shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you think Lightbox compares?

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
How do you think Lightbox diamonds compare to the diamonds that are often sold at chain jewelry stores such as Kayes, Zales, etc.? I figure that color and clarity being better is probably a given. What about cut?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Lightbox diamond specs below from what I've read:

Cut: VG/EX
Color: G
Clarity: VVS before logo inscription, VS after

I don't have much experience with the retailers you listed, my bet is it varies depending on the stone and store. Stores in more affluent areas tend to have larger and higher spec stones.

Larger Lightbox diamonds are definitely the best value for dollar out there. What pieces or projects are you considering?

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Lightbox diamond specs below from what I've read:

Cut: VG/EX
Color: G
Clarity: VVS before logo inscription, VS after

I don't have much experience with the retailers you listed, my bet is it varies depending on the stone and store. Stores in more affluent areas tend to have larger and higher spec stones.

Larger Lightbox diamonds are definitely the best value for dollar out there. What pieces or projects are you considering?

Yes, I've read that those seem to be the specs of the stones. Which, imo, would mean they are better quality than most stones sold at the mall jewelry stores.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I've read that those seem to be the specs of the stones. Which, imo, would mean they are better quality than most stones sold at the mall jewelry stores.

Don't forget that light return is mostly driven by a good cut :)

Well, assuming the clarity isn't 'foggy' :lol:

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Don't forget that light return is mostly driven by a good cut :)

Well, assuming the clarity isn't 'foggy' :lol:

Yes, but it's my understanding that a lot of the diamonds in mall jewelry stores are just poor specs across the board. I could be completely wrong about this though.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but it's my understanding that a lot of the diamonds in mall jewelry stores are just poor specs across the board. I could be completely wrong about this though.

I think it is definitely fair to say that consumers do not see the best-cut stones out there in mall (maul? lol) stores!

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
[New guy, sorry!] Mods - can you clarify the policy on critical/negative commentary, when that is what the OP is seeking?

I have purchased, unset, and analyzed Lightbox goods, I've also had other growers and well regarded appraisers give input. I have videos, Idealscope images, and comparisons to other lab grown fancy colors.

IE I have the ability to clearly answer the OPs question, but I don't want to be a noob running afoul of PS rules, formal or informal.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
[New guy, sorry!] Mods - can you clarify the policy on critical/negative commentary, when that is what the OP is seeking?

I have purchased, unset, and analyzed Lightbox goods, I've also had other growers and well regarded appraisers give input. I have videos, Idealscope images, and comparisons to other lab grown fancy colors.

IE I have the ability to clearly answer the OPs question, but I don't want to be a noob running afoul of PS rules, formal or informal.

I am not necessarily seeking critical or negative commentary. Or if I am, that's a rather extreme way of putting it. I just personally believed that Lightbox diamonds probably performed better than most diamonds bought at mall jewelry stores. I was mostly curious if others had a similar perspective.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding though. Hopefully you get a response about the rules so you can give the response you had planned to give. =)2

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Also, I think it might also be good to clarify that when I mention the stones bought in mall jewelry stores, I'm actually assuming that most of those stones are mined diamonds, and not man made. So this wasn't really a question of quality between different sources of mmd's.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@psadmin is the tag you need :)

I believe that you may be able to present information but not comment on it one way or the other.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say LB is better. There are a lot of SI3-I1 at mall stores. I haven’t analyzed cut at mall stores, but from what I’ve seen they are cut more for size than light return.

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade

@psadmin?

rshrewsbury

Rough_Rock
How do you think Lightbox diamonds compare to the diamonds that are often sold at chain jewelry stores such as Kayes, Zales, etc.? I figure that color and clarity being better is probably a given. What about cut?

I have a Lightbox cushion cut 5/8 diamond. It’s very lovely and when I looked at it through my loupe, I found zero inclusions - only the Lightbox inscription under the table. Though I’ll tell you, I’m just a consumer and very new to looking at anything through a loupe. I did look at some of my mall-bought diamonds and they were definitely included, some worse than others. I think it really depends, tbh. Jewelry at the mall or department stores vs. Lightbox isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Personally, I’d rather purchase a Lightbox piece than a typical diamond at a mall/department store. But that’s just me. 9F4597A2-AFF8-474D-8DBD-9D3EE3F0BFB5.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Lightbox cushion cut 5/8 diamond. It’s very lovely and when I looked at it through my loupe, I found zero inclusions - only the Lightbox inscription under the table. Though I’ll tell you, I’m just a consumer and very new to looking at anything through a loupe. I did look at some of my mall-bought diamonds and they were definitely included, some worse than others. I think it really depends, tbh. Jewelry at the mall or department stores vs. Lightbox isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Personally, I’d rather purchase a Lightbox piece than a typical diamond at a mall/department store. But that’s just me. 9F4597A2-AFF8-474D-8DBD-9D3EE3F0BFB5.jpeg

I really like this bracelet!! Do you still plan to reset it so it does not flip around?

Ah - just reread thread title - sorry for threadjack! Will ask this elsewhere =)2

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
This is not allowed, it is in the Forum Policies for trade members. Trade members may not comment on items under consideration, positively or negatively.

Thank you for letting us know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results