shape
carat
color
clarity

Holy Moly! or, Circe''s e-ring

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Circe your ring is really beautiful on your finger.Congratulations I would love one like it myself...I can''t see if it has any stones in the band? If you don''t mind sharing more details with us. That would be great.I am not that good at seeing all the details here and equally poor at any design ideas.. So I can see there is an advantage of seeing the piece in person.Thanks ..

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! Yep, now when I look at my finger and try to imagine the rose gold bezel that I''d been turning over in my head, it doesn''t hold a candle (though, for future projects ... man, I''m fickle). Scarleta, I''ll happily post a side view later, if you like: it''s just two tapered baguettes on the sides, rising out of the shoulders of the cathedral setting - relatively simple, but I love the look.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn't look like a 1.46.... it looks huge. The setting is beautiful. Love the fishtail setting.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, a few more pics (btw, I made the mistake of sending Fiance a link to this page to demonstrate the benefits of the new camera, and to tell him that he done good: now he is firmly convinced that I am stark, raving mad ... but everybody needs a hobby, right?). Mostly side-shots, except for the one fire pic I couldn''t resist ... I have a western exposure in my apt., so I might as well use the sunlight while I have it.
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm ... once again, Technology 1, Circe 0. Let's try that again ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile shot number 1 ....

PS Profile Star 1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile shot #2 ....

PS Profile Star 2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile shot #3 ....

PS Rainbow Star Profile.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile shot #4 ... and, I'm done.

Despite knowing how we all love the eye-candy, I almost feel like I might be going overboard.
1.gif

(But, hey, as I tell fiance, all the best people have a few charming eccentricities ... and I figure every minute I squee over the ring serves to amortize it further, not to mention distract *me* from further mischief.)

Scarleta, I think it would be a pretty simple design to replicate overall - I know Superbcert sells a fishtail setting, and they or your jeweler might be able to either customize it, or to maybe just use the head and attach it to a semi-mount with baguette settings. Good luck!

PS Teal Star Profile.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that Circle.It will help it is a stunning look and especially on YOUR finger.Very happy for you.What should I expect for a setting like yours? Also the side diamonds? I do have a center diamond similar to your size.thanks again...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I am in Canada so have to find someone locally.Would it be clear if I aks for a fishtail? they would know? how to do it? thanks

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heh - thank you! I have to admit, I feel very similarly. :)

I''m not sure how much it would cost retail - I think the Superbcert charges around $600 for their mounting (and, a Google search tells me that I''m off a bit from the last time that I saw it ... sigh, the rising price of platinum, but here''s the link: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Diamond-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Exceldiamonds-4-Prong-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-Antique-Style-Designed-by-SuperbCert-643.html). The price for baguettes and customization depend on your jeweler, I guess ... but I wouldn''t *think* it should cost too much. Maybe $300-ish for the baguettes, plus benchtime? Most jewelers would know what you meant, but bringing a picture along wouldn''t hurt - I''ve heard similar settings referred to as anything from illusion to triple-claw. And, hope you''ll post pics, if/when you do it!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Circle for sure when I do decide on it I will have to "master" my camera / computer skills first.With time I am sure my skills will improve( ha ,ha, ha ) Its not for the luck of trying you know how it works in digital world right...Many thanks for all the info I am considering it . It really looks very , very nice on you.My finger size is 7 hope it will work out also..

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Overboard...you are worried about going overboard with pics---thats what this forum is all about.....the more the merrier!!
36.gif
beautiful pics...love the fishtail prongs.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Love the fishtail ''illusion'' setting. Makes the diamond look huge, which is the idea, I guess.
28.gif

That one sun shot looks like it could have yellow fluor? I love fluor too. Thanks for the pics. More would be great!!
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! The fishtail mainly adds the impression of size at the corners, which gives it a nice "Is is a cushion or a round?" effect - which I *love*. On fluorescence ... it''s wonderfully confusing! Under the black-light, it has that mixed "blue yellow" effect that I''ve heard gemologists describe as "white fluorescence": face up in sunlight or artificial it looks like it has blue fluorescence (which, outdoors, could well be a reflection of the sky, but indoors ... it''s unlikely) ... and from the side, I generally notice a faint tint (a J''s a J, after all), but not quite on that level. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have been picking up the sheet behind it .... will have to experiment further to see what happens. :)

And, definitely starting a fluorescence thread soon - it''s a great thing to geek out about!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Circe: I am going to get a quote for the piece ( I hope you don''t mind? ) I only have a rb under 1.5 . So I need to get two more ( right? ) Beside the pics and description what else should I ask for ( platinum? or white gold for weight? ) Any recommendation you have? I am getting brave now... I really would love to have the opportunity to try it on my finger , but its not possible so I go by your finger looks great on you...Thanks for any suggestions you may have..

