shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you coping with isolation?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I think it's hard because it's a cycle. I'm not a super social person, but being just in the house with only one other, only going out for groceries is.... Tiresome. It's a loop and it's boring. We have a stay at home order and not being able to go get something to even do a house project stinks. I have a window bench in the office of our new house. The cats love it. I was thinking I could go and get foam, fabric, etc and make something and then realized I can't. Suddenly not having the ability to do stuff is a big change.

This is the area I wanted to make them a cushion. Because I'm weird.

I agree. With all of it, but especially making a cozy window seat for you and your kitty cats :)

Yeah, peat and repeat. I hear ya there!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the encouragement missy :)
I got out today sourcing food, and feel a bit better. The weather has tanked here, and am more house bound than usual.

I hope you are managing ok too, and keeping your mental health up. This is one of our biggest challenges as a human race, and it's...tiring. I'm so humbled now when I think of catastrophes/wars etc, and how humanity coped. Hero's that I never really acknowledged. I feel like I've had my head in the sand, and now that it's out the light is so bright I can barely see.

Take a breath and forge on as you say. Roger that missy. If I forget to ever say it, you're one of my hero's. For being here for us all, consistently.

You are too generous @Begonia and thank you. PSers are amazing and encouraging and uplifting and we are always here for each other. I love that. It really helps us get through challenging times and this is one of the most challenging times I can remember. I spoke with a dear friend yesterday who is older (in her late 70s) and a retired psychologist. She also has Parkinson's and had brain surgery for it a few years ago and was due to have another brain surgery as her symptoms are once again getting worse. That surgery was scheduled for March 30th and of course has been canceled/postponed. She is a very strong and wonderful individual and I love her so much. Well, she told me she is depressed. That is unusual for her but so understandable especially given her health issues. Anyway we had a great conversation and I hope it lifted her spirits as it did mine. The human connection is super powerful and not to be underestimated. We will help each other get through this one day, one hour, at a time.

@elizat oh your cats will love a window seat. Greg made our cats one at the beach and they loved sitting there so much of the time. Can you order the supplies you need to make them the window seat?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something else to do: I have decided on my Crimbo card design for this year, and can start making them. :bigsmile:

Also ordered a reclining chair and cup holder so that I could sit in the garden. I already have a sun brolly for it bought a couple of years ago intended for camping use.

I shall clean the BBQ and replace the rusted grill etc. so that I could use it. The pressure washer will be put to good use for certain!

The dog will be happy as it means he will have access to his paddling pool in the garden.

Looking forward to use my garden again. It has been neglected for past 10 years or so after a life changing event, and it is a good time for it to be revived.

DK :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m literally looking at paint by numbers kits y’all...this stuff’s gettin crazy up in here!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered a cross stitch kit, just a simple rainbow, and it comes with a frame, to remind me to be thankful for what I have.

DK :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's hard because it's a cycle. I'm not a super social person, but being just in the house with only one other, only going out for groceries is.... Tiresome. It's a loop and it's boring. We have a stay at home order and not being able to go get something to even do a house project stinks. I have a window bench in the office of our new house. The cats love it. I was thinking I could go and get foam, fabric, etc and make something and then realized I can't. Suddenly not having the ability to do stuff is a big change.

I hear you! The reason I am such a stellar introvert is because I love projects.
Meanwhile, cannot get materials for projects. New garden, ready to turn the soil and plant, but no tools or plants. If only I had not put off buying garden supplies. Ah well.

At least we are all in this together and eventually it will be better!
Yesterday made this tableau out of my recyle bin contents and junk drawer for amusement, but would really like to be doing something a little more productive!
55DEACCB-C274-4FBB-9375-FE6F90E3A7FB.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I feel like I'm taking stir crazy pills. Just knowing you can't go anywhere (mixed with a bit of fear) does a number on your head.

not so cheery--Sharon

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal Oh yes, can totally relate!
I love my husband and son very much but being cooped up is doing a bit of a number on me too! :loopy:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lost our internet for 20 minutes today. It was a breaking point for everyone all at once! The cable company was saying they could get a tech out by Tuesday. Tuesday! We have 2 people WFH too. I almost snapped. I just finished reading a book today, I had nothing to do for 20 minutes. Ugh.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even the peeps are upset about social isolation!

IMG_8048.JPG

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer the question today....

Nope...not coping very well anymore :wall:

Seems to be the theme here today.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, I feel you, it's exhausting and energy depleting being in isolation for so long. Try taking a drive, we took a drive today and it helps especially on a nice day, a little music and it really lightens the mood.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walking really helps brighten the mood. We walked 6 miles today and it was glorious. More people wearing masks and many actually following the 6 foot rule. We still had to actively avoid people but not as many as usual since more people were being considerate.

@lyra I definitely would lose it should we lose internet.

@Slick1 wish we could take walks together.

@StephanieLynn yummmmm

4B1EC230-A47C-4BAC-9295-CB7D920A341C.jpeg
DDB6028F-4454-403B-89EC-A74CAE213D17.jpeg
2698D3D7-30EC-429A-A70B-BF2D13CEE4BE.jpeg
967A724C-8CC6-466C-868F-6C37554F4C9F.jpeg

And you can see people are wearing masks finally!

