shape
carat
color
clarity

Honey''s Bling Has Arrived Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your set looks stunning!!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your band Honey!!! It looks great with your e-ring. Congrats!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
HANDSHOTS HANDSHOTS HANDSHOTS!!!

ETA: Whoops I somehow skipped over that part! I was just anxious! Sorry:)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I LOVE IT! It''s perfect, seriously! I can''t wait for handshots!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty, Honey! I love the yellow gold, and it looks so sparkly. I would be dying to wear it if I were you!

(By the way, I think you have wonderful taste. I just may be posting something similar in the next few days . . .
27.gif
)

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a BEAUTIFUL match to your E-Ring! Can''t wait to see the whole set on your finger! Congras!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Your set will be AMAZING
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to look perfect!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful... a lovely match for your e-ring!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful honey!!!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
honey, they''re beautiful! a lovely, classically modern set of rings. they''ll ALWAYS be in style!

and they both look just so well made! a real pleasure to look at - congratulations! :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for the kind posts! I am totally in love with it, and I am counting down the days until I get to wear it.

DF forgot to put it into the safe last night, and was working overtime tonight, so I had to sneakily try it on again just to make sure of the fit..................
11.gif

But, it''s def locked away now, and it won''t be going back on my finger until November. So can''t wait!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look just divine together, honey. Sheer perfection!!
30.gif
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey-- Oh my goodness. its gorgeous... I''m in love with it, I love yellow gold and it looks fantastic,,, I was debating on whether to get a couple of channel set rings to flank my ering... and i love yours... wonderfully done!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yep, you hit the target with your engagement ring, and you've done it again with your wedding band! What I think is remarkable is that you waited for the engagement ring (I assume you're engaged now?) and you have to wait until November to wear the wedding band! You are very patient!
17.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow, that came out beautifully! seeing it with your solitaire took my breath away...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fab. It looks so good with your ering.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Yellow gold is absolutely YUMMY! Congratulations!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 5:19:27 PM
Author: Imdanny
Yep, you hit the target with your engagement ring, and you''ve done it again with your wedding band! What I think is remarkable is that you waited for the engagement ring (I assume you''re engaged now?) and you have to wait until November to wear the wedding band! You are very patient!
17.gif

patient almost doesn''t describe it Imdanny! I waited 12.5 years for him to propose, another 6 months with the completed ring in the safe before he popped the magic question, and now I have to wait 7 months to get married! Good things come to those who wait. I have an incredible fiance and some gorgeous bling to go with it! What more could a girl want?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LOL! It is gorgeous bling. I'm sure you will enjoy it and we will enjoy seeing it when it happens!
1.gif

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a perfect set, you must be extremely happy Honey.
21.gif

Just curious how did the whole process go with ordering/shipping etc. I too live in Aus and I see all these beautiful melee stones from Whiteflash pricescopers have, nothing else seems to be as sparkly, they truly are beautiful stones but I wonder how much it costs to exchange and ship with taxes, would love to know when you have a minute.

Don''t worry about how far away the wedding is, it will come around quick enough and you will have that gorgeous band on your finger
35.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:16:13 AM
Author: Monnyjay
What a perfect set, you must be extremely happy Honey.
21.gif

Just curious how did the whole process go with ordering/shipping etc. I too live in Aus and I see all these beautiful melee stones from Whiteflash pricescopers have, nothing else seems to be as sparkly, they truly are beautiful stones but I wonder how much it costs to exchange and ship with taxes, would love to know when you have a minute.

Don't worry about how far away the wedding is, it will come around quick enough and you will have that gorgeous band on your finger
35.gif
Hi Monnyjay!! Another Aussie PSer - yay!!!
36.gif

Shipping with WF is a breeze! They made both my ering and wband. I paid via Paypal, and they ship using Fedex Priority International. It takes around 4-5 days, assuming there is no hold up in customs - ie. they need to be able to contact you to pay the taxes etc in order to clear the package. For my ering, I had to provide them with a copy of my invoice, just to make sure everything checks out ok (they didn't have to open either package).

You obviously need to convert US dollars into Aussie dollars (exchange rate isn't fabulous at the moment, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying the same band from Tiffs!!!!). You will get charged 15% by Fedex on behalf of customs, 10% GST and 5% imports fee. The GST is based on the Aussie value of the item alone, but the 5% imports fee is on the whole amount, including shipping. They will also charge you a customs processing fee of around the $50 if I remember correctly.

So, a bit of a breakdown for you. My band was $995 US, which works out to be around $1600 when I exchanged it. I paid around $350 in imports taxes etc (these are rough figures, I don't have my paperwork at hand at the moment). All up I paid just under $2k to get the ring in my hot little hands.

I am thrilled with this price. I was copying a Tiffs band that I fell in love with here. A 2mm channel set band from Tiffs is $4000 AUS for the same ring! However, my stones are F VS ACAs, and the Tiffs ones are G VS.

Yes, I am sure you could get a 2mm channel set band cheaper here in Australia, but I am sure they won't be as sparkly as these little baby ACAs, it's just gorgeous.

Seriously, the whole shipping process was very easy. There was a little mixup with my first wband, and I had to send it back. WF were fabulous and organised the whole thing, all I needed to do was drop the box off at Fedex and they did the rest. Honestly, it was as easy as if I had have purchased it here in person. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

If you have any more questions, just let me know. There are quite a few PSers who have purchased overseas, and it's very very easy, and totally safe!

ETA - I just read that post and it seems a little confusing. I mean 15% total - ie. 10% + 5% = 15%!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
So Honey22 was this a listed product or a custom order? TIA.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is such a beautiful set!!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely set! Can't wait to see it on your finger!
12.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
It''s PERFECT, I just love channel sets. Sparkly and classy. I am in love with your set!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 7:39:42 AM
Author: Imdanny
So Honey22 was this a listed product or a custom order? TIA.
It was a custom but I am very suprised that they don''t stock a 2mm channel set band as a listed product. They are very popular and I know of at least one other PSer that has ordered the same band in the past few weeks/months, so I wouldn''t be suprised if they put it in stock. It would be easy to wack it up on the website, they have made it before, so I would say it''s easy to make again.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, beautiful!! What a lovely set!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Honey, your set is incredible. Makes me really really appreciate how beautiful yellow gold is
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it''s gorgeous, and great shots too, especially the last one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results