shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I had pho. Oh so fragrant and hit the spot. Wolfed it down before I could take pictures, though. :razz:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Did you make it or buy it???

Chicken or beef?

Now I am craving some!!!

I had "Singapore" Noodles! Always a family favourite!

Beef, with meatballs. I bought it. Don't have the energy to cook after work from Monday-Friday. I'm up early in the morning, but am not very hungry in the mornings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beef tenderloin with Cobb salad. +wine. Then a good chat with my BFF--decades of friendship.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say we are continuing to eat very well. Not sure what the coming months will bring however with the large potential for supply chain interruptions due to the second wave of Covid 19 which is surely coming. But I am fattening up just in case to weather the leaner months need be.

Last night I enjoyed grilled langostinos, grilled zucchini fresh from my friends garden, grilled onions and mushrooms, grilled sweet potatoes and fresh avocado in a big (no huge) salad. Very satisfying and so yummy. For dessert I had ice cream. Cookie Shake flavor. Yummmm.

And needless to say the company was perfect. Rather, purrrrfect.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel incredibly silly. We are having tacos tomorrow night for dinner. I don't care for shop bought tortillas. Except I don't have time to make mine on the same day so I made them tonight and it makes me a little sad that we're not eating them fresh. But I feel very hassled when I'm trying to roll fresh tortillas on the same day.

I'm a slow and steady tortilla roller so I peace out at night and roll them all.

IMG_20200807_215100.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wen to the fish market today, bought: Digby scallops, wild sockeye salmon, halibut, Cuban lobster tails and some crab! Will saute the halibut tonight.....will go back for some sable fish.....

cheers--Sharon

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!!! @xsouzie does the rice and rambutan work??? Is there coconut milk? I love rambutan!

I'm going to make that chicken caprese salad in summer. It looks amazing!!!!!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Omg!!!! @xsouzie does the rice and rambutan work??? Is there coconut milk? I love rambutan!

I'm going to make that chicken caprese salad in summer. It looks amazing!!!!!

Yes! The original Thai recipe calls for longans but IMO, it tastes so much better with rambutan. I prefer the canned ones. Hate eating fresh rambutan. It's such a pain trying to peel it and no matter what, there's always part of the seed still stuck to the flesh. And yes, there's coconut milk. It's pretty much the same recipe as sticky rice and mango. Oh, if you're a fan of durian, it tastes HEAVENLY with sticky rice!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Bake and made a few things this week, but didn’t get pictures for everything.

spicy beef empanadas, Moco loco (no
rice because dh and I are all eating low-carb these couple of weels. I made keto flan (not pictured) and keto brownies with almond flour.
F36BB898-A183-48FA-AC9A-601E95A0ADF0.jpeg D8E7D93C-6106-4260-A1CA-7FBA57957AF9.jpeg E7FD6BD8-5E7E-4203-BB8D-0126EE690546.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a super yummy snickers slice today. Its a raw vegan recipe...I'm about as far from vegan as one can get, but I love these kinds of recipes, plus I try to cut out refined sugar wherever I can, yet don't deny myself the odd treat! This is cashews, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, dates, oats, peanut butter, tahini, vanilla, salted peanuts and dark chocolate, in 3 layers. And it totally tastes like a snickers!!

20200811_180930.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
back to appleslaw tonight
added pumpkin seeds and blueberries (frozen)
Gary didn't eat all of his
it was Gary's birthday yesterday and as usual he got a collection of hot sauces, pickles and continents
tonight i stuffed some of the pappadew sweet hot South African peppers with sour cream -
they are soooo good - the juice in the bottle is to die for

Peppadew-Peppers.jpg peppadew-piquante-pepper-mild-whole-400g.png
Gary likes the hotter one, not mild

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
back to appleslaw tonight
added pumpkin seeds and blueberries (frozen)
Gary didn't eat all of his
it was Gary's birthday yesterday and as usual he got a collection of hot sauces, pickles and continents
tonight i stuffed some of the pappadew sweet hot South African peppers with sour cream -
they are soooo good - the juice in the bottle is to die for

Peppadew-Peppers.jpg peppadew-piquante-pepper-mild-whole-400g.png
Gary likes the hotter one, not mild

They are my favorite too! Have your tried stuffing them with goat cheese?

I tasted them the first time like this in Hungary and fell in love!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are my favorite too! Have your tried stuffing them with goat cheese?

I tasted them the first time like this in Hungary and fell in love!

i usually do cream cheese - they sell them at the supermarket deli with feta but i don't like feta
i must try it goat cheese =)2
i must admit the attraction of the sour cream was they were eaiser to stuff than cream cheese

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results