shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I put a price tag on a ring for the love of my life?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

levigarrett

Rough_Rock

If they are not going into debt for it, and they have $8k set aside for a ring then why not? Like Lorelei said, some people prefer to have an expensive ring, rather than a big wedding. That''s what I did, because the wedding lasted a day but the diamond lasts forever!

It has absolutely nothing to do with impressing anyone else. I couldn''t give two hoots about what other people think!
Blod

Thank you all so much.!!!!!!!!!!!!
41.gif

YOU all have good points but Blod hit the nail on the head.
19.gif

I buy the best and dont have regret( never). I am plannig to sell my motorcycle and gather up 4000 on top so the total would be about $7500- 8000 total. ring with diamond.

I need an asscher

I plan to post this question on Rocky Talk soon within a few weeks. Than I will be buying a asscher
30.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 7:48:44 PM
Author:levigarrett

Is there a rule of thumb to follow or should I go buy with my heart and get three more jobs?
The only rule of thumb is that thumb rings are uncomfortable.
Almost like a debt.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... an asscher!! Lucky girl!!
18.gif

That budget is really great if you can pull it off without going into major debt. Your girlfriend is really lucky! Congrats!
9.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Although you already made up your mind, I would also agree with Blodthecat.

It really is about what your and your girlfriends priorities are. If she really loves to have a nice ring or nice quality things in general, then it may be worthwile to spend more than you would normally spend. Also, I don''t recall anyone mentioning the issue of whether you even intend to upgrade in the future? If you are a person that doesn''t beleive in upgrades than you really can''t just go on the principle of getting of what you can comfortly afford at the time. You may have to think more long term.

If my fiance went by the principle of getting what we can afford, then I would get nothing b/c both of us are students for now and have 0 income. He also doesn''t beleive in upgrades, and I admitidly have expensive taste (I rather have less of somthing, e.g. clothers, handbags, shoes, etc, but have them be very nice). He ended up going outside his comfort zone to surprise me with a beautiful ring which I enjoy greatly.

So there is really no rule of thumbs but what you and your girlfriend''s values are.
21.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2006 9:47:19 PM
Author: levigarrett

If they are not going into debt for it, and they have $8k set aside for a ring then why not? Like Lorelei said, some people prefer to have an expensive ring, rather than a big wedding. That''s what I did, because the wedding lasted a day but the diamond lasts forever!

It has absolutely nothing to do with impressing anyone else. I couldn''t give two hoots about what other people think!
Blod

Thank you all so much.!!!!!!!!!!!!
41.gif

YOU all have good points but Blod hit the nail on the head.
19.gif

I buy the best and dont have regret( never). I am plannig to sell my motorcycle and gather up 4000 on top so the total would be about $7500- 8000 total. ring with diamond.

I need an asscher

I plan to post this question on Rocky Talk soon within a few weeks. Than I will be buying a asscher
30.gif
I like your attitude, levigarrett! We''ll look forward to seeing your asscher selections!

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
Well
after looking at my finances I think my limit for the ring and asscher should be up to $7500 no more. [$$)]

I believe in making a life long investment with her and this ring is the first step to making a life long commitment.
I come from a broken family and plan not to add to the divorce rate.
20.gif

I buy nothing but the best and dont regret anything. I work hard and you live only once.

You gales and guys are the best!!!
2.gif

Thank you so much for all your input!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results