shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I make this platinum and diamond bracelet fragment wearable again?

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I have a curved platinum and diamond bracelet fragment in my Grandmother's things. I am hoping to gather some ideas here as to how to make it whole again. Does anyone have an idea what this use to look like? Is there some way I can attach it to pearls or a piece of chain to make a wearable bracelet? I don't see any other way to use it with the curve it has.I do not want it to look cheesy.

Attachments

• 20200628_111826.jpg
    20200628_111826.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 67

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have a jeweler attach a platinum chain to its ends for a flexible bracelet. Attach rounded gold “rods” with ball at each end for another type of bracelet. You could find an old watch chain and convert it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Have a jeweler attach a platinum chain to its ends for a flexible bracelet. Attach rounded gold “rods” with ball at each end for another type of bracelet. You could find an old watch chain and convert it.

search pin conversion- you’ll see some examples!

I have one that I’ll take some photos of for you!

Thank you so much!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you have time have a nose through Santa Barbara jewler Calla Gold has on her blog
She has done some great repurposing of treasured items for clients over the years
I am wondering if you could combine that rather gorgouse fragment with some thing else of grandma's like some of her pearls or those delicouse little belt bracelets ???

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I just saved A pic what I think is a beautiful and unique conversion.
It’s now on my wish list!
2DA81BBD-8329-4928-9DAE-7B95F2A844DA.jpeg
03ABA0CD-357F-4DBF-8D1C-E668C1876A53.jpeg
If only grandma had left me a piece to start with....sigh.

That is very creative. I would not have imagined that! Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
When you have time have a nose through Santa Barbara jewler Calla Gold has on her blog
She has done some great repurposing of treasured items for clients over the years
I am wondering if you could combine that rather gorgouse fragment with some thing else of grandma's like some of her pearls or those delicouse little belt bracelets ???
I would like to use some of the pearls possibly if I have enough good ones to maybe do a double strand.I also have a platinum watch,not working that has a really pretty band. I am going to go to the blog you mentioned and try and get creative. Thanks for all the ideas and pictures!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Cuff or bangle. Check out Jewels by Grace for example. I have a few brooch conversions myself.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
You could have a double-strand of small diameter rondelles (seed pearls or coral or turquoise or any gem for that matter) added, with a clasp in the rear. Pearls would keep the Edwardian feel and the other gems would offer color and joie de vivre.

Beautiful bracelet! Enjoy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to use some of the pearls possibly if I have enough good ones to maybe do a double strand.I also have a platinum watch,not working that has a really pretty band. I am going to go to the blog you mentioned and try and get creative. Thanks for all the ideas and pictures!

Love love love it !
Looking forward to see what you end up doing

Screenshot_20200703-152640.png
https://www.callagold.com/client-stories/one-watch-to-two-pendants/

I just love what Calla does
one time she had a lady with grandma's pearls, fake and real but in really bad condition, but she was able to get enough good pearls and using a few of the fake ones to make a beautiful and wearable keepsake

I just saved A pic what I think is a beautiful and unique conversion.
It’s now on my wish list!
2DA81BBD-8329-4928-9DAE-7B95F2A844DA.jpeg
03ABA0CD-357F-4DBF-8D1C-E668C1876A53.jpeg
If only grandma had left me a piece to start with....sigh.

I absolutely LOVE this! This style definitely gets my vote, especially with the two tone. Just utterly love it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results