429D46B7-224D-4E3D-B4E3-E771935F86B9.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's rough with no end in sight and being worried about my future economic prospects.

For me it's not about being allowed out to go shopping, eating out or even seeing friends again. I'm more stressing about what basic everyday life will look like in terms of budgets, my child's schooling.

But I tell myself I'm in a lovely house with lots of amenities. There are people stuck in apartments who tell me their kids can't go outside to play! We're all stressed. I'm not a special snowflake. Virtually everyone is in the same boat.

I think knowing that this didn't happen through my poor decision making also helps. It just happened. Happened to everyone. It's not like I made poor choices.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm grateful my kids are grown. I couldn't begin to imagine how hard it is with kids who are school age or younger. I'd surely crack up.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, liquor stores in our state are considered essential and started delivering. That should tell you how well parents are handling being home with the kids here lol!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been doing a lot of stress baking. To avoid stress eating I am dropping off baked goods on the doorsteps of friends and neighbors. Some of them are overwhelmed with kids suddenly home or job/economic situations and a little bag of goodies is appreciated. Besides I’m a person who DOES things when things go south. This is the most useless I’ve felt when I know so many people who are struggling. I do get out twice a week to another isolated location to pack meals so that is a little change of scenery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, liquor stores in our state are considered essential and started delivering. That should tell you how well parents are handling being home with the kids here lol!

In our state too. I wonder if there is a state where it isn't considered essential? Not to sound like a worried wanda but I am concerned with the increased potential of domestic violence now that liquor is free flowing when hardly anything else is...in my mind it doesn't make too much sense but who am I? A nobody. Just sharing my concerned thoughts.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If our state not only are the liquor stores open, they have special hours for the elderly (hey, grandma gotta have a little nip too in all this!) AND the restaurants are allowed to include alcohol with carry out. So if you order a cocktail with your dinner you get it in a to-go cup. Everybody's driving around with a jack and coke in the cup holder. Welcome back to the 70s! Oh, and AND, if you send your kid (high school) to get the pick up they give it to them without even batting an eye. (I have this on good authority. Unfortunately TR's 13 year old can't drive my SUV so I haven't tried this out myself.)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listening to Gov. Cuomo talk about cabin fever this morning made me realize I’m doing well for being stuck in the house for 3 weeks even though there are times it weighs heavy on my mind.

I’ve seen only a couple people outside or in cars the past three weeks. Everyone is stayIng inside in our area. I’m hoping this protects everyone.

Wow @Dee*Jay , Who would have thought it would ever be permitted to have open liquor in a vehicle? I hadn’t heard about any of this.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing okay today. My daughter reports that mask usage is way up at the grocery store. Including homemade and even just bandanas. So that's good to hear. Some people are taking this more seriously, as they should.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We drove to a near by park today just to walk a bit with the kids. It's usually a very busy park but it was pretty empty today, we ran into maybe 10 people while we were there. There were signs about social distancing and people definitely went around each other when passing by. Playground inside was blocked off which is good.

It was really nice outing, until my little one touched a bench and DH freaked out about it. One of us may not survive this pandemic... :???:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m literally looking at paint by numbers kits y’all...this stuff’s gettin crazy up in here!
I looked at those when I was home after an accident! That and a calligraphy kit. LOL!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing okay today. My daughter reports that mask usage is way up at the grocery store. Including homemade and even just bandanas. So that's good to hear. Some people are taking this more seriously, as they should.

Same here. More people (in North Brooklyn at least) are wearing masks. And also more are practicing active social distancing. While Greg and I had to remain vigilant (as runners seem to think they are exempt from this 6 foot rule) it was definitely easier walking yesterday.

NYC is still keeping their parks open but some are limiting the number of people allowed in at a time so that is a step in the right direction. They are still recommending going outside for fresh air and walks as long as one practices social distancing and wears a mask. Not everyone is wearing a mask still but the numbers of people who are has increased at least.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer the question today....

Nope...not coping very well anymore :wall:

Seems to be the theme here today.

(((HUGS))) dear @Slick1 hope today is a better day and the week a good one. Stay well and stay safe. Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We drove to a near by park today just to walk a bit with the kids. It's usually a very busy park but it was pretty empty today, we ran into maybe 10 people while we were there. There were signs about social distancing and people definitely went around each other when passing by. Playground inside was blocked off which is good.

It was really nice outing, until my little one touched a bench and DH freaked out about it. One of us may not survive this pandemic... :???:

LOL thank you for making me smile. I always say if my DH worried more I could worry less. If you think of it that way perhaps you can put a positive spin on your DH's concern. :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im really struggling today
I had to go grocery shopping (i did finally get some flour - the flour mills ran out of retail sized bags so there has been no flour for 2 weeks - one mill sold 5 years worth of retail packs in 4 days)
Its so streesful because even though the shop had the 'one out one in' thing going on the few customers shopping all seemed to want into my personal space
And things were alot more exspensive compaired to where we usually shop but its inpossible to get an online delivery and i didn't want to go into town until we have to
so this is how i feel tonight
Screenshot_20200408-204351.png

Oh honey big big big hugs

It's rough. Very rough.

I struggle a lot too some days. I think the majority of us do. Hang in there. You're allowed to be miserable.

Tell us about it and we'll send you all the virtual hugs.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results