shape
carat
color
clarity

How does the table change how the diamond looks??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
I am looking at Princess cut diamonds but it is very hard to find a diamond that falls in the range of 62-68% that seems to be recommended, so how does a larger table say 72% effect what the diamond looks like???

thanks,
Jason

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Man, looking at pear-shapes, princess cuts. Sounds like you haven't quite decided on what shape to get! Coming from somewhat of a diamond novice, I believe that GENERALLY (don't mean to yell but want to make clear this is a general statement!) you may get more brilliance from a larger table, but sacrifice dispersion (color flashes).

Also, from what I recall during my search for an emerald cut, you will find many princess cuts with tables larger than "ideal". Cutting a larger table has the "added" benefit of making a diamond appear larger than a diamond of similar size cut to "better" proportions.

If I'm wrong, I'll let the experts beat me up. Hope that helps some.

E

GiGi

Rough_Rock
How does a larger "table" on Emerald cut diamond affect it's over-all quality? Let's say 70% vs. its recommended 60-65% range?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results