shape
carat
color
clarity

How bout this Cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m wanting a long stone and I know sometimes a cushion can have a bowtie. So, what do you think about this one?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=859250

I still can''t figure out how to actually LINK a file.

As always, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! How come I can''t get it to link? What is the correct way?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a really interesting pattern. Ask the vendor for the crown height %.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
They''re emailing me the sarin report. I''m getting very excited!
25.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you need to put a space after the address for it to link.

stone looks nice. worth looking into.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It has a HUGE table. You usually want the table to be about 10 points below the depth, and in this case it''s almost 2 over. But it''s not necessarily a dealbreaker if the stone looks amazing in person. But WOULD be something I would worry about if only buying online. Might look really glassy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto what others have said about the large table. If the crown height comes out to be 15% or higher, than it could still be a winner. Faceting pattern looks really nice, but gosh I don''t really know much about cushions.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this stone won''t have a bowtie.... in order to have a bowtie effect you need to have facets on the equitorial lines and this stone has facet junctions there. There won''t be a bowtie, but there may occasionally be an X (which is fine and normal) and for a .74 size stone I think this is THE best facet structure, will give a little more broadfire :)

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/25/2007 5:41:25 PM
Author: neatfreak
It has a HUGE table. You usually want the table to be about 10 points below the depth, and in this case it''s almost 2 over. But it''s not necessarily a dealbreaker if the stone looks amazing in person. But WOULD be something I would worry about if only buying online. Might look really glassy.
Sorry, never heard of this formula...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
On this particular cut at this particular size I think the large table will be very nice and will give a larger face up appearance. Of course - eyes rule.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/26/2007 1:42:33 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

On this particular cut at this particular size I think the large table will be very nice and will give a larger face up appearance. Of course - eyes rule.
I am with you on this assumption....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 1:01:13 AM
Author: DiaGem

Sorry, never heard of this formula...

It''s not a formula, simply a preference. Mark I think was the one that told me that this was a great combo to look for. Many on this board also like this combo. BUT as I said, it needs to be seen in person!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results