shape
carat
color
clarity

Honey Zircon Asscher in DK Setting :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been itching for a "neutral" gemstone ring to wear with all colors of metal, but just hadn't had any luck finding what I wanted... or at least what I could afford! :lol:

Enter Peter Torraca's Honey Zircon Asscher (pause for reflection... :eek: :cheeky: :love: :love: ) -- I contacted him immediately, and this is what arrived the next week!

7.48 ct. (9.69 x 9.67 x 7.67)
imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816460.jpg
pt_asscher1.jpg

The color is a true neutral and a chameleon at that! Sometimes it looks pinkish peach, other times it looks a lighter champagne brown... ALL THE TIME IT LOOKS AMAZING!!! :love: :love:

Yay! I will make sure to stay tuned in. Glad you made a separate thread for your beautiful stone and setting.

Now for the setting...

I thought I wanted an antique inspired setting, so I thought this was beautiful. I loved the juxtaposition of the geometric lines of the asscher against the ornate, floral metal.
imageuploadedbytapatalk1429917564.jpg
...with my asscher:
(don't laugh at my mad photo shop *skillz*) ;))
imageuploadedbytapatalk1429973383.jpg

The shank would be 14K unplated WG and the basket and prongs would be 18K RG. :love:

DK sent me these CADs...

...after a little back and forth, we updated to these (more tapered and pinched shank with a slight knife edge).

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917293.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917325.jpg

Then, I started having second thoughts on the everyday wear, and decided a solitaire would be the best idea...

Okay, Niel made me realize that... HA!

DK was AMAZING about changing the design and got right to work on it! He is really a nice guy! :))

I told him what I wanted and he sent these CADs within a few days.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917663.jpg

...just needed a little tweaking!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917711.jpg

DK's last set of CADs -- PERFECT!!

With pave on the basket as well.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917774.jpg

I was so excited to get these photos -- DK was super accommodating and so easy to work with!!

...now, let's get this party started!! LOL [emoji322][emoji322][emoji7][emoji7]

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917911.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917919.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434917927.jpg

The finished product -- I'm so pleased with it!! David did an AWESOME job!! It was even more beautiful than I could've imagined... [emoji95][emoji7][emoji95]

David's pics:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918517.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918538.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918552.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918567.jpg

More from David...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918628.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434918644.jpg

WOW the stone is stunning and I love it in that setting. It's the perfect setting for showing off the stone.

:appl: :appl:

I finally got it!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:
I wanted the perfect neutral ring, and this fit the bill PERFECTLY -- it seriously goes with every color metal and style of dress!

You can tell it's a real chameleon -- just look at those flashes! The 18K RG truly melted into the stone and let it shine! (pay no attention to the pharmacy background... gotta take photos!)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434819730.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1434819701.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1434819300.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1434816535.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1434816511.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1434816491.jpg

Thanks for getting through this lllooooonnnnnggggg SMTB and 61,456,378,853 pics! :bigsmile:

...and a HUGE thanks to Niel for helping me through the entire process!! :clap: =)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Stone Hunter|1434918814|3892307 said:
WOW the stone is stunning and I love it in that setting. It's the perfect setting for showing off the stone.

:appl: :appl:

Thank you, Stone Hunter! I have to agree -- it's so rich and sophisticated without being fussy or too fancy! Effortlessly chic! :love:

This is my "Blaire" ring -- our little girl will be here in Sept, and this will be hers one day! 8) :halo: :))

Gosh I just love this ring so much! I bet it's soooooo sparkly, too. Makes me want a big asscher zircon!

HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!! That is an amazing gemstone and an amazing setting!!!! WOW!!!! I love everything about it. I hope you absolutely hate it, because I want it. I don't think there has been another ring on PS that I have wanted like this one!!!!!!! Ok, I will try to calm down now.

msop04, it is lovely. I hope you really love it. (not really but I am trying not to be greedy, nasty and so selfish) Yes, I do. It is stunning and beautiful, and the setting is perfect. love love love.

distracts|1434923920|3892354 said:
Gosh I just love this ring so much! I bet it's soooooo sparkly, too. Makes me want a big asscher zircon!

You need one, distracts!! #enablerrighthere :naughty: ;))

luv2sparkle|1434924354|3892357 said:
HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!! That is an amazing gemstone and an amazing setting!!!! WOW!!!! I love everything about it. I hope you absolutely hate it, because I want it. I don't think there has been another ring on PS that I have wanted like this one!!!!!!! Ok, I will try to calm down now.

msop04, it is lovely. I hope you really love it. (not really but I am trying not to be greedy, nasty and so selfish) Yes, I do. It is stunning and beautiful, and the setting is perfect. love love love.

WOW!! Thank you so much, luv2sparkle!! It's okay -- now you need one! DOOOOO ITTTTT!!!!! :naughty:

Seriously, that gemstone is so gorgeous I don't think I could ever find another one to match it. I will just have to love it from afar.

msop04, Your new ring is gorgeous. I also love everything about it!!! I need a right hand ring like this one. So, so pretty!

This ring looks absolutely perfect on your finger. It's really beautiful!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I'm so happy for you!

Never apologize for photos. This ring is amazing and I can't wait to see how huge it looks in little baby fingers!

That is a :love: splendid :love: custom ring!!! Love it :appl:

Zircons are hard yet brittle, so it's a great rationale for bowing out of any manual labor while wearing it.

Congratulations on an amazing stone and ring!!

It looks amazing!!!! Out of curiosity how deep is the stone and ring overall?

arkieb1|1434939060|3892436 said:
It looks amazing!!!! Out of curiosity how deep is the stone and ring overall?
I'm not sure the depth overall but the stome is 7.67

Amazing, yummy ring! Love the zircon! The setting is perfect. I covet your ring :love:

What a gorgeous stone. And setting. It really does look like a fancy yellow diamond. I love it!

Gorgeous ring!!

Just. Absolutely, Gorgeous.!!!

Wow...congratulations at such a great find!

Judy
=)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP