shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope no one minds me continuing to share our ice cream with you. As you might be able to figure out from the photos I am sharing here we enjoy ice cream. Very much. :lickout:

Our dish of the day. Oh so good.
Cherry Vanilla (Greg) on the right and Salted caramel with Madagascar Vanilla (all mine) on the left.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 3.41.23 PM.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6A3DA142-E05D-4430-AA8B-08D0FC8EB6E0.jpeg

Double cooked pork with leek. Recipe modified to be less spicy for the children and I used leaner meat instead of pork belly for health reasons.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I finally made carbonara! I got some fresh eggs yesterday so that kicked me into gear. I did a combo of pecorino and parm, one whole egg with two yolks, and a generous amount of guanciale. I didn’t let the pan cool off enough and cooked the eggs a smidge more than I should’ve, but it still tasted good. Too rich, even.

Dinner will be a corn, tomato, and avocado salad for some balance.
CEDA6AA0-0469-4CB9-98C4-4D9C76115E07.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I finally made carbonara! I got some fresh eggs yesterday so that kicked me into gear. I did a combo of pecorino and parm, one whole egg with two yolks, and a generous amount of guanciale. I didn’t let the pan cool off enough and cooked the eggs a smidge more than I should’ve, but it still tasted good. Too rich, even.

Dinner will be a corn, tomato, and avocado salad for some balance.
CEDA6AA0-0469-4CB9-98C4-4D9C76115E07.jpeg

Carbonera = rich! Those eggs look devine. Yum!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carbonera = rich! Those eggs look devine. Yum!!

I think next time I’m going to try just one egg and one yolk. I ended up with way too much sauce anyway.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness me, there's some luscious food in this thread!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
SO, after looking at this whole thread I've decided that it's best that I come and live with all of you!
I know that you'll all be fighting for time so I think it best we work out a scheduled rotation.
Who's first? I'm hungry :lol: :mrgreen:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO, after looking at this whole thread I've decided that it's best that I come and live with all of you!
I know that you'll all be fighting for time so I think it best we work out a scheduled rotation.
Who's first? I'm hungry :lol: :mrgreen:

I got a full leg of jamon Iberico on my ham stand with your name on it. ;)2

I’m lucky that a few good friends live walking-distance from me. We’ve done food swaps to diversify things a bit. I’ve gotten egg rolls, homemade bacon & spam, brioche, braised beef shank...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Excuse me while a Homer Simpson a minute...Mmmm, delicious ham.
You are, you are!
I'm just so lazy about food prep. right now. I am all about eyeball coveting this thread.
We eat a decently varied 'home' menu, we do, but not. like. this.... :drool:

Volute

Rough_Rock
I'm so hungry and so impressed by all of you magical people. I keep telling myself that I have more time now and I need to cook better food, and then end up just eating more ingredients.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think next time I’m going to try just one egg and one yolk. I ended up with way too much sauce anyway.

FWIW I only use yolks. When I first making carbonera, I didn't use any heavy crème. But my family like it saucy vs. dry.

Volute

Rough_Rock
:lol: OMG that’s totally how I feel when I mess up a recipe!

Haha, but wait, you're one of the magical people! A whole leg of Iberico ham! Food swaps!! Multi-colored eggs!!! Where did my life go wrong? :lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I only use yolks. When I first making carbonera, I didn't use any heavy crème. But my family like it saucy vs. dry.
I have a feeling that container of egg whites in my fridge is going to grow bigger... Might need to make a frittata or something.

Haha, but wait, you're one of the magical people! A whole leg of Iberico ham! Food swaps!! Multi-colored eggs!!! Where did my life go wrong? :lol:
:lol: Make friends with people who live to eat and love to cook!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling that container of egg whites in my fridge is going to grow bigger... Might need to make a frittata or something.

:lol: Make friends with people who live to eat and love to cook!

Or a small angel food cake. Or meringue.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or a small angel food cake.

Confession time...I’m a terrible baker! The last thing I baked were ginger cookies, and I completely misread the recipe and used twice the butter that the recipe called for. My friend and I were so confused when our dough just wouldn’t come together.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made my favorite summer salad to balance out the heavy lunch. Corn cut fresh from the cob and sautéed in olive oil, blistered tomatoes, and avocado, seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and a splash of lemon juice:

1C73A8B0-27BE-4AD6-8D9B-5B38B07A91E6.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Made my favorite summer salad to balance out the heavy lunch. Corn cut fresh from the cob and sautéed in olive oil, blistered tomatoes, and avocado, seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and a splash of lemon juice:

1C73A8B0-27BE-4AD6-8D9B-5B38B07A91E6.jpeg
I love corn
That looks so good
like summer on a plate

Corn is the first food i really remember loving
i even had a corn teething rattle thing
i remember one year mum and dad blanched and frooze lots of fresh corn - i think every cob has a tiny little bite out of it :mrgreen2:

When i was a kid mum would cut the corn from the cob and leave them kinda still joined together and call them caterpillars

Right now im finishing a jar of peanut butter with a teaspoon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds you’re right! Sadly, I had no bread on hand.

Sounds like you were a little corn vampire!

The worst is i had a problem with my front top teeth and they had to get rebuilt
Its the 2nd time over about 16 or 17 years but when the dentist fixed them last year she said next time it will be more costly so i avoid corn on the cob now and eat hard fruit with a knife

but then your salad would be no problem :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results