Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I make this platinum and diamond bracelet fragment wearable again?

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I have a curved platinum and diamond bracelet fragment in my Grandmother's things. I am hoping to gather some ideas here as to how to make it whole again. Does anyone have an idea what this use to look like? Is there some way I can attach it to pearls or a piece of chain to make a wearable bracelet? I don't see any other way to use it with the curve it has.I do not want it to look cheesy.

Attachments

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have a jeweler attach a platinum chain to its ends for a flexible bracelet. Attach rounded gold “rods” with ball at each end for another type of bracelet. You could find an old watch chain and convert it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Have a jeweler attach a platinum chain to its ends for a flexible bracelet. Attach rounded gold “rods” with ball at each end for another type of bracelet. You could find an old watch chain and convert it.

search pin conversion- you’ll see some examples!

I have one that I’ll take some photos of for you!
Thank you so much!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
When you have time have a nose through Santa Barbara jewler Calla Gold has on her blog
She has done some great repurposing of treasured items for clients over the years
I am wondering if you could combine that rather gorgouse fragment with some thing else of grandma's like some of her pearls or those delicouse little belt bracelets ???

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I just saved A pic what I think is a beautiful and unique conversion.
It’s now on my wish list!
2DA81BBD-8329-4928-9DAE-7B95F2A844DA.jpeg
03ABA0CD-357F-4DBF-8D1C-E668C1876A53.jpeg
If only grandma had left me a piece to start with....sigh.
That is very creative. I would not have imagined that! Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
When you have time have a nose through Santa Barbara jewler Calla Gold has on her blog
She has done some great repurposing of treasured items for clients over the years
I am wondering if you could combine that rather gorgouse fragment with some thing else of grandma's like some of her pearls or those delicouse little belt bracelets ???
I would like to use some of the pearls possibly if I have enough good ones to maybe do a double strand.I also have a platinum watch,not working that has a really pretty band. I am going to go to the blog you mentioned and try and get creative. Thanks for all the ideas and pictures!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
You could have a double-strand of small diameter rondelles (seed pearls or coral or turquoise or any gem for that matter) added, with a clasp in the rear. Pearls would keep the Edwardian feel and the other gems would offer color and joie de vivre.

Beautiful bracelet! Enjoy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I would like to use some of the pearls possibly if I have enough good ones to maybe do a double strand.I also have a platinum watch,not working that has a really pretty band. I am going to go to the blog you mentioned and try and get creative. Thanks for all the ideas and pictures!
Love love love it !
Looking forward to see what you end up doing

Screenshot_20200703-152640.png
https://www.callagold.com/client-stories/one-watch-to-two-pendants/

I just love what Calla does
one time she had a lady with grandma's pearls, fake and real but in really bad condition, but she was able to get enough good pearls and using a few of the fake ones to make a beautiful and wearable keepsake

I just saved A pic what I think is a beautiful and unique conversion.
It’s now on my wish list!
2DA81BBD-8329-4928-9DAE-7B95F2A844DA.jpeg
03ABA0CD-357F-4DBF-8D1C-E668C1876A53.jpeg
If only grandma had left me a piece to start with....sigh.
I absolutely LOVE this! This style definitely gets my vote, especially with the two tone. Just utterly love it!!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.