shape
carat
color
clarity

How do YOU search for (or advertise) a diamond here?....

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
So, this is for Prosumers, vendors, & admin.

It used to be I would go on board to the "search by cut" tool, above under Resources, and select "Diamond Search," or it links here:

https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-search-results/

and I believe back then, at least for those vendors who generally did list their diamonds, including WF & GOG, most of their inventory would come up.

Now, most options presenting are from Eternity Diamonds. Nice to have these, but I'm confused about the others.

I did a test for the size: .9 - 1.1, G&H, VS2 & SI1. If you further constraing for HCA excellent, you severely limit what you can see to about 101 options. But, there seems to be more than the 7 showing now from WF at their own site, and there's a lot more seemingly from JA than their 7 showing, though I've never been able to figure out how they include their diamonds in this search engine (and I'm not sure Jim knows really either, g-d bless him). Now, two present from GOG, too.

It's still a helpful tool, but I guess it's become a sort of lousy resource to make recommendations from. Except for Eternity, and while theirs do not come with reflector images, the HCA is fully operable, and probably they may be the new low cost guy on the block...but as I'm not in the market right now, I haven't done a serious study of that.

Anyway, though you could never entirely do one stop shopping with that tool, I used to feel little remorse restricting recommendations to that one resource. But, now, that may be more of a disservice than otherwise.

Comments on this tool appreciated especially? Other thoughts, too, about best virtual practices for on-line shopping more than welcome.

Ira Z.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a Prosumer, but I hope it's okay that I'm answering.

I search each vendor's site individually. Time consuming, yes. But, that's because some of the vendors I have worked with don't advertise on here and some of the vendors that DO advertise on here I don't feel have been used enough for by people I trust to recommend. Some are just too new, and they have never posted on here so I don't "know them". Also there are vendors that USED to post here or advertise that I am familar with because I have worked or met them and I still recommend them, even if they don't pony up advertising fees any more. Ettiene Perret is an example of this. And there are also a few vendors who do advertise on here that I WOULDN'T work with or advise a friend to work with... so I won't recommend them to a poster UNLESS that poster has stated a preference for that vendor. Then I will work with that.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy...but if you're not a prosumer...very very few are. I'll happily regard you as one, and I've saved a recent post of yours to favorites for future reference (I believe on ring styles).

If others are hung up on that...please don't be.

Any casual shopper on this board, also, is more than welcome to comment...please & thank you...

Ira Z.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also search individual company sites. The search tool does not include some vendors who have good stock, and when I click "in house stones" it brings up stones that I am fairly certain are not actually in house in the sense I want - stones that have pictures and images and all that jazz.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regular Guy|1316755032|3023635 said:
Thanks Gypsy...but if you're not a prosumer...very very few are. I'll happily regard you as one, and I've saved a recent post of yours to favorites for future reference (I believe on ring styles).

If others are hung up on that...please don't be.

Any casual shopper on this board, also, is more than welcome to comment...please & thank you...

Ira Z.

Thank you Ira. I appreciate your very kind words, they made my night. I guess I don't think of myself as a Prosumer especially since I take long breaks at times from PS sometimes.

I think of you as a prosumer, and Dreamer too. There are others as well... not going to start naming because I'll forget someone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results