really wear them for more than a few minutes at a time before hand. Just bring a cute pair of flats with you if you''re worried to change into.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
BAH, 3 inches? Mine are 5! Go for it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 1:59:55 PM
Author: choro72
BAH, 3 inches? Mine are 5! Go for it!
Haha--I thought the exact same thing! Mine were 5 inches, and I didn''t fall down the aisle or anything. I changed into "dance shoes" later, but they were still about 3.5-4".

I say go for the high heels.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could wear higher heels. I can''t last more than a few hours on my feet in 3" or higher.
7.gif

I am probably going to go somewhere between flats and 2.5", which is practical but bums me out b/c all the gorgeous shoes I like to drool over are 3" and higher.

If you think you''ll be comfy all day in higher heels and avoid getting the dress hemmed, then go for it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which pair?
31.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I had an outdoor wedding, so I wore flats. Sooo glad I did
1.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
5 inch ladies i''m soo jealous! mine are 3.5 with a 1/2 inch platform so they shouldn''t bee too uncomfortable. I get to be a whole 5'' 3" on my wedding day!
36.gif

I hope to be as close to ZERO as possible. lol

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only unlucky one who was happy to change into flats after the ceremony?
41.gif
It may have been the 3.5 inchers I wore all night at the rehearsal. My feet were done.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Mine are 5"
9.gif
, but they are beyond comfy
I couldn''t imagine wearing any low heel. I am obsessed with super high heels.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 2:40:40 PM
Author: sunnyd
Am I the only unlucky one who was happy to change into flats after the ceremony?
41.gif
It may have been the 3.5 inchers I wore all night at the rehearsal. My feet were done.
You goon. I changed into Uggs after the rehearsal! I was delighted to do so too.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My heels were 3.5". I knew I wouldn't be comfortable with anything higher, plus I'm tall and don't need it. I did have experience wearing 3" heels all day at work so I knew I could mostly handle it.

I'll admit that my feet did hurt more than I expected by the end of the night - I spent a lot of time on my feet during photography, etc (a total of 7 hours wearing them, most of that on my feet). But my shoes were comfortable and didn't pinch or cause blisters, so they were just sore in a normal "I've been running around all day in thin soled shoes" way (and didn't start being sore until the last hour of the reception). Make sure the shoes won't cause blisters or pinching, because that truly would be uncomfortable (I *always* get blistes with strappy sandals, so I stayed far away from strappy)

I would absolutely go for it, especially if you have experience wearing heels. I wouldn't recommend 3" heels to someone who's never worn them a day in their life. And I did bring some silver flats along just in case, but didn't take my shoes off until after the reception.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of anything much over 3 inches. I''m obviously not as coordinated as some of you. But I do hope I can wear about a 3 inch heel. I''m concerned though because I got a shorter version of my dress so I could save some on alterations. I''m not that tall - between 5''5" and 5''6", but with 3 inch heels I''ll be at least 5''8". Does anyone have any experience with Maggie Sottero dresses? I can''t find a straight answer, but I think the shorter version is made for someone about 5''8"....

farfrompro

Rough_Rock
go with the heel. I had originally planned on wearing flats just for the comfort level but now, a lot of heels have a platform in the front which makes them SUPER comfortable. Just make sure the arch of the shoe isnt too severe and that there is a 1/2 to 1 inch platform on the front and you''ll be fine!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Mine will be 4 inches. I love high heels but didn''t want to go higher than 4 inches because FI is 5''7'''' and I didn''t want to be taller than him! I am 5''3'''' so I will be slightly shorter than him because his shoes have a bit of a heel.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine were right around 3 inches, and they were perfect! by the end of the night my feet did hurt, but i think they would''ve hurt in ANYTHING after standing for that long :)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hoping to find a *comfortable* pair around 3.5+ inches. FI is 6''3 and I''m 5''5... so I''ve got some space to make up!

Speaking of high heels... have any of you worn a pair of Badgley Mischka heels? I found a pair I am IN LOVE with but I''m not sure how the comfort level would be
33.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
mine were 5.5 and I wore them the whole night without a problem. I had flats handy but I didn''t even put them on.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing 3.5 inches and they don''t feel so high. They have padding and so far feel pretty comfortable, but I''ll buy some gel insoles just in case. I think it''s because I usually wear pretty high heels in the 4 inch range.

I hadn''t thought about having a pair of flats handy just in case. Good idea.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Mine are nearly 5" (4 3/4) and they seem super comfortable. In college I worked in retail and we had to be dressy, so I got used to wearing high heels for 5-8 hours at a time, which will stand me in good stead on my wedding day. I''m long gone from retail but I still can''t bring myself to buy heels any lower than 4 inches! I''m also 4''11 so I desperately need the height!

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the input! I don''t wear heels unless I am going out, but when I do they are usually in the 3-4 inch range and I don''t seem to have much of a problem. Sure, my feet feel sore the next day but that''s not too big of a deal.

I really like the idea of having some flats handy just in case. Or, what about those super tall wedge flip flops? Those could work, too?

I haven''t picked out my wedding shoes YET ... I need to get a move on! Only 4 months to go! Hah. I am hoping to find (or dye) some that are a mustard yellow or a steel blue color.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mine were like 2.25 or 2.5 inches, and they were very comfortable!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine were around 2.75-3". That''s probably the highest I''d ever wear, and I wore them until almost midnight. I changed into platform flip flops midway during the dancing because my feet were just killing me. But I rarely wear high heels.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
Pretty high, but I wear heels almost every day to work so I''d probably feel weird in flats anyway. I bought the Steve Madden "Regaal" for my wedding shoes

31.gif

regaal.jpg

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
Ack! Sorry that is such a huge picture!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine were 4.5" or 5", not sure which exactly.

I wore them throughout our entire ceremony and reception with no problems.

I wear heels a lot, though. I''m 5''9" but I still feel great in a good pair of heels. Lucky for me, DH likes super tall women.
9.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 12:01:24 AM
Author: IdLikeToBuyAVal
Pretty high, but I wear heels almost every day to work so I''d probably feel weird in flats anyway. I bought the Steve Madden ''Regaal'' for my wedding shoes

31.gif
Steve Madden is one of those brands that has really great looking shoes and styles, but they can also be uncomfortable at times (my experience).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine were about 3 inches. I tried to go higher, bought a pair and practised walking in them, but I just couldn''t do it. I had flats to change into for the reception but didn''t need them.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were 5 1/2" because my dress couldn''t be shortened, and I''m 5''2". Practically MURDERED my feet since I don''t generally wear heels that high or for that long, but I adored them, and the pictures looked amazing with them. I changed into flip flops for the reception. Actually, I changed into flip flops in the middle of the photographer taking family pictures, so there''s some really funny pics that made it into the album of two of my sisters taking off the platforms while my DH and dad helped me keep my balance. The heels were fine for the ceremony, but not so much for the lawn we were taking the pictures on! If you love ''em, don''t let someone talk you out of them. Just make sure you have a backup plan if you need one later in the day, and make sure you can actually walk in them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results