shape
carat
color
clarity

How badly do you want new BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 Scale)

How badly are you wanting a new piece of BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 scale)

• 10 - I'm obsessed, its all I think about!

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • 9 - I really, really, really want one!

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • 8 - It would lift my spirits very, very much!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 7 - It would be awesome!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 6 - It would be very nice

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • 5 - It would be nice

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 4 - It crosses my mind sometimes

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 3 - Once in a great while it crosses my mind

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 2 - I'd take one if someone gave it to me, but I don't think about it

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1 - I don't want any new bling at the moment

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love the concept of your collecting but I just realized that my collection of jewelry is totally the antithesis to yours!

I design a piece with only that piece in mind so everything is its own intense individualist. A crazy mismash of colored stone rings, a few antique inspired diamond rings and lots in between!

Also I voted a 10 - As designing my next piece of jewelry makes me incredibly happy & has been a wonderful escape from everything that's going on.

That's what makes the world go 'round! Each of us has an individual style and yours sounds romantic. I need to see some of your projects. Would love to see a "family" photo of your bling!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I decided to bling up the house instead with an interior redo -- new furniture & paint. I had contacted Brian Gavin about redesigning my diamond ring but then my cat got sick and the ring money went to his very expensive medical care.

Interior decorating lifts the spirits tremendously! I love living in a beautiful space. And of course taking care of our family (furry and otherwise) is of the utmost importance.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Your love of heart shapes is contagious! I had never thought much about them pre-PriceScope, but now I have a huge crush on them!!

Oh Gawd I can only imagine those pear shaped earrings. Gulp!!!

Ha ha sorry not sorry ;-)
The earrings yeah I can't even describe them! Like the clearest drops of water frozen and sparkling
No bowties either

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interior decorating lifts the spirits tremendously

Yes, but it's also as exhausting as trying to determine the design of a jewelry piece. Just as with jewelry, I'm working with a designer and it's been a roller coaster picking out the furniture and angsty choosing the fabrics. I started out wanting uncomplicated contemporary and ended up with tribal contemporary art deco hollywood glam mashup. I can't even imagine what that would translate to in a piece of jewelry, lol.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes, but it's also as exhausting as trying to determine the design of a jewelry piece. Just as with jewelry, I'm working with a designer and it's been a roller coaster picking out the furniture and angsty choosing the fabrics. I started out wanting uncomplicated contemporary and ended up with tribal contemporary art deco hollywood glam mashup. I can't even imagine what that would translate to in a piece of jewelry, lol.

I totally get it! We went through a major reno a few years ago and it caused my husband to get a streak of grey hairs, literally. I guess I meant having your space finished and decorated lifts the spirits! (The process, not so much!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of hearts, @RunningwithScissors I tried on a fancy yellow 8 plus ct heart ring there !

OMG! What did it feel like?

Was this in NYC?

I actually called Graff in Chicago a few months ago inquiring about how much a heart shaped solitaire pendant would be. The sales rep said they had one, 1.59 carats, E color, VS1, for $31,500! Holy moly! Too expensive for me. But I'm sure its gorgeous!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! What did it feel like?

Was this in NYC?

I actually called Graff in Chicago a few months ago inquiring about how much a heart shaped solitaire pendant would be. The sales rep said they had one, 1.59 carats, E color, VS1, for $31,500! Holy moly! Too expensive for me. But I'm sure its gorgeous!

Yes on Madison Ave in NYC
We all wore masks & the store was empty so we felt comfortable going in.

It was like a heart-shaped piece of sun on my hand! It was huge & incredible! It was set in yellow gold with tiny yellow diamonds down the sides.

The pendant was probably stunning but yes they are expensive! Fun to try on though !

Keep me posted if you end up getting something heart shaped, they're whimsical & romantic

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
I’m at a 7/8. I check PS daily, if not to post, just to lurk and lift my sport so I can I duly and live vicariously through these beautiful jewels...

