shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump believes that the role of the Attorney General is to act as his personal protector. He has thrown temper tantrums at Matt Whitaker for failing to protect him from being maligned by Michael Cohen! He should not even have been talking about a DOJ investigation into him with the Attorney General!

"Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump has at least twice in the past few weeks vented to his acting attorney general, angered by federal prosecutors who referenced the President's actions in crimes his former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

Trump was frustrated, the sources said, that prosecutors Matt Whitaker oversees filed charges that made Trump look bad. None of the sources suggested that the President directed Whitaker to stop the investigation, but rather lashed out at what he felt was an unfair situation.

The first known instance took place when Trump made his displeasure clear to acting attorney general Matt Whitaker after Cohen pleaded guilty November 29 to lying to Congress about a proposed Trump Tower project in Moscow. Whitaker had only been on the job a few weeks following Trump's firing of Jeff Sessions.

Over a week later, Trump again voiced his anger at Whitaker after prosecutors in Manhattan officially implicated the President in a hush-money scheme to buy the silence of women around the 2016 campaign -- something Trump fiercely maintains isn't an illegal campaign contribution. Pointing to articles he said supported his position, Trump pressed Whitaker on why more wasn't being done to control prosecutors in New York who brought the charges in the first place, suggesting they were going rogue.

The previously unreported discussions between Trump and Whitaker described by multiple sources familiar with the matter underscore the extent to which the President firmly believes the attorney general of the United States should serve as his personal protector. The episodes also offer a glimpse into the unsettling dynamic of a sitting president talking to his attorney general about investigations he's potentially implicated in."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/poli...-after-explosive-cohen-revelations/index.html

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump believes that the role of the Attorney General is to act as his personal protector. He has thrown temper tantrums at Matt Whitaker for failing to protect him from being maligned by Michael Cohen! He should not even have been talking about a DOJ investigation into him with the Attorney General!
You should tell B.Clinton. Ooops, I forgot that the Clintons play by a different set of rules. :oops:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.22.05 PM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should tell B.Clinton. Ooops, I forgot that the Clintons play by a different set of rules.

Can someone explain to me why the Clintons are mentioned every time trump does something stupid?

What happened there, whatever it is, is in the past. The disaster that is in our current WH* is happening right now.

Jimmianne
, I believe I mentioned that Dancing Fire is the reason. See the above.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, I’ve noticed that Trump supporters bring up Clinton because they don’t want to discuss how incompetent Trump is and how his descisons are negatively affecting our country and our standing in the world.

Mattis is a well respected general who Trump refused to listen to. Anyone who read his resignation letter should have seen this as a huge wake up call for our country. There are days I think bombs could be flying over our heads and Trumps supporters would still be saying Trump is a great president and negotiator.

It’s concerning what other colossal mistakes will be made after Trumps stunt pulling us out of Syria. Who knows what Trump will do to distract us from Mueller’s investigation.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you read that trump didn't understand Mattis' letter of resignation? So he had praise for his service.
Then someone explained the letter to trump and he immediately got rid of Mattis.
Whether he cannot read or cannot be bothered to read important documents is anybody's guess.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 11.12.42 AM.png

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remind you of anything/anyone?
“ I pulled in to Nazareth
Was feeling 'bout half past dead
I just need some place
Where I can lay my head
"Hey, mister, can you tell me
Where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand
And "No" was all he said”

(From “The Weight” by Robbie Robertson)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
four US citizen were killed in an ISIS claimed attack in Syria today.

Just this morning, VP Pence said ISIR is no longer a threat to the US.

The government is shut down, federal workers aren’t being paid and people actually think this president is doing a good job?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
four US citizen were killed in an ISIS claimed attack in Syria today.

Just this morning, VP Pence said ISIR is no longer a threat to the US.

The government is shut down, federal workers aren’t being paid and people actually think this president is doing a good job?

I have always thought that Pence had a towering intellect.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent speech by Trump ! :clap: All the Dems. are speechless. :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today the house voted to send the transcripts to Mueller.

I hope whatever idiot at the white house is editing trumps tweets learns how to spell PERJURY very soon....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cold dose of reality for me this morning: a former client (white, non-college-educated, male with whom I have maintained a friendship for 35 years) and I were talking on the phone. He told me that he can't bear to watch the news because the Democrats pick on Trump so much for everything,. They will not give him a break and it reminds him of how his father treated him all his life.

