shape
carat
color
clarity

How do they do it?!? --on eBay, I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jontompsen

Rough_Rock
I want to sell diamond jewelry on eBay (it seems profitable), but I have no idea where to start. I'm looking to start a small business from home to help out.Can any one help by giving me a clue on HOW this person is doing it: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1614020840 I know of one national line of stores (jewelryexchange.com) that guarantees that their jewelry can be appraised for double their sale prace up to $3000. They sell 1.5 ct diamond studs for $599... think those would go well on online auctions?Any help is greatly appreciated,
Jon Tompsen

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You just have to love this
smile.gif
"These round cut brilliant diamonds are I2 clarity and G-H color. They have the sparkle and brilliance of VS1 diamonds."------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

jontompsen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for replying!!Yes, I do know "how" to sell on eBay (I have 21 feedback rating there), I guess I should have refined my questions a little more.1. Are appraisals generally inflated that much? What appraisors should I look out for? EGL? Is "UGS" (Universal Gemological Services... the appraisor of the diamonds in that auction) reliable?2. My first post was trying to get a feel for the market. I'm looking for tips on where to buy good diamonds that I could resell on eBay.3. Do I need to be registered with any diamond associations or the government if I decided to sell a diamond or two per week? What are regulations on selling diamonds?All your posts are greatly appreciated!
Jon Tompsen
[email protected]

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, right
love.gif
What amazed me is that probably there are people who will really believe it.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jon,Did you try to follow this link for the new sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/n-selling.html ?I checked the bid you're referring above. Well the appraisals shown are inflated enormously. For example, one can get 0.7 H-I2 for $800 in the internet, while the appraisal gives you $2,430!!!Current bid is already over $1,500 with almost 2 days left. So the winner most probably won't get any extraordinary deal.

jontompsen

Rough_Rock
1. Are appraisals generally inflated that much? What appraisors should I look out for? EGL? Is "UGS" (Universal Gemological Services... the appraisor of the diamonds in that auction) reliable?2. My first post was trying to get a feel for the market. I'm looking for tips on where to buy good diamonds that I could resell on eBay.3. Do I need to be registered with any diamond associations or the government if I decided to sell a diamond or two per week? What are regulations on selling diamonds?All your posts are greatly appreciated!
Jon Tompsen
[email protected]

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jon,
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by jontompsen:
1. Are appraisals generally inflated that much? What appraisors should I look out for? EGL? Is "UGS" (Universal Gemological Services... the appraisor of the diamonds in that auction) reliable?
It happens rather often. If you want accurate appraisals contact David Atlas, AGA, www.gemappraisers.com or check our list of independent appraisers: www.pricescope.com/appr_list.asp .
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
2. My first post was trying to get a feel for the market. I'm looking for tips on where to buy good diamonds that I could resell on eBay3. Do I need to be registered with any diamond associations or the government if I decided to sell a diamond or two per week? What are regulations on selling diamonds?

I'm not able to answer these questions competently enough. If you are in the trade you can check trade related websites like www.diamonds.net and www.diamondfloor.com .

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jon,Don't mention it
smile.gif
Any progress with your research?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results