shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love corn
That looks so good
like summer on a plate

Corn is the first food i really remember loving
i even had a corn teething rattle thing
i remember one year mum and dad blanched and frooze lots of fresh corn - i think every cob has a tiny little bite out of it :mrgreen2:

When i was a kid mum would cut the corn from the cob and leave them kinda still joined together and call them caterpillars

Right now im finishing a jar of peanut butter with a teaspoon.

Oooh did someone say corn on the cob? :lickout:

cornoncobjuly2017.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Confession time...I’m a terrible baker! The last thing I baked were ginger cookies, and I completely misread the recipe and used twice the butter that the recipe called for. My friend and I were so confused when our dough just wouldn’t come together.

I love it! One time in college I was so proud of myself to make chocolate pies. I doubled the recipe but somehow double double the butter. I was like why are the centers still jiggly after cooking like 2 hours lol?! My bf then, now ex husband, was like hey this is delicious, he was a good sport and I think he meant it! I mean what college guy wouldn't want an extra buttery chocolate pie lol?!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! One time in college I was so proud of myself to make chocolate pies. I doubled the recipe but somehow double double the butter. I was like why are the centers still jiggly after cooking like 2 hours lol?! My bf then, now ex husband, was like hey this is delicious, he was a good sport and I think he meant it! I mean what college guy wouldn't want an extra buttery chocolate pie lol?!

Extra butter is a feature, not a flaw! :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had some old eggs to finish, and a big block of smoked Gouda I just didn’t love - it was too sharp to eat straight. Enter the frittata! Bacon included.

975477B3-1DE4-4150-9BB0-47FB80B5AF82.jpeg 4D34483F-7F1D-4B6D-BC89-A7369E75CF21.jpeg

Ill be right over

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad is doing cooking therapy.
A7A56C46-9C0A-4F27-9632-36E5D8858E2E.jpeg
BBQ pork Chinese style
Beef and green beans
Mapo tofu with pork belly
Chicken stuffed eggplant
Choy sum
Pork belly with shrimp paste
And brown rice

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom this could be my family’s dinner, down to the Corelle plates! ::)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol-2: Its 12.30 am
Is it too late or too early to bake bread ?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My daughter found this amazing brown sugar boba (giant tapioca ball) milk tea popsicles at an Asian market, and it is so addictive. I’m eating this while working.... 426AD216-A3E9-407F-9610-AA2FD0F4F106.jpeg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
View attachment 760734
My daughter found this amazing brown sugar boba (giant tapioca ball) milk tea popsicles at an Asian market, and it is so addictive. I’m eating this while working....

LOL I had to look twice I thought it was a baguette with blueberries in it :twirl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Six months latter but a day too eaely for midwinter we had my little Christmas pudding for breakfast yesterday
I had no idea how to serve fried Christmas pudding but we had some left over cream and my rhubarb raspberry orange compot and i cooked up some bacon

It had matured really lovelly, it held its shape when i took it out of the tin and sliced up like a million dollars

i had boiled them in fruit tins to make small puddings
the rum im the pudding smelled good browning in the butter in the pan
They looked like black pudding slices 20200619_102813.jpg

I still have 3 more in the back of the freezer
Gary was not all that keen and told me all about his English mum's version
But i thought it was tasty

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 6.49.09 AM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so good to see you back here @msop04 . I’m glad to hear you are doing well.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just had chocolate mug cake, i should have taken a picture of it cooking in the microwave ......

i use the recepie with the egg, up the flour slightly and split the recepie between two large coffee mugs otherwise you get cake all over the inside of the microwave
Rather than nutella I used up the end of my rasberry and rhubarb conserve and used whisky instead of vinilla and added chocolate chips

Again should have taken a picture but you gotta eat it instantly or yum turns to chocolatly rubber !

Gary said he could have done with more cream

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixed greens dressed with olive oil and vinegar, with mozzarella, Early Girl tomatoes, and smoked duck breast on top.
B3F17ACF-6C84-483B-A85D-AF3747EA9A9D.jpeg

OMG that DUCK. I haven't had duck in years and now I want it. DROOL.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Mixed greens dressed with olive oil and vinegar, with mozzarella, Early Girl tomatoes, and smoked duck breast on top.
If you smoked that duck yourself, then I want a recipe! :lickout:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

I actually brought my teens in to see this deliciousness and was trying to talk it up so we can try something similar. They nodded and patronized me for three whole minutes and then looked at me and said, "We want tacos." :evil: Philistines! Vampire Philistines!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually brought my teens in to see this deliciousness and was trying to talk it up so we can try something similar. They nodded and patronized me for three whole minutes and then looked at me and said, "We want tacos." :evil: Philistines! Vampire Philistines!

:lol: Well good, it means you don’t have to share!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0AC2003D-4C18-416D-AE87-BCE5DB8AD058.jpeg

It’s called water spinach and I think only people from a certain geographical area knows what it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results