shape
carat
color
clarity

how do I fix a gap in my halo setting? Is it costly?

fraggle30

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I am looking into buying a certain pave ring for a steal. It's a lovely ring, the only problem is that the setting was square and the seller put a rectangular stone in it. The effect I get from this is when I am looking down at the ring is has slight gaps on both sides. I asked how much it would cost to fix and was quoted $176 by the seller. He said he needed to put gold bars on either side to fill the gap. Does this price seem high or is it a good price? Is there another way to fix this problem? What do you think?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't think of another way to fix it other than remaking the halo mount and resetting the stones, which would cost more. I think the price sounds good for a fix like that, taking into account labour and gold. Doubt you will do it much cheaper, but you could shop around.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Even with bars of metal on either side, the ring is still going to be off-balanced, and it's going to irk you more and more over time. Some halos can be forgiving, but one made for a square that has been set with a rectangle is not. The only real fix is to put the proper size and shaped stone in it...as it was made for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results