shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I fix the rubbing issue?

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I just recently had my rings fixed (the prongs or beads holding in the sides stones were messed up) and my band was resized. I was hoping this would fix my issue. The rhodium plating wore badly and I thought it was the plating my usual jeweler used. This jeweler said she triple dips them. They looked amazing! However after just a few days we're talking I picked them up Saturday and it's Monday there are spots of rhodium rubbed off where my rings rub. What are my best options to keep them from rubbing? I know the most logical and obvious one is having then soldered together but I am adamant that I don't want to do that. I want my set to be a set not ONE ring. My engagement ring spins side to side. I talked to the jeweler about this because I cannot size it down anymore and fit it over my knuckle we talked about sizing balls on the inside. I hoped sizing down the wedding band would help tighten things up but no such luck. :( I picked my band so that the head of my engagement ring fit just in the right spot on my band. image_1290.jpg image_1291.jpg

The ones on my finger are when I first picked them up and the other kind of shows where it's been rubbed. I know it's hard to see but all I have is my camera phone right now.

Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A thin 1mm/1.5mm spacer band?

DK :))

mirre

Shiny_Rock
My only concern with doing the spacer band even at 1mm is that then I don't have the look I want and it makes it even wider on my already small finger. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results