shape
carat
color
clarity

Housing dust please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I have lived with his parents for 11 months now and, while it''s nice having them around to help with James, it''s time to get out. We got pre-approved for a mortgage and are starting the great house hunt this weekend!!
36.gif

I am really excited about finally being able to get a place of our own. We''ve rented in the past and it''s just not our thing - especially apartment living. I think DH is a bit hesitant because he thought we''d live with his folks for a bit longer, but I just cannot do it. I like them and we all get along but I need my own space. I know that they will miss James but the neighborhoods that we are looking at are all only about 10 minutes away so they''ll still be able to see him any time they want.
1.gif

Any spare dust anybody has is much appreciated!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of Dust your way Diva! hope you find the perfect home for you this weekend, it is an exciting time and have fun!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Happy house hunting!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Good luck and have fun! It''s really stressful, but you''ll see in the end how satisfying and wonderful home ownership is!
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I hope your search is successful! It''s great that you''ve been able to stay with family but I know what you mean when you say it''s time. Have fun with the search. I hope you find your dream home very soon!
35.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust diva!!! I know you''ve been patient with the living situation set up and thinking long term, so yay for being pre-approved and for the next stage--you so deserve all the house dust in the world!! I assume this means TTC #2 might not be far behind?
emwink.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of special dust :)

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 9:18:34 AM
Author: janinegirly
Lots of dust diva!!! I know you''ve been patient with the living situation set up and thinking long term, so yay for being pre-approved and for the next stage--you so deserve all the house dust in the world!! I assume this means TTC #2 might not be far behind?
emwink.gif

I feel like I should put this out here now - due to my blood clotting disorder it''s not likely that we will be able to have another child. The meds I''m on are absolutely not compatible with pregnancy and I''ll be on them until December (minimum). Beyond that it gets a bit more complicated. Pregnancy generally increases your risk of blood clots, and when your blood is hypercoagulable (sp?) the risk shoots way up. Paired with the fact that I have a strong family history of vascular problems and that I''ve already had a clot a pregnancy would not be in the best interest of my health - or of the health of an unborn child. It''s a tough pill to swallow and it''s something my DH and I are dealing with - sort of day to day.

Anyways - thank you all for the housing dust and keep it coming!
36.gif
We are seeing 4 houses so far on Saturday so we are really excited!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Diva, sending you lots of dust!!! Happy house hunting!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Lots and lots of ****DUST****!!! I hope you find something you all LOVE!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, Diva!!! I''m in the exact same stage--there should be a house hunting/buying thread on PS where we can all share experiences!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck, Diva!!!!!

DH & I are house hunting, too! NEL''s right, someone should start a thread.

Duuuuussssssssssstttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Thanks for the dust ladies!

We went out with our realtor yesterday and looked at 4 houses. One needed too much work and had some probable structural issues and one was just too small/cramped. The other two were great
36.gif
The first has refinished hardwood floors throughout, which I love, 2 beds, 1 bath and a cute eat-in-kitchen. The house also has a partially finished basement, that is currently used as additional living space and home office. The back yard is fenced and has a 1.5 car garage with attached screened-in porch.
30.gif
The neighborhood and schoold system are excellent. The list price is slightly under our max budget.

The other house is about 20 minutes in the opposite direction from the first, and is in a different, slightly better school district. It also has 2 beds and 1 bath, but has a small dining area that could be used for our table or for the computer. The kitchen/utility room have been remodeled and the living room/dining room carpets are newer. New roof and appliances within the last 3 years. This house is really nice, but there isn''t much storage in the house itself. There is a 1.5 detached garage though - which is on our "want'' list.
1.gif
This home is FSBO and is listed at 8K over our max budget, but the tax value is 10K less than that - bringing it in under our budget by that standard.

Our agent is going to do some research for us and let us know what he thinks an acceptable offer could be for either house. I''m really pulling for the first one though! We''re going out again next weekend to check out some other properties
1.gif
This is too exciting!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust! I loved buying our home together, getting it set up, moving in. It was a great experience. It sounds like you'r off to a great start. Enjoy this new adventure!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Diva! I hope you guys get the house of your dreams. As for your health issues my heart goes out to you. I am just happy you have James because some days when I think Tessa might be my one and only I remind myself that is more than enough (in a good way).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust your way Diva. I hope you find the perfect house!! Best of luck!!!
36.gif
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of housing dust your way Diva! Buying a house is so exciting--I hope that you get exactly what you want!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Sending you lots of dust.
Hope you guys find the house of your dreams.
James would definitely love to have the extra space to roam free huh?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust to you!!! Good luck house hunting. Hope you find your dream house.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Thanks for the continued dust ladies! I am excited about going out again this weekend to check out some more homes. We will probably make an offer on one of the houses that we saw over the weekend though. It''s such a tough choice because we both like both properties, but one is edging out the other slightly.

If others want to join and share their househunting experiences here that would be great too!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results