shape
carat
color
clarity

How closely are you following Trump's trial, and aftermath?

How closely are you following Trump's trial, and aftermath?

• Not at all

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Little

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Averagely

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Much

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Very much

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • As much as possible

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the economy isn't really stong if people are employed but can't afford the basics of housing, healthcare, and education
How about $30 an hr min? is that enough?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure the heat has been turned up on Bill Barr, but I hope it has been. His pandering to Trump while he owes his loyalty to the people of the United States undermines the principles of our government,

More heat on Bill Barr. But will it do anything?

"More than 1,100 former prosecutors and officials who served in Republican and Democratic administrations signed an open letter condemning the president and the attorney general over the Stone case."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some more results of Trump's acquittal by the Senate. Since no one put a stop to his abuse of power, he continues to ramp up the ways in which he abuses it. He is adding to the ranks of the scum he pardons every day.He is also on the road to getting more and more of this friends and the people who helped him commit crimes pardoned..

"WASHINGTON — President Trump has commuted the 14-year prison sentence of former Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois, the Democrat who was convicted of trying to essentially sell President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat for personal gain, according to a person briefed on the decision.

Mr. Trump commuted the former governor’s sentence on Tuesday and is planning on announcing it soon, taking the action after saying for years that he was considering intervening in Mr. Blagojevich’s case.

By commuting the sentence, the president would free Mr. Blagojevich from prison without wiping out the conviction. Republicans have advised the president against it, arguing that Mr. Blagojevich’s crime epitomizes the corruption that Mr. Trump had said he wanted to tackle as president.

The president’s decision came the same day that he pardoned Edward J. DeBartolo Jr., a former owner of the San Francisco 49ers who pleaded guilty in 1998 to concealing an extortion attempt and eventually surrendered control of his team.

Mr. DeBartolo, the scion of a prominent real estate development family who created one of the National Football League’s greatest dynasties, was prosecuted after agreeing to pay $400,000 in brand-new $100 bills to Edwin W. Edwards, the influential former governor of Louisiana, to secure a riverboat gambling license for his gambling consortium."

Mr. DeBartolo avoided prison but was fined $1 million and suspended for a year by the N.F.L. He later handed over the 49ers to his sister Denise DeBartolo York. His nephew Jed York currently runs the team, which made it back to the Super Bowl this year only to fall to the Kansas City Chiefs.

In conversations with advisers, Mr. Trump has also raised the prospect of commuting the sentence of Roger J. Stone Jr, his longest-serving adviser, who was convicted in November of seven felony charges, including tampering with a witness and lying under oath in order to obstruct a congressional inquiry into whether the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, yes Trump has certainly "learned his lesson." Not the one our naively credulous senator from Maine Susan Collins thought he would learn, but this one: thanks to the Republican controlled Senate he can do whatever the f*k he wants.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, yes Trump has certainly "learned his lesson." Not the one our naively credulous senator from Maine Susan Collins thought he would learn, but this one: thanks to the Republican controlled Senate he can do whatever the f*k he wants.

I lost my faith in Susan Collins about a year ago....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last fall I left Maine to move back to Texas to be near my son and granddaughter.

I never voted for Collins, who is a week older than me, I felt she was a traitor to our generation, a traitor to women and weak.

I have donated money to Sara Gideon and will continue to do so. I took personally her support of Kavanaugh for several reasons.

Trump is the leader of a kakistocracy, so incompetent to not be believed. I truly wait for the other shoe to fall, when he calls out the military against liberals. Will the military stand up to him? Certainly the republican party has given him kingly power over our country. Trump is not beholden to our Congress, thousands of attorneys are trying to stand up to him will they succeed? Today to me anyway, crossed over into a crisis of belief in our constitution, our minority elected president has gone insane.

I lost my faith in Susan Collins about a year ago....

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can any Trump supporter explain to me why this is good, Trump overturning court convictions to let corrupt politicians and modern day robber barons free?How are we as an average citizen supposed to believe our court and judicial system is fair and works, when THIS happens? This is the kind of stuff that happens in Russia with Putin's friends. I am disgusted.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to Bannon, if Trump is elected (or as we see, not convicted of impeachment) we aint seen nothing yet. He will be "off the leash" and it will be "payback" time.

Even for those who support Trump, what do you think this will do to this country? Do you think it will be good for the country to have another 4 years under a man who thinks he (and his business associates) are above the law?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even for those who support Trump, what do you think this will do to this country? Do you think it will be good for the country to have another 4 years under a man who thinks he (and his business associates) are above the law?
Give him 8 more yrs if he can keep our economy booming ...:dance:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to update my post about Trump's pardons today. In all he pardoned or commuted the sentences of eleven people. Most of them are people like him: wealthy and white collar corrupt males caught trying to soak other people for their own good. To see the complete list, click on the link below.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, repugnant though it may be, at least those voters have a reason to support the orange thing. What about the legions of trump voters who don’t even have stock portfolios?