He is an extremely intelligent man who can fix many physical things that break and who knows a huge amount about the science of landscaping. He knows tree diseases and insects and has a spraying license. He really studies what he does, taking courses in soil science and diseases that infect trees at Cornell University. He drives a wrecker for AAA and has a Hazmat driving license. (He has driven an oil truck.) He has cooked in restaurants and managed them.

I think you get the point. He is intelligent and accomplished.

How can he have the view he does of Trump? (I did not try to persuade him to my point of view, by the way. I just mentioned that I had the opposite point of view and he said he knew I did and that's why he didn't discuss it with me.)

I just cannot wrap my mind around how an intelligent person can be so oblivious.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cold dose of reality for me this morning: a former client (white, non-college-educated, male with whom I have maintained a friendship for 35 years) and I were talking on the phone. He told me that he can't bear to watch the news because the Democrats pick on Trump so much for everything,. They will not give him a break and it reminds him of how his father treated him all his life.

He is an extremely intelligent man who can fix many physical things that break and who knows a huge amount about the science of landscaping. He knows tree diseases and insects and has a spraying license. He really studies what he does, taking courses in soil science and diseases that infect trees at Cornell University. He drives a wrecker for AAA and has a Hazmat driving license. (He has driven an oil truck.) He has cooked in restaurants and managed them.

I think you get the point. He is intelligent and accomplished.

How can he have the view he does of Trump? (I did not try to persuade him to my point of view, by the way. I just mentioned that I had the opposite point of view and he said he knew I did and that's why he didn't discuss it with me.)

I just cannot wrap my mind around how an intelligent person can be so oblivious.

My take? Because intelligence and being self-reflective or emotionally aware, do not automatically go together. Because men are still often trained to suppress emotions (except anger) and so are mostly unable to admit or even see their own emotions (fear/feeling inferior for whatever reason) as driving their stances. His reaction that you describe, is ALL emotion, is all about how he feels, and it sounds like he had a crap childhood that he's never really come to grips with. IMO, unless you're super on guard against it, emotion can short-circuit the intelligence that is utilized to learn landscaping and other highly useful things, every time. I mean, don't you see this?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean, don't you see this?

He is very self-reflective. That does not mean that he sees himself at all accurately, but it is not for lack of self-reflection. He has attended Twelve Step programs including Adult Children of Alcoholics and AA for over 40 years. He has gone to multiple weekend long workshops sponsored by the Unitarian Church on forgiveness and similar topics where there were exercises like envisioning holding yourself as an infant. He cries easily when talking about feelings although he would be perceived by anyone who met him as very "macho". (He was a three letter man in high school: baseball; football; and ice hockey.) He watches television programs on the brain and also watches movies that are deeply disturbing, which he reflects on, knowing what they trigger in him. "Dances with Wolves" and "Ordinary People" are among the ones I remember affecting him deeply.

As I said, he does not see himself clearly despite all the trying, but he tries very hard. He never gives up. He reads psychological material voraciously and is right now seeing an LCSW who specializes in trauma counseling because he was assaulted by the owner of a lot when he dropped off a car from his wrecker a year ago. (He didn't fight back although he was a brawler in his hockey days and the lot owner was arrested. He kept his job with AAA.)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is very self-reflective. That does not mean that he sees himself at all accurately, but it is not for lack of self-reflection. He has attended Twelve Step programs including Adult Children of Alcoholics and AA for over 40 years. He has gone to multiple weekend long workshops sponsored by the Unitarian Church on forgiveness and similar topics where there were exercises like envisioning holding yourself as an infant. He cries easily when talking about feelings although he would be perceived by anyone who met him as very "macho". (He was a three letter man in high school: baseball; football; and ice hockey.) He watches television programs on the brain and also watches movies that are deeply disturbing, which he reflects on, knowing what they trigger in him. "Dances with Wolves" and "Ordinary People" are among the ones I remember affecting him deeply.

As I said, he does not see himself clearly despite all the trying, but he tries very hard. He never gives up. He reads psychological material voraciously and is right now seeing an LCSW who specializes in trauma counseling because he was assaulted by the owner of a lot when he dropped off a car from his wrecker a year ago. (He didn't fight back although he was a brawler in his hockey days and the lot owner was arrested. He kept his job with AAA.)

OK, I guess it's not emotion then.