In July I repurposed my original wring into 1/2 of an earring and bought a mate so I have my 2 ct + diamond studs.

But what I want now are an eternity band like the Tacori band but higher quality stones or a 5 ctACA tennis bracelet with 3 prongs.

A girl can dream !
8AB37D33-E731-4707-861E-7E8C70E8FE98.png

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the midst of a huge overhaul (unsetting stuff, reorganizing and matching up diamonds, setting newly paired up diamonds) using all diamonds I already have, so not sure where I land. Currently working on a 7+ctw GIA J-K oec bangle (7-9 across the top, most likely collet set), RG 1.7ctw oec dangles, 2.8ctw 5 stone with peruzzi center flanked by oecs, and a giant oec cluster in the works. Also setting a 10ct cushion spess once it comes back from GIA. At the same time I'm also selling off massive amounts of loose stones that don't work in any projects I've been meaning to start, so it sorta evens out.:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i said it would be very nice
and it would be.
especially if i had a money tree fruiting in the back yard
but i have prioritised things for when im working again and top of the list is sizing of rings that are a slightly too small to be worn and enjoyed and restringings - i have multiple
pearls first
then a purchase from peal paradise of of mixed colour freshwaters - this needs to be done before some things can be restrung
then more restringing
then i need to buy a few gemstone beads
then more restringing :mrgreen2:

i know i should learn to do it myself but im worried i wouldn't be neat enough or i wouldn't finish everything and ive found someone who looks promising and i have some cheaper dyed pearls waiting for a restring i can use to try her out with first

i might now be buying bling right now
but im sure still thinking about it a lot !

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
i said it would be very nice
and it would be.
especially if i had a money tree fruiting in the back yard
but i have prioritised things for when im working again and top of the list is sizing of rings that are a slightly too small to be worn and enjoyed and restringings - i have multiple
pearls first
then a purchase from peal paradise of of mixed colour freshwaters - this needs to be done before some things can be restrung
then more restringing
then i need to buy a few gemstone beads
then more restringing :mrgreen2:

i know i should learn to do it myself but im worried i wouldn't be neat enough or i wouldn't finish everything and ive found someone who looks promising and i have some cheaper dyed pearls waiting for a restring i can use to try her out with first

i might now be buying bling right now
but im sure still thinking about it a lot !

I like your list! I think it feels really good to give our loved but unworn pieces a "tune-up" so that they can be enjoyed again. I look forward to seeing your projects when you complete them!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the midst of a huge overhaul (unsetting stuff, reorganizing and matching up diamonds, setting newly paired up diamonds) using all diamonds I already have, so not sure where I land. Currently working on a 7+ctw GIA J-K oec bangle (7-9 across the top, most likely collet set), RG 1.7ctw oec dangles, 2.8ctw 5 stone with peruzzi center flanked by oecs, and a giant oec cluster in the works. Also setting a 10ct cushion spess once it comes back from GIA. At the same time I'm also selling off massive amounts of loose stones that don't work in any projects I've been meaning to start, so it sorta evens out.:lol:

You sure are busy! What a list!

I'd so love a bangle. I'm going to be waiting eagerly to see yours!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’m at a 7/8. I check PS daily, if not to post, just to lurk and lift my sport so I can I duly and live vicariously through these beautiful jewels...

In July I repurposed my original wring into 1/2 of an earring and bought a mate so I have my 2 ct + diamond studs.

But what I want now are an eternity band like the Tacori band but higher quality stones or a 5 ctACA tennis bracelet with 3 prongs.

A girl can dream !
8AB37D33-E731-4707-861E-7E8C70E8FE98.png

Both those wish-list items are incredibly classic! Same with your new studs! I like your style!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes on Madison Ave in NYC
We all wore masks & the store was empty so we felt comfortable going in.

It was like a heart-shaped piece of sun on my hand! It was huge & incredible! It was set in yellow gold with tiny yellow diamonds down the sides.