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mind? Not at *all* - I'm flattered, and I love the idea of my ring having a "twin" out there in the world.

If you're going custom all the way, white gold will definitely be more affordable, though platinum might still be a possibility, depending on what your jeweler charges for hyr time (I think Superbcert only sells their fishtail mounting in platinum, and without baguettes ... though there might be another jeweler out there selling a similar stock piece, theirs is just the only one that I've seen). So, 2 .10-.15 baguettes and an amenable jeweler, and you're on your way! Can't wait to see it.
2.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Circe I will definitely post it .In the meantime if you find one with the baquettes ready to go let me know.I would love be able to see how it looks on my finger? What should I expect to pay for the baquettes? I suppose it won''t be as hard to get as rb ? ( RB I already have )The jeweler can get those for me I suppose? Thanks again..

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~So pretty!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty on Circe''s finger... I am getting so excited Circe does not mind if I copy it.If only I could visulize it on my finger..It really is very classy piece..

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love it. Aside from the stone being brilliant, the prongs give it such a "LOOK," KWIM? Very distinctive and retro! Me likey!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scarleta, baguettes are pretty easy to find, I think (slightly harder than melee, and slightly more expensive ... but not by much on either count). Mine are about .13 each, which I think should run around $300 or so ... I could be off here.

And, one thought ... if the jeweler doesn''t have anything similar in stock for you to try on, given how great some PS''rs are with Photoshop, maybe you could post a thread asking someone to superimpose a 1.5 ct. fishtail setting over a shot of your hand? I know I''ve seen people do this when they''re trying to visualize a wedding band with their e-ring ... if anything, it seems like this should be easier. (I''d offer, but I''ve barely managed to master the whole *taking* picture thing, much less altering them.)

And, thanks, ladies! Me likey, too.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Circe you are full of great ideas thanks for that. So the baquettes are .13 car each ? right?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Just made a call to a reputable jeweler he said about 1200 Canadian for the work and gold and about 500 Canadian each baquette.He also said a good quality baquette.I am not to sure what to look for in a baquette? I have been educating myself here in rb mostly.Color to match I guess .Any other tips? Thanks.I am going to print some of the pic here and meet with him to find out more.What do you think of the $ numbers here? He said must see it first to let me know exactly how much.He would take responsibility in case the stone would get damaged in the process. I know many would not do so ,unless you buy the rock from them. What do you say? Is it a good starting point?..Thanks a lot

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmm ... I don''t know where the exchange rate stands now, but that sounds pretty close to what I was thinking it would probably run - the fact that he''s willing to accept responsibility is awesome, though! Are you already familiar with his work? Sounds like a jeweler who has a great deal of confidence in his abilities, and a good customer support policy. But, since I know jack about Canadian prices (or, for that matter, individual Canadian craftsmen) ... maybe this would be a good place to start a thread for your new ring? Right now, it''s just me (and whoever''s been following along from the beginning), and you deserve more informed input that just me!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is gorgeous! Congrats!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Circe.You have been a great help.thanks Right now I am just starting the process.At the later time I may post.The jeweler is very reputable and has been in the same location for many years.He has not done any work for me yet.I do see his work and it looks great.I like the fact that he takes responsibility for the stone in case something happens to it in the process.right now I am having a hard time to somehow exclude only pictures from your correspondence so I can show it to him.I don''t have word processing software on my mac and somehow want to only take pic so he can see it..
By the time the ring is set my computer / digital skills will improve so I can post.thanks...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to have a Mac, but I never quite got the hang of it ... try right-clicking, going to "Save Image As", and then printing - that does it on my PC for images. (Hope I got that right in Mac terms ... being a complete Luddite can be a hindrance for me, sometimes.) It should come out well if you have a photo-printer: otherwise, you should be able to save it to a disc, or a key-drive, or just e-mail it (or, for that matter, the link to the thread ...) to him. Am very much looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

And, thanks Anchor31! I *love* your icon ....

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Circe, if nothing else works I will take my lap top and just show the pics to him.( how is that for technology) ha, ha ,ha...
I just noticed a new thread on DH with great pics of rings.Yours should go there also.Just don''t ask me how to do that..Check it out..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results