shape
carat
color
clarity

Holy Moly! or, Circe''s e-ring

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Circe: would you be able to let me know if all (3 on all 4 sides?prongs are holding your stone? I managed to print it and took it in and he said only two would be holding it and the 3 prong is just there decorative? He said it would put lots of pressure on the stone if it was held with all 3 . I can''t really see from the pic if all have contact with the stone or not? Thanks

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, another ring with fishtail prongs! So glad to see more around here. I love how open the sides are, and that stone is gorgeous
18.gif
. My ring (in my avatar) is new, but made from an old design, with fishtail prongs on all three stones. Any idea if your setting is cast, or die-struck? It might well be die-struck, being vintage as it is.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! I too like fishtail prongs. And I love how classic the ring is. A friend of mine at church has a ring that I've admired for years, that reminds me of yours. Hope you don't mind if I attach a picture so you can see the similarity. Please forgive any lack of cleanliness; she let me wear it and take some pics because I seriously considered having something like it made for my diamond, but it probably hadn't been cleaned in a while etc. She was married in the 1950s, I believe, so I think that's how old it is.

BTW, I love how yours has an open profile to see the side of your diamond!!!
30.gif

ETA: Also please excuse my dry hands!!!
8.gif

CC ering_1.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
oops! Sorry; didn''t check the file size. I HOPE this one is smaller.

CC ering_2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a stunning and really unique setting!! i love how it makes the diamond look so much bigger...always a perk hehee. congrats!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone please help me out with this design I posted a question on DH but no reply??? I am wondering if all the prongs actually come with contact with the stone? The jeweler I took the pics to said that two on each side only come in contact with the stone? Just trying to make sure he is correct? Thanks anyone knows?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, it looks much bigger! Nicely done!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beauty indeed.Thanks for posting I can see from this pic that the middle prong is decorational.Very classy.I am seriously considering this style for myself , just waiting for a quote.
Not sure how to go about the side baquettes? Don''t have those yet ? I suppose the color of them should be same as the stone.Stone is just over 1.4.My finger size is 7.Any imput would be appreciated thanks...I am not good at this.I know if I see it first it helps. I have to ask for baquettes so would be great to have some ideas on it.. Thanks..

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*Serious* apologies for taking so long to reply - graduation + packing have made Circe a harried girl.

Selkie, your ring is gorgeous! Is there a thread with closer pics? I love the look of the three set together ... and, as for mine, no idea, I''m afraid. I''d guess cast, but only because the few die-struck bands I''ve seen have had the detailing to deserve/require it ....

Old-Fashioned Girl, the ring you posted is *gorgeous*! I love the more tapered baguettes on it.

Mara & aljdewey - thanks! And, Scarleta, hopefully not too late to be helpful ... I saw your DH post, and the gentleman who replied at the bottom seemed to be dead-on: the central prong at each corner seems to be more structural than functional. As for baguettes, a near-family match seems like a good idea (i.e., if your stone is colorless, staying in the colorless family, ditto near-colorless, etc. ... but my side-stones are G with a J center, and I don''t really notice a huge disparity, though YMMV). Now, to start a new post for wedding band advice ....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results