carat
color
clarity

How could I forget about this?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I worry about me!!! :nono:

I gave this Mahenge Spinel to my jeweller months ago and told him not to rush, no hurry etc etc. I'm quite happy to wait for some things so wasn't bothered. Last night I got an email from him telling me my ring was ready and to be delivered today!!! :lol:

Here it is! The Spinel is 1.35ct and I bought it from AJS. It's a beautiful glowing pink/red (much better than these photos show) with tons of fluor. I'll take some fluor photos tonight when it's darker. Today is grey, dull, raining and overcast so I've done the best with the photos I can but poor little ring is struggling to look as fabulous in the photos as it does in real life! Anyway, here you go ...........

Top two photos are taken in incandescent lighting and the bottom two in daylight.

Spinel Mahenge Octagon 6 outside.JPG

Spinel Mahenge Octagon 3 outside dull daylight.JPG

Spinel Mahenge Octagon 5.JPG

Spinel Mahenge Octagon 2.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I'm not sure how you could have forgot about it before, but don't forget about it again!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love emerald cut stones, very classy.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!! :love: :love: :love:

I am a complete sucker for emerald cuts, and this one is magnificent! :appl:

And with the EC diamonds?

Jealous! =)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is just freaking stunning :love: dont know how you could have forget about this one....wow thats all I can say :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful LD!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful! I can't imagine forgetting it!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring, the scale of the stones with each other is very graceful and the spinel is gorgeous!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: It's so beautiful! Gives me the shivers?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody. I was slightly concerned that the end diamonds (4x2) should have been wider, maybe 4 x 3 to give a more balanced look but I can live with it!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1289660005|2764348 said:
Thank you everybody. I was slightly concerned that the end diamonds (4x2) should have been wider, maybe 4 x 3 to give a more balanced look but I can live with it!

Just from the photos I actually think that the way it is (with the thinner end diamonds) moves the eye to focus on the spinel. If the end stones were wider, I can't help wondering if instead of centering on the spinel the eye would be scanning back and forth rather than focussing on the star of the show. Does that make sense?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. I love mahenge spinel, love emerald cuts, love the classic ring style. Just perfection, and I hope you wear it a lot and enjoy it. :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really glows! And the diamonds!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!

I love it!

If you forget about it again, just let me know :Up_to_something:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the design aesthetic of your Mahenge ring, LD. It really is a timeless ring, and I'm really happy you remembered to share it with us once you took some pics! :bigsmile:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
:o MAHENGE ****!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To complete the photos, the promised fluor shot!

Spinel Mahenge Fluor.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT is Mahenge **** :love: :love:

LD, if you had the side diamonds any wider, I too think it would be out of proportion with the spinel. What I'm trying to say is I think its perfect as is. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love how both the diamonds and the spinel fluorescence under UV light, this is my favourite ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Can we have a full hand shot??

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I agree with the other posters that the proportions of the diamonds are perfect - I wouldn't change them.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is very elegant! Enjoy!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
I love the mahenge and the symmetry of your setting! Very beautiful.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're crazy woman! Who forgets about a ring like that? Beautiful!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!! I love all the fluorescence! did you specifially request that? (maybe you mentioned it but i didn't see...)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - Handshot below. It's not a complete handshot but was just one that I had taken but didn't post.

All - Actually the diamonds don't fluoresce! It's the reflection of the blue from the UV blue light. I wish they did because I do love my fluorescence! :loopy: You can see the difference in the bottom photo and the diamonds that have fluor are a more solid, bright turquoise colour. The main stone (diamond) has strong fluor but most of the accent diamonds just reflect the UV light. The one at 10 o'clock in the halo has fluor as do 2 on the right hand side going down the shank and 1 on the left. I recycled the diamonds from pieces I don't wear any more so unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to pick fluor or not. If I could have done, I would!

Diamond Pear 16 Fluor.JPG

Spinel Mahenge Hand Shot.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is just gorgeous! I don't know how you could forget about it either, lol! I love the finger coverage and the striking contrast between the spinel and the diamonds....absolutely beautiful! :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the graduation of sizes and this setting design goes so well with the length/height of the Mahenge. I think the narrower width of the edge-most ECs are fine because you are definitely running out of finger real estate. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results