shape
carat
color
clarity

How badly do you want new BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 Scale)

How badly are you wanting a new piece of BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 scale)

• 10 - I'm obsessed, its all I think about!

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • 9 - I really, really, really want one!

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • 8 - It would lift my spirits very, very much!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 7 - It would be awesome!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 6 - It would be very nice

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • 5 - It would be nice

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 4 - It crosses my mind sometimes

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 3 - Once in a great while it crosses my mind

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 2 - I'd take one if someone gave it to me, but I don't think about it

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1 - I don't want any new bling at the moment

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Right now, during month 7 of the plague, how badly do you want a new piece of bling?

Don't overthink it.

And no sermonizing please, no "we should be wishing for world peace instead."

This is simply a poll about bling, all other subjects banned!!! :P2

If you'd like to post the particular bling you are obsessing over, PLEASE do so!! :kiss2: Obsessions encouraged here!!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be very nice. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
LOL I was just talking about this. It's probably the only thing that keeps me going. Looking at bling all day everyday. Something that brightens my day (also spending way more than I should be on it!).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Shucks. This thread is a couple of months too late! Bc I would have replied 10 before my upgrade!

You have a gorgeous upgrade! Glad to hear her sparkles are keeping your spirits up. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
LOL I was just talking about this. It's probably the only thing that keeps me going. Looking at bling all day everyday. Something that brightens my day (also spending way more than I should be on it!).

That's me some days too!

It comes and goes for me, one day stronger than another.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would that be a riviera necklace? Or something else you have your eye on?

OEC studs. I’m definitely not interested in a rivière necklace anymore. I’m glad I took my time in thinking about it. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to be less impulsive re bling purchases.

I’m mulling over OEC studs. We shall see :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes agreed. It is engaging to daydream about the next potential purchase. Helps us get out of our heads and away from the worry for a short blissful while. ❤️

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
OEC studs. I’m definitely not interested in a rivière necklace anymore. I’m glad I took my time in thinking about it. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to be less impulsive re bling purchases.

I’m mulling over OEC studs. We shall see :)

OEC studs are also on my list!
Just gorgeous!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yes agreed. It is engaging to daydream about the next potential purchase. Helps us get out of our heads and away from the worry for a short blissful while. ❤

Daydream and spending! I think I have ticked off a few items off my list this year which I didn't think was possible. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay that's true, I switch between bling and real estate. Bling ends up cheaper LOL

Oh my goodness. Me too lol! Bling and Real Estate. :)
We were cycling in BayHead and Mantoloken today and I am dreaming of moving there. Think Nantucket in NJ. Lol. Of course it’s not a dream that will come true but a girl can dream. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I selected 7 out of 10.

I spend time obsessing/planning out my future set of core pieces - one for each station on my body. Not necessarily to be worn all at once, but they must go together stylistically and be proportional to one another.

1 ER (check, already have it)
1 RHR/Wedding band (need it)
1 set of studs (current ones are gorgeous, but I want to grow them in size)
1 solitaire pendant necklace (need it - east/west emerald cut diamond)
1 tennis bracelet (need it)

Planning which one to buy first when the pandemic lifts, and the exact stats of each takes my time and head space. A happy obsession.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this.
96BA7A79-B500-45C3-AB5E-0223A6166622.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I selected 7 out of 10.

I spend time obsessing/planning out my future set of core pieces - one for each station on my body. Not necessarily to be worn all at once, but they must go together stylistically and be proportional to one another.

Planning which one to buy first when the pandemic lifts, and the exact stats of each takes my time and head space. A happy obsession.

That's a smart way of going about it. Especially if you are going to spend a decent amount of money on each item. The obsession helps since it's definitely want you really really want! P.s. that sounds like a very classic list that you have there and they won't ever go out of style.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I selected 7 out of 10.

I love the concept of your collecting but I just realized that my collection of jewelry is totally the antithesis to yours!

I design a piece with only that piece in mind so everything is its own intense individualist. A crazy mismash of colored stone rings, a few antique inspired diamond rings and lots in between!

Also I voted a 10 - As designing my next piece of jewelry makes me incredibly happy & has been a wonderful escape from everything that's going on.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
yes totally obsessed lol!
Our move (pre covid) was put on hold but yeah I'm still checking zillow constantly lol.

My dream pieces are 3 separate ones. The first 2 are totally unobtainable (unless I win the lottery).
A pair of 4 ct each perfectly clear diamond pear earrings from Graff. Forgot to take a picture while trying it on, but it was incredible.

The second is a tennis bracelet made of heart shaped diamonds. (Was too scared to ask the price )

The third is a diamond bangle from Graff. 09_Graffiti_Everyday2000x2000px.jpg
This is their photo not mine.

It was a magical experience in the store & the sales associate was so sweet & let me try on so many beautiful things!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I love the concept of your collecting but I just realized that my collection of jewelry is totally the antithesis to yours!

I design a piece with only that piece in mind so everything is its own intense individualist. A crazy mismash of colored stone rings, a few antique inspired diamond rings and lots in between!

Also I voted a 10 - As designing my next piece of jewelry makes me incredibly happy & has been a wonderful escape from everything that's going on.

Oh gosh you sound like me. I try to stick to the classics but somehow they never seem to "work". But a mishmash of styles and designs do? LOL.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i was perfectly fine until 4th month of lockdown. that is when i had, had it. i decided monitoring the news was not conducive to my well being. i stopped reading the paper and all things news related

i started actively shopping for jewels. i am much happier and far less stressed for it. i am not waiting for the plague to be over. because it may not be, for quite awhile. it already feels like "life is on perpetual hold" ... at the very least let me shop and buy what pleases me

i have a project underway. and am making progress on another...

i am, eternally, grateful to be able to do so

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to bling up the house instead with an interior redo -- new furniture & paint. I had contacted Brian Gavin about redesigning my diamond ring but then my cat got sick and the ring money went to his very expensive medical care.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
yes totally obsessed lol!
Our move (pre covid) was put on hold but yeah I'm still checking zillow constantly lol.

My dream pieces are 3 separate ones. The first 2 are totally unobtainable (unless I win the lottery).
A pair of 4 ct each perfectly clear diamond pear earrings from Graff. Forgot to take a picture while trying it on, but it was incredible.

The second is a tennis bracelet made of heart shaped diamonds. (Was too scared to ask the price )

The third is a diamond bangle from Graff. 09_Graffiti_Everyday2000x2000px.jpg
This is their photo not mine.

It was a magical experience in the store & the sales associate was so sweet & let me try on so many beautiful things!

Your love of heart shapes is contagious! I had never thought much about them pre-PriceScope, but now I have a huge crush on them!!

Oh Gawd I can only imagine those pear shaped earrings. Gulp!!!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Just as I’m about to click on Reuters or CNN these days I usually stop myself and look at shiny things on IG instead.

It lowers my blood pressure but also lowers my checkbook balance. The more I buy the more I want. Fortunately most of what I like and buy now are stackers/gold bands but it adds up when you’re shopping at SS!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
i was perfectly fine until 4th month of lockdown. that is when i had, had it. i decided monitoring the news was not conducive to my well being. i stopped reading the paper and all things news related

i started actively shopping for jewels. i am much happier and far less stressed for it. i am not waiting for the plague to be over. because it may not be, for quite awhile. it already feels like "life is on perpetual hold" ... at the very least let me shop and buy what pleases me

i have a project underway. and am making progress on another...

i am, eternally, grateful to be able to do so

Can't wait to see/hear about your project!

Yes, having bling to think about is waaaaay better for our mental health. We could be obsessing about negative things we have no control over, much better to have sparkly projects. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results