shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this diamond look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sdunlap10

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I've been doing my research and I think I've found a pretty good diamond. However, I do have some concerns. First, it is graded by EGL, and from what I understand, they can be a bit "soft" in their grading. As such, the H color worries me that it may be a little closer to the I side of the spectrum. Also, the girdle is thin, how much of a problem will that be? It scores a 2 on the HCA, but that's using the % rather than angles, and I know that angles are preferred when using the HCA. Finally, the crown seems small, and the table is a bit on the small side too. I'll try to attach the grading report to see what you guys think.

522281886fj.jpg

Thanks for your help! The price is definitely right, but I want to be sure before I buy anything, especially online when I won't have a chance to see it first.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem with just looking.

Have Whiteflash make inquiries into it and if the get a thumbs up from their end, have it brought into the office.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like egl-Israel.
The cert isn''t worth the ink it took to print it.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 4:19:50 PM
Author: strmrdr
looks like egl-Israel.
The cert isn't worth the ink it took to print it.

Yep!

ETA - my EGL Israel stone was 2 colors AND 2 clarities off!!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
How can you tell its from overseas? Is there something specific to look for?

sdunlap10

Rough_Rock
well shoot, I knew it was too good to be true. I guess I''ll keep on searching. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results