The pendant was probably stunning but yes they are expensive! Fun to try on though !

Keep me posted if you end up getting something heart shaped, they're whimsical & romantic

I love your description of the ring being like sun on your hand! So much fun!

If I had all the money in the world, or if I already owned all the other items on my core-jewelry wish list, then I'd love to get a solitaire heart pendant like Elizabeth Taylor's:

pic110.png

832e94e55bee221b61b364dc6bbf63ad.jpg

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ain't gonna lie it would be nice and I'm currently paying off an opal ring for xmas but haven't really thought too much about it this year overall.

I did however just remember I've left a bunch of stuff with Daniel M at the end of 2019 so I really need to make up my mind what to so with those.... :think:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still browsing eBay even though I can’t buy anything. The problem with Covid is that “signed for” postal delivery isn’t possible at present (here in Sydney, Australia) they just throw it on your Porch or attempt stuffing it in the letterbox (the unstuffing was not fun!).
So only items under $100.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m still browsing eBay even though I can’t buy anything. The problem with Covid is that “signed for” postal delivery isn’t possible at present (here in Sydney, Australia) they just throw it on your Porch or attempt stuffing it in the letterbox (the unstuffing was not fun!).
So only items under $100.

our couriers knock on the door before leaving parcels on the door mat
lucky we are home
jewelry does make things more complicated though

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I love your description of the ring being like sun on your hand! So much fun!

If I had all the money in the world, or if I already owned all the other items on my core-jewelry wish list, then I'd love to get a solitaire heart pendant like Elizabeth Taylor's:

pic110.png

832e94e55bee221b61b364dc6bbf63ad.jpg

Stunning!

yes totally obsessed lol!
Our move (pre covid) was put on hold but yeah I'm still checking zillow constantly lol.

My dream pieces are 3 separate ones. The first 2 are totally unobtainable (unless I win the lottery).
A pair of 4 ct each perfectly clear diamond pear earrings from Graff. Forgot to take a picture while trying it on, but it was incredible.

The second is a tennis bracelet made of heart shaped diamonds. (Was too scared to ask the price )

The third is a diamond bangle from Graff. 09_Graffiti_Everyday2000x2000px.jpg
This is their photo not mine.

It was a magical experience in the store & the sales associate was so sweet & let me try on so many beautiful things!

Pear shaped studs are stunning!! I never thought they could work but then I saw someone wearing them in a YT video (can’t remember the video) and I was like :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: They look so beautiful!

I voted 4 out of 10, currently the only person to do so, because it crosses my mind sometimes, and I guess if someone gave me bling I won’t turn it down, but...

Frankly, the price of gold is way too high and I can’t stomach the idea of paying those prices. I figure it should settle back down by next year, and I’ll restart buying bling then! If it doesn’t settle by mid-end next year I’ll move ahead on a reset project perhaps, or something with not very high gold content.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted "It would be awesome!" But I'm not really in the market to buy anything major right now. I've been researching and contemplating my 20th anni ring (for next year) and that's keeping me happily occupied. It's a welcome mood booster, especially in these dark days.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Pear shaped studs are stunning!! I never thought they could work but then I saw someone wearing them in a YT video (can’t remember the video) and I was like :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: They look so beautiful!

The best part- not studs! They were dangles (look much better on me) and each one was 4 cts!
I tried on so many other huge blingy pieces . I wish I had taken pics!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I’ve saved so much ££££ by not going on holiday this year that despite my best intentions I’ve been buying!

So far, a Burmese spinel, which I am now having great fun deciding how to set, tiny demantoid garnet earrings, and lately a gorgeous piece of Afghan Lapis! Clearly I need some colour in my life as well as bling.

Hopefully I can now settle back and enjoy what I’ve bought!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering I have not stopped or curbed my spending on blings, I voted 8, as blings lift my spirit in these crazy times!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results