shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this for a spacer?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant I like the look of 2 bands when they are thin. I have worn a plain and a diamond band for years with a diamond solitaire.

(I would want a practically invisible one if I had pave rings,though, because a 3rd band might be too much or just not go with it at all.)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I love the milgrain on it. Get it and post pics!!! I need something like that!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I REALLY like that, and I do think it would be less noticeable than the 1mm "sol" band. can this seller make it less tall?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1318509973|3039248 said:
I REALLY like that, and I do think it would be less noticeable than the 1mm "sol" band. can this seller make it less tall?

I suppose they could. It is custom.

If I order a ring like this I plan to order from Micheal E of Gem Shoppe, his price was the most reasonable and since I do not consider this a proprietary design, I think I can go with any vendor.

I am not sure yet what to do. I want to wear the rings but do not want to see or notice the spacer, which is why I thought this design was best. A 1mm gap with a thin milgrain knife egde down the center would be all but invisible. But NOT invisible, KWIM? Maybe I should just risk the damage, but that would be so sad!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really pretty!

Would you consider rose gold? I find that certain rose gold mixes just blend into my skin and become virtually invisible, if you can find a mix that works I reckon it'd be even more 'all but invisible' than a white metal spacer...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rose gold idea is actually really good! If I were getting one, I'd probably have it just a tiny bit lower, maybe 1.8mm in height.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I really like the idea of rose gold to make it look more purposeful if it can be seen?

Another option is just to get another band, perhaps 2mm, and stack. But I don't know if I will like the look :blackeye: My husband's birth stone is ruby, so adding something like that could be a nice touch :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1318535618|3039574 said:
You know, I really like the idea of rose gold to make it look more purposeful if it can be seen?

Another option is just to get another band, perhaps 2mm, and stack. But I don't know if I will like the look :blackeye: My husband's birth stone is ruby, so adding something like that could be a nice touch :))

Y'know... okay, don't kill me, but that ring is beautiful - the milgrain really makes it. Without the milgrain I kinda think it looks a bit like a flying saucer... BUT your set is SO modern and clean and smooth, milgrain just doesn't fit! I'm really liking the idea of a plain round rose gold band - polished or maybe brushed, but with nothing else to make it stand out - different enough to look purposeful, not different enough to draw attention away from the main events, and it "fits" really well I think...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I think you will see the spacer when you're looking at your rings but not when you casually glance at them. My e-ring is ~1.8mm knife-edge and on the whole I don't really see it because my eternity kind of takes over. So I think a super-skinny band like this Is going to be as unobtrusive as they get, especially sandwiched between two other bands. But if you're scrutinizing your rings, you're always going to see that it's there.

I'm also going to revise my opinion on milgrain -- if you're going to get the band from a different vendor, I'd nix it unless you're sure it will be as tiny and delicate and beautiful as the milgrain in the photo.

I wouldn't risk the damage to your rings and go without the spacer, either. If it was platinum and could be more easily buffed, I might do it, but WG is harder to fix, I think.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1318538860|3039624 said:
Dreamer_D|1318535618|3039574 said:

Y'know... okay, don't kill me, but that ring is beautiful - the milgrain really makes it. Without the milgrain I kinda think it looks a bit like a flying saucer... BUT your set is SO modern and clean and smooth, milgrain just doesn't fit! I'm really liking the idea of a plain round rose gold band - polished or maybe brushed, but with nothing else to make it stand out - different enough to look purposeful, not different enough to draw attention away from the main events, and it "fits" really well I think...

I agree. With a rose band would you go really thin and keep it plain, like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69644041/simple-facets-2mm-band-in-pink

Or add some texture like this... this could also be in white gold I suppose if color and texture is too much: http://www.etsy.com/listing/79029685/2mm-pink-gold-twist-14k-band

Octavia the solitaire is platiunum. I looked over Micheal E's portfolio and he can do very delicate and lovely milgrain :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh I LIKE that first one! The plain one. I don't think it even needs to be really tiny, depending on what look you're going for - I think a 2mm or 1.5mm band like that would look fantastic!

The second - too much going on for me, in combo with your other rings! And - call me a cynic - at that pricepoint w/ hand-twisted wires I reckon you're going to run into some inconsistencies w/ the twisting - some twists a bit longer, some tigher... and I think you are enough of a perfectionist to be bothered by that, especially given that your baby rings aren't the least bit "organic", for lack of a better word..

I do remember a twist band piece from Michael E that was gorgeous. I can't for the life of me remember what it was or what to search for though, I'll poke around some more.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure micheal could make a lovely simple rose gold band like that. I would prefer round 2x2.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milgrain!!!!!!

love the idea of this spacer, gives it a "hint" of interest hun while providing the most crucial thing! Protection! and I'd keep it the same height!. Glad to see someone else making this instead of just Leon.

ETA: sorry I'm commenting on the first disk shape spacer band with milgrain knife edge if you want it to just appear like a spacer with functionality otherwise to me anything else will just appear like you want to stack your set.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK so Raven's Refuge has the stacker on their site now in 1.5mm width.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1318540703|3039648 said:
Ohh I LIKE that first one! The plain one. I don't think it even needs to be really tiny, depending on what look you're going for - I think a 2mm or 1.5mm band like that would look fantastic!

The second - too much going on for me, in combo with your other rings! And - call me a cynic - at that pricepoint w/ hand-twisted wires I reckon you're going to run into some inconsistencies w/ the twisting - some twists a bit longer, some tigher... and I think you are enough of a perfectionist to be bothered by that, especially given that your baby rings aren't the least bit "organic", for lack of a better word..

I do remember a twist band piece from Michael E that was gorgeous. I can't for the life of me remember what it was or what to search for though, I'll poke around some more.

I think you are right about everythng here.

If I opt for a stacked look I would get a 2x2mm round ring in ros gold or hgh carat yellow perhaps. But I need to think about it.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1318539712|3039634 said:
Yssie|1318538860|3039624 said:
Octavia the solitaire is platiunum. I looked over Micheal E's portfolio and he can do very delicate and lovely milgrain :))

Whoops, sorry! I was posting from my phone and must have read it wrong, I thought the solitaire was WG. Never mind me. :)) Personally, I'd go for the knife-edge spacer over the RG band, but I think it's just a matter of preference -- the RG band you posted is lovely.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Yssie about the milgrain--no. I would just do a very thin, plain white gold or platinum band. Pink or yellow gold would look odd to me. I love your set, it's so classy!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I couldn't notice the millgrain.

This is more of a general question but are spacers normally worn in pairs (one each side of the e-ring)?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results