shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this diamond look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sdunlap10

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I've been doing my research and I think I've found a pretty good diamond. However, I do have some concerns. First, it is graded by EGL, and from what I understand, they can be a bit "soft" in their grading. As such, the H color worries me that it may be a little closer to the I side of the spectrum. Also, the girdle is thin, how much of a problem will that be? It scores a 2 on the HCA, but that's using the % rather than angles, and I know that angles are preferred when using the HCA. Finally, the crown seems small, and the table is a bit on the small side too. I'll try to attach the grading report to see what you guys think.

522281886fj.jpg

Thanks for your help! The price is definitely right, but I want to be sure before I buy anything, especially online when I won't have a chance to see it first.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem with just looking.

Have Whiteflash make inquiries into it and if the get a thumbs up from their end, have it brought into the office.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like egl-Israel.
The cert isn''t worth the ink it took to print it.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 4:19:50 PM
Author: strmrdr
looks like egl-Israel.
The cert isn't worth the ink it took to print it.

Yep!

ETA - my EGL Israel stone was 2 colors AND 2 clarities off!!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
How can you tell its from overseas? Is there something specific to look for?

sdunlap10

Rough_Rock
well shoot, I knew it was too good to be true. I guess I''ll keep on searching. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.