shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this for a spacer?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

You may recall me asking a little while ago about how to safely wear my two baby rings together (pictured below). The half eternity is wg and the solitaire platinum, and added to that, the girdles on the half eternity damage the platinum band :blackeye: But I adore how they look worn together! Right now, this is my only true wedding set so I would like to wear them like this often.

How do you think a spacer like the pictured will look/work? It is 1mm wide and tapers to a very thin knife edge and has a lovely milgrain detail on the edge, and it is 2mm tall, which is the same as the half eternity. It would be 14k white gold.

The picture comes from RavensRefuge on Etsy, but Lotsofsparkle has a similar band from Leon.

dreamerryderring12.jpg

ravensreachband.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the spacer again, hopefully bigger (hate the side bar shrinking pics :nono: ).

ravensreachband.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I just squealed! :lol: I think that it's perfect, it would hardly be noticeable at between your rings, so the harmony wouldn't be disrupted by the spacer.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god that's beautiful! I love raven's refuge... I can't see that ring for sale on her site though -which page is it on?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My only real concern is how tall to make the spacer. The diamond band is 2mm tall where the diamonds are, but the band is 1.6mm on the palm side. I don't want the little knife edge to poke me! But it needs to be at least as tall as the diamonds, right?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect to me - nice find! Don't know about the height - as long as it's tall enough to keep the rings apart, would it really have to be as tall as the diamond band? Guess you could ask the maker about that detail.

I love the spacer though - I think that's the best one I've ever seen!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
JuneRose|1318375798|3038110 said:
Oh my god that's beautiful! I love raven's refuge... I can't see that ring for sale on her site though -which page is it on?

It is not on their website, I contacted them for a quote and they sent it to me. I will suggest that they list it because I think it is an item MANY PSers would want. The price was very reasonable for a hand forged piece (I believe their work is hand forged, they make their own metal)!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
hmmm, I'm not sure about the height but I think that MGR might be right, as long as it keeps the two rings from touching than you won't have the risk of diamonds rubbing along the band.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1318376029|3038114 said:
Looks perfect to me - nice find! Don't know about the height - as long as it's tall enough to keep the rings apart, would it really have to be as tall as the diamond band? Guess you could ask the maker about that detail.

I love the spacer though - I think that's the best one I've ever seen!

I agree.

I suppose it does not have the be the same height, but I *hate* when my rings are not all the same height. Granted, this one would be pretty inconspicuous when worn, but still it would bug me to have it shorter I think. Wish I could try it, but I can't really afford to but it and have it not work, ya know?

I think I would also use it with my Aurora band if I wanted to stack something!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1318376261|3038116 said:
JuneRose|1318375798|3038110 said:

It is not on their website, I contacted them for a quote and they sent it to me. I will suggest that they list it because I think it is an item MANY PSers would want. The price was very reasonable for a hand forged piece (I believe their work is hand forged, they make their own metal)!

I love the color of the gold, it looks creamy to me in the pics. I was just going to mention, before I saw your post that I think that the vendor is going to have lots of request!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful spacer! :love: I want one, too! I hope they start listing them on their site.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The knife edge is beautiful!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think the width is great! Will the milgrain draw attention to it though? Since the point is to have it disappear?

As for the height, I've got a knife edged band that I wear with my wedding ring, and they're not the same height. The only time I notice is if I happen to have my hand cranked sideways while staring at them, LOL! And the knife edge really makes it disappear.

ETA: re-read what you said. If the height matches the eternity, I think it's 100% perfect. You won't notice it on your palm at all.

ETAA: Don't make it shorter - it'll bug you visually, IMO.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's a great spacer! Agree w/Dani about the height matching the eternity. What a great look..they'll get a ton of requests!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina the picture is yellow gold hence the creamy look!

What say ye... milgrain or no?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have a well known prejudice against milgrain, so I'll keep out of it. :wacko:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hard question...I say yes to the milgrain as it makes it look really special.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1318381838|3038193 said:
Hard question...I say yes to the milgrain as it makes it look really special.

I just wonder if it will even be noticable at all?

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
2 mm seems too high. Do you think that it needs to be as high as the diamonds on your eternity ring, or will the width of the spacer be enough to keep the rings apart? The 2:1 ratio could make the knife edge very sharp and uncomfortable. Normally I wouldn't like milgrain on a space, but I think it would like nice with your particular set. It probably won't be very noticeable, though. BTW, your baby rings look great together!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh, I really like it! I would get it with milgrain because the milgrain looks really well done in the picture.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1318380260|3038176 said:
Christina the picture is yellow gold hence the creamy look!

What say ye... milgrain or no?

haha I thought it looked a lot like Yssies unplated white gold wedder.

I vote milgrain, I actually think that you probably won't really notice it anyway, and if you decide to stack it with other rings it will be a really pretty touch.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a great option for a spacer with your two rings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm re: comfort I will ask lotsofsparkle, her Leon spacer is these same proportions.

GAH it is "luv2sparkle" who has the spacer like this

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dreamer! It is perfect, just what you wanted! It is exactly like mine minus the curve! I would go for the milgrain. It adds a nice finishing touch. You will barely notice it. I love it. 2mm height is perfect. Any smaller and it would give you enough protection between
your rings.

As for comfort. I don't even know it's there. So it is very comfortable.

So glad you were able to find one. Seriously, this jeweler could make a small fortune just from PS'ers ordering these. I am so surprised our regular vendors never caught on to this.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it and yes milgrain!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Great find! Normally, I'd say no on the milgrain but it looks ah-maaaa-zing on the pic you posted, so for this particular ring I'd go for it! It's subtle but looks like it would be a really nice touch.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Brave it without the spacer. It's so beautiful without.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1318466212|3038922 said:
Brave it without the spacer. It's so beautiful without.

Eerrgh... but Charmy it is already scratching the solitaite after like 2 wears??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a plain 1.8 or 2mm wg band? I'd really think a 3rd thin band might be more complementary than the knife edge one.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The knife edge makes it less noticeable. A 1 mm band that is rounded will be more noticeable than the knife edge, IMO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results