I believe they just hate the media exaggerated image of the whiny liberal. For these Trump supporters, they have become a part of something. They are all joined in their mutual hate of the “weak” liberal. It makes them feel strong and empowered to bully as a group and to live in the mental vacuum they’ve created for themselves. Trump validates them 100%.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it’s a difference in opinion; these Trump supporters have uninformed ones, and feel personally attacked the moment they are countered with facts that threaten their world view.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good read. To sum it up, authoritative governments, the people lose the ability to elect their leaders, or hold those leaders to account. Authoratarian governments (like Russia) may still have things like elections, courts, etc. But they do not function to allow people to pick their political leaders. What the senate did, in not convicting Trump, is sliding us down to authoritarian rule. We will still have things like courts, and elections, and legislature, but they will be window dressing. What Trump is doing now, overruling legal and duly processed court trials and jury rulings (as well as choosing what legislature laws are followed, which ones are ignored, and appropriating government funds that were legislatively appropriated elsewhere) is exactly what you will see in this scenario.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, as we have seen today, Trump is the LAW.

Never in my most crazy assed thoughts about Trump did I think we would come to this. Either the left doesn't care anymore or scared. To me this is the most apalling use of presidential power ever. Not the pardons, but Trump's rampant use of words to annoint himself the final answer. Maybe Trump voters have always secretly wished for a ruler, a fuher, a despot, a ruler with an iron hand to keep out people of color, people of non christian beliefs, a despot. Maybe they've always wanted a government of one and of course the military and cops. We are not governed anymore we are ruled. Guess all the trump voters have always wanted this. I hate it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good read. To sum it up, authoritative governments, the people lose the ability to elect their leaders, or hold those leaders to account. Authoratarian governments (like Russia) may still have things like elections, courts, etc. But they do not function to allow people to pick their political leaders.
Agree, i.e. the house try to undo the 2016 election. Bunch of sore losers dems.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same thing the house and senate tried with Obama. Since Obama was such a good man they couldn't impeach him, but we all remember BENGHAZI! debacle and "he's a muslim" and "he was born in Africa" by Trump and he was voted in. Lordy, the pubs tried but couldn't get past truth.. now the House impeached Trumpski, Feel the Bern.

QUOTE="Dancing Fire, post: 4685807, member: 8220"]
Agree, i.e. the house try to undo the 2016 election. Bunch of sore losers dems.
[/QUOTE]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, of course, that Trump is attempting to take all the reins of state into his own hands like Louis XIV of France. He is not satisfied with being a constitutional monarch, but wishes to be an absolute monarch as doberman states above. And, as I have stated before, that is essentially what all dictators do.

Nonetheless, I think it is essential that we all watch what he does. As he attempts to dismantle our government, we must chronicle what he does, not let him do it in the dark. One day we will be able to undo the damage he has done, at least some of it, if we watch very carefully.

This article chronicles more of what he is doing.

I also believe we should all vote, of course. But if he wins re-election due to the quirks of the electoral college, there is still hope for a future if we chronicle what is happening. The women of Chile under the junta chronicled the story of their country in colorful arpilleras after the United States threw over their democratically elected preident Salvador Allende and ushered in a lawless and brutal dictatorship.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From "The New York Times".

"WASHINGTON — Intelligence officials warned House lawmakers last week that Russia was interfering in the 2020 campaign to try to get President Trump re-elected, five people familiar with the matter said, in a disclosure that angered Mr. Trump, who complained that Democrats would use it against him"

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup and God would be the judge of course.

If that applied to all manner of those who are intolerant it would indeed be wonderful.

voce

Ideal_Rock

I couldn't agree more with this opinion piece. Bold in the section quoted below is my emphasis.

Confused? Great. The back and forth perfectly suits Russia's original disinformation blueprint, fomenting pandemonium in US politics that turns American against American. Intelligence officials have also said that Russia is assisting the campaign of surging Democrat Sen. Bernie Sanders -- a suggestion also floated by Trump, a skilled weaver of misinformation himself.

Thickening the plot, White House aides darkly mutter that the Vermont senator honeymooned in Soviet-era Moscow. Meanwhile, Democrats are back to branding the President as a Russian puppet. The only certainty in this feud is that some Americans will see as illegitimate whatever happens in the November presidential election.

Now add chaos at the heart of the intelligence establishment: Trump is currently purging top spy chiefs whom he suspects are part of a "Deep State" plot against him. This, after he previously accepted Putin's denials about 2016 election meddling, despite his own spies' assessments.

Even at the height of the Cold War, Russian agents could only have dreamed of sowing such corrosive distrust in the heart of American democratic institutions. It must be especially sweet for Putin, the former KGB officer who bitterly watched the West triumph from his post in Dresden as East Germany dissolved.

Is Bernie going to take a stand on foreign policy and Russian interference? I've heard him speak about that at the debates exactly 0 times.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He might not have discussed it at the debates, but after he was informed that Russia was assisting his campaign, he very publicly called them out, told them to stay out of our elections, and said that he would fight their interference.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup and God would be the judge of course.

I don't care where intolerant a-holes disappear to or if they are judged at all. It's the disappearance and subsequent peace that would be sublime. But I'm a realist and know that they're here to stay, one can only dream. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results