shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Haha it's on the menu of all the Chinese restaurants here! I really want to know how/why/who branded stir fried noodles with curry powder "Singaporean noodles"!

In Chinese those noodles are called 星州炒米粉 and it sounds like "Sin Chew", which apparently refers to some locale in Malaysia. I think someone not familiar with SE Asia mistranslated it to Singapore, and somehow the name stuck because more English-speakers know where Singapore is and don't want to deal with some place they don't know where it is.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Not very healthy...high cholesterol, but ...:lickout:

Crab legs from Costco

IMG_1092.jpg

Roast duck
IMG_1096.jpg

Shark fin soup
IMG_1103.jpg

I could get behind the other two, but is that real shark fin? Is there such a thing as imitation shark fin? Don't want to make this political, but I can't cheer for consumption habits that are leading to extinction of entire species just to satisfy taste buds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could get behind the other two, but is that real shark fin? Is there such a thing as imitation shark fin? Don't want to make this political, but I can't cheer for consumption habits that are leading to extinction of entire species just to satisfy taste buds.
These shark fins were purchased 15 yrs ago. Yes there are imitation shark fins too.

voce

Ideal_Rock
You can save $2 per lb by buying a box of 10 lbs.

I would not have the courage to buy that much at one time. But I think your family is bigger than mine. :P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not have the courage to buy that much at one time. But I think your family is bigger than mine. :P2
Take out what you can eat and keep the rest in the freezer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First try at making this style of dish. I’ll have to make more sauce next time.

B8AA5ED5-DF3F-4BAA-8C6E-0608CB02DE90.jpeg

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
First try at making this style of dish. I’ll have to make more sauce next time.

B8AA5ED5-DF3F-4BAA-8C6E-0608CB02DE90.jpeg

Awesome...I made that too!! I find you don't really need much sauce once it sinks and gets mixed together at the bottom. Had mine with braised drumsticks..
IMG_20200521_2225069.jpg
Also pad kee mao (drunken stirfry) noodles with beef..
IMG_20200522_1818172.jpg
And khao soi. This is Laotian style made with a tomato based broth as opposed to Thai style, which has a curry and coconut milk broth..
IMG_20200524_0029171.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok I may not be cut out for baking, even during quarantine. I finally got my hands on some yeast so decided to make bread. Just a simple white loaf. 1st, as soon as I put it in the oven I knew I messed it up somehow. It wasn't risen enough and I think I also undercooked it. I tried to salvage it but in the end it was just gross so got tossed.

2nd attempt was made immediately, following the recipe more carefully this time. Loaf was HUGE, surely something went wrong somewhere. It tasted better than first but still was bland and smelled yeasty. I kept it thinking ill make some French toast tomorrow for the kiddos.

I just finished watching more YouTube videos trying to figure out what I did wrong. Luckily all the recipes seem simple enough that I'm still open to giving it another go. LOL!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I may not be cut out for baking, even during quarantine. I finally got my hands on some yeast so decided to make bread. Just a simple white loaf. 1st, as soon as I put it in the oven I knew I messed it up somehow. It wasn't risen enough and I think I also undercooked it. I tried to salvage it but in the end it was just gross so got tossed.

2nd attempt was made immediately, following the recipe more carefully this time. Loaf was HUGE, surely something went wrong somewhere. It tasted better than first but still was bland and smelled yeasty. I kept it thinking ill make some French toast tomorrow for the kiddos.

I just finished watching more YouTube videos trying to figure out what I did wrong. Luckily all the recipes seem simple enough that I'm still open to giving it another go. LOL!

it might taste ok tomorrow or toasted

i found this recepie from necessity but its so easy and yummy i plan to keep making it (but its not nice made with ginger ale)
and i didn't use a bread machine or even an electric mixer, just a spatula

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

I made sourdough bread on Mother’s Day turned out perfect. Made it again the other day for our clams & pasta dinner and the dough did not rise. Same ingredients. Baking is a funny thing sometimes, isn’t it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying Ice cream continuing on our part. :bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.11.48 AM.png

:lickout:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smoked everything for dinner last night! Cornish game hens in a lemon/balsamic/honey glaze with fresh corn (mine removed for ease of eating since I can't eat it if left on) in ancho butter, and cauliflower & carrots with onions. All of it cooked on the smoker. Served along with homemade challah. (DH eats bread. I mostly can't.)

IMG_20200529_225015532.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smoked everything for dinner last night! Cornish game hens in a lemon/balsamic/honey glaze with fresh corn (mine removed for ease of eating since I can't eat it if left on) in ancho butter, and cauliflower & carrots with onions. All of it cooked on the smoker. Served along with homemade challah. (DH eats bread. I mostly can't.)

IMG_20200529_225015532.jpg

Yuuummm....this seriously makes my mouth water!:lickout:

How do you make the glaze please?

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yuuummm....this seriously makes my mouth water!:lickout:

How do you make the glaze please?

It is delicious!

I dump a bunch of balsamic into a pan and reduce. Add juice of one lemon and a big spoon of honey and keep lightly simmering until thick.

The recipe I adapted this from has you spoon it on 20 minutes to done, but it usually slides right off. This time, I set them right down in the sauce and spooned it on both sides. Sitting in it got a good layer soaked in so when I put it in the oven to stay warm until serving, it just stayed in place. One last spoon over as plating. Worked great!

The chickens (or turkey... Greath for Thanksgiving!) get salt/pepper/oil and roast (or cook on smoker) until nearly cooked. Then add glaze.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results