shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you clean your diamond martini studs?

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
Have had mine for ~3 mos now and they are due for a cleaning - lots of "stuff" collected under the diamond in the setting. But I don't want to do anything to damage the settings.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little warm water, Dawn dish soap (I like the Platinum, ironically), and a soft brush. I use an artist type brush with soft yet firm bristles, but a gentle baby toothbrush should be fine. Let them soak a bit, then gently brush all around and under the setting & stones, and rinse well with the sink stopper securely plugged up. I clean my jewelry daily that I am wearing this way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean mine at least once a week as JoCoJenn mentioned (but I don't wear my studs everyday, either). I use this instead of dishwashing liquid. I soak my things in it while I am getting ready and then brush the diamond well and rinse with hot water.

http://www.amazon.com/Connoisseurs-Jewelry-Cleaner-Precious-oz/dp/B000QA2IHC/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1456942253&sr=8-1&keywords=Connoisseurs+Jewelry+Cleaner

I clean about once a month in an ultrasonic cleaner with jewelry cleaning liquid after cleaning the first way to really get them clean. Don't wait three months because they are harder to clean once they get that dirty.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aultrasonic+jewelry+cleaner%2Cp_72%3A2661618011&keywords=ultrasonic+jewelry+cleaner&ie=UTF8&qid=1456942289&rnid=2661617011

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I wear my martini studs every day and I clean them every day with Dawn, hot water, and a soft toothbrush. Then once a month I steam them with my Jewel Jet to keep them sparkling.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my diamond jewelry in a Dawn & water solution when I am not wearing them. An overnight soak seems to do even better than a short soak, brush & rinse.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I like this little kit (found it at Walmart jewelry section $6) which is prob dish soap :lol: . It has a soft little brush and I use super hot water straight from the faucet when mixing up the cleanser. Make sure to buy the one for gold/plat, not the silver formula.

http://connoisseurs.com/dazzle-drops-advanced-jewelry-cleaner.php

I wear my martini studs everyday and use this once a week to clean them. If you haven't cleaned yours in a few months, I'd soak them in hot water a bit to loosen up the dirt, no matter your cleanser/brand preference.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ultrasonic mine with a mixture of Windex and water every day. Diamonds can get dirty very quickly - especially when exposed to oil and sprays from the hair!

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! I think I'll start w mild soap and a soft brush and see how it goes.

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks! My studs are now back to brilliantly sparkling like they did when I first got them back in early December. Definitely won't be going this long between cleanings again. :oops:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use my face brush (Clarisonic Mia) in the shower with a little bit of gel soap on them daily, since I never take them off. Once a week or so I do the dish soap + soft brush thing though. I hate taking them off ;-)

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine get a daily shampooing while in my ears, it prevents heavy build up and leaves them sparkling. I have fine hair, so they get washed with a clear volumizing shampoo. I take them out every two weeks to clean them in the ultrasonic.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
3-4 times a week with dawn and a baby toothbrush keeps them sparkling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results