Surely you have some ideas of your own, since you know him...?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF

Trump is a master at playing the victim. Your friend was a victim. He relates to Trump being a victim. This can be a very powerful bond.

Trump has his entire base manipulated with powerful feelings. This is why he can do no wrong when he is doing very, very bad things.

This is how I see it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies, ksinger and House Cat.

ksinger, I actually didn't have any great insights of my own about why my friend was behaving as he was although I knew my friend. I am sure I could have figured something out, but there was not a quick answer that sprang to mind. My own feelings (as a therapist one gets used to looking at her own feelings for clues as to what is going on) were of frustration and anger that he was so "dense" about this particular topic.

It was House Cat who had the insight into Trump and how he operates politically who put the puzzle pieces together. I had been looking at my friend, but not at Trump. When I look at Trump, all I see is a bully. House Cat pointed out that he paints himself as a victim. That is so far from my reality, that it never even entered my field of vision. But it is important in explaining the dynamic with my friend, I think.

My friend said straight out that he feels victimized by his father. If one realizes that some people actually believe that Trump is a victim, do not see him as the biggest bully in the world, then it makes sense that they would identify with him. And support him in his lunacy and authoritarianism. Even self-reflective people. Even people who have been victimized themselves. All they have to do to fall into the trap is to believe Trump when he says he is a victim.

This is truly frightening.

Deb :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb.
What is going on in your state of Va. ? :devil: should Northam resign?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb.
What is going on in your state of Va. ? :devil: should Northam resign?

Yesterday I got my Connecticut driver's license back and registered to vote here in Connecticut while I was at the DMV, so now you cannot blame me for the doings in the Commonwealth of Virginia. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF

Trump has his entire base manipulated with powerful feelings. This is why he can do no wrong when he is doing very, very bad things.

This is how I see it.
Yup, so bad that many minorities are back to work. The Dems. know they'll lose a lot of minority votes come 2020. The Dems. don't care about minorities except for their votes. I have been trying to explain this to my Chinese friends for yrs now. I think they are starting to see the lights that the Dem. party of today are unlike the 60's when JFK was Prez.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Its funny how it usually becomes so important that we find the "cause" of someones belief in an idea with which we disagree. Sometimes, I think, we complicate this more than is necessary. I see your friend as quite rational in what he said, as I agree DT is picked upon so often that even I, who can't abide this man, have to turn off the TV now, as he is criticized for less important infractions. Just about anything he does is wrong. It becomes overkill IMO and loses the real punch. Your friend is objectively right, IMO, --just check the news.

Since I just caught up, I wish to question Matata's post about escaping to another country. My recollection of that travel, was to pay taxes, and you went to the place where you pay them--tax assessor. No escape there--just legal requirements to pay taxes.

We all bring baggage to our decisions, but we hope they are reasonable. Your friends point was reasonable to me.

Annette

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Its funny how it usually becomes so important that we find the "cause" of someones belief in an idea with which we disagree. Sometimes, I think, we complicate this more than is necessary. I see your friend as quite rational in what he said, as I agree DT is picked upon so often that even I, who can't abide this man, have to turn off the TV now, as he is criticized for less important infractions. Just about anything he does is wrong. It becomes overkill IMO and loses the real punch. Your friend is objectively right, IMO, --just check the news.

Since I just caught up, I wish to question Matata's post about escaping to another country. My recollection of that travel, was to pay taxes, and you went to the place where you pay them--tax assessor. No escape there--just legal requirements to pay taxes.

We all bring baggage to our decisions, but we hope they are reasonable. Your friends point was reasonable to me.

Annette

Children get picked on or worse. Disabled people get picked on or worse. Gay people get picked on or worse.

It's hard to pick on someone who is actually superior, or sure of who they are and their abilities.

A rich stupid bully who rode a wave of racist populism to being the leader of a huge and (used to be) well-regarded country, and who is our authorized dick-waver in chief, doesn't get picked on, or get to play the victim. He reaps the deserved raft of satire and real scorn he earns every time he opens his mouth, or phone, IMO.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone on "Morning Joe" this morning read a Trump tweet in which he claimed no one would go after President Obama the way they go after him with this "witch hunt". (Poor Trump. All these investigations. Poor victim.) One of the hosts started to list the multiple investigations into Hillary Clinton and Benghazi.

Do you member her e-mails, anybody? There are probably still investigations into them!

AGBF
:read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results