Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How does the table change how the diamond looks??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
I am looking at Princess cut diamonds but it is very hard to find a diamond that falls in the range of 62-68% that seems to be recommended, so how does a larger table say 72% effect what the diamond looks like???

thanks,
Jason

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Man, looking at pear-shapes, princess cuts. Sounds like you haven't quite decided on what shape to get! Coming from somewhat of a diamond novice, I believe that GENERALLY (don't mean to yell but want to make clear this is a general statement!) you may get more brilliance from a larger table, but sacrifice dispersion (color flashes).

Also, from what I recall during my search for an emerald cut, you will find many princess cuts with tables larger than "ideal". Cutting a larger table has the "added" benefit of making a diamond appear larger than a diamond of similar size cut to "better" proportions.

If I'm wrong, I'll let the experts beat me up. Hope that helps some.

E

GiGi

Rough_Rock
How does a larger "table" on Emerald cut diamond affect it's over-all quality? Let's say 70% vs. its recommended 60-65% range?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.