shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday engagements?? Who's thinking it's coming then?

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I think mine will either be right before Christmas or sometime in January. SO has the ring (picked it up on 12/10/11), and I think it is already starting to burn a hole in his pocket.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Dust to everyone this holiday!

I love reading everyones updates, I especially think asking Santa was super cute! My SO asked me to write a letter to Santa and that he'll deliver it for me. I have to agree with others who say that every Christmas/holiday gets harder, especially with all the engagement commercials. I know that it's not going to happen this Christmas for me, it would have been a very good possibility earlier this year, but in November my SO started a new business venture which he's invested a lot of money into, but I fully support this decision (and could use some dust for the business). I was scrolling through the BlueNile recently purchased rings today and thinking about all the lucky girls who are getting engaged this holiday, this is NOT a good idea for any LIW! Wishing you all a very happy holiday season!

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Glitz|1323725018|3080004 said:

I love reading everyones updates, I especially think asking Santa was super cute! My SO asked me to write a letter to Santa and that he'll deliver it for me. I have to agree with others who say that every Christmas/holiday gets harder, especially with all the engagement commercials. I know that it's not going to happen this Christmas for me, it would have been a very good possibility earlier this year, but in November my SO started a new business venture which he's invested a lot of money into, but I fully support this decision (and could use some dust for the business). I was scrolling through the BlueNile recently purchased rings today and thinking about all the lucky girls who are getting engaged this holiday, this is NOT a good idea for any LIW! Wishing you all a very happy holiday season!

:lol: I'm guilty of this too... "Oooh, look at that! I wish I was her... Wow, look at that one! I wish I was her...." :Up_to_something:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, I see we all feel the same about ring commercials. I'd like to see a male perspective, Do the commercials make them just anxious and/or annoyed, or do they not even realize how IN YOUR FACE they all are? :lol:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
delta_loves_alpha|1323538527|3078540 said:
sweetpepsigirl|1323534302|3078513 said:
delta_loves_alpha|1323432120|3077739 said:
The BF told me I should "go get my nails done" next week for my birthday. I think he thinks he's being sneaky, but he's NEVER told me that I need to go get my nails done. lol. :bigsmile:

oooo!!! So exciting :):) What colour are you thinking?

OMG I don't know. Maybe like a pink-ish neutral-ish sparkly-ish something? haha...suggestions?!
Oooh! if you get gel manicures and the salon is offering gelish brand, get #53! It's light pink and sparkly sooo pretty. It's what I did my nails with the week of the my engagement and so many people on facebook were like "and by the way, your nails look great!"

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
maebelle|1323735647|3080105 said:
Lol, I see we all feel the same about ring commercials. I'd like to see a male perspective, Do the commercials make them just anxious and/or annoyed, or do they not even realize how IN YOUR FACE they all are? :lol:

I was wondering the same thing :twirl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
mmi|1323733076|3080082 said:
Glitz|1323725018|3080004 said:

:lol: I'm guilty of this too... "Oooh, look at that! I wish I was her... Wow, look at that one! I wish I was her...." :Up_to_something:

Oh what the hell......... I've never heard of this site, so of course, I'm looking at it now, and BAM! Same thing. "I wish I was her..." Ack! ;( :knockout:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RebeccaMUA|1323744219|3080212 said:
Oooh! if you get gel manicures and the salon is offering gelish brand, get #53! It's light pink and sparkly sooo pretty. It's what I did my nails with the week of the my engagement and so many people on facebook were like "and by the way, your nails look great!"

Rebecca, do you know what the color is called? I have a Gelish collection going on, and I always have trouble seeing what the true color will really be, so I end up with way too many "duds". I think "#53" is just what your salon calls it..

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
SO is driving me nuts! I made some comment the other day about a ring and he just had this nig grin on his face and said "you're so pretty" to change the subject. :nono: stinker!

On a side note I've been doing my own gellish/shellac at home and I love it! And I love that I always have a manicure!

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
wishfuldreamer|1323744967|3080227 said:

post this on the proposal idea page? so we can get their perspective? lol

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
sweetpepsigirl|1323798471|3080550 said:
wishfuldreamer|1323744967|3080227 said:

post this on the proposal idea page? so we can get their perspective? lol

That's not a bad idea. Go for it, sweet. :D lol

shanshans2005

Rough_Rock
Well I thought I was but not I'm sure it wont happen for Christmas or in 2012 at that. So maybe at 2013?? Who knows.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
The bf bought my gift today, and mentioned that it's somewhere in the house. If I was expecting a ring, I'd be rummaging around all day Saturday while he's at work. But, since it's not, I have no interest in snooping. LOL. Isn't that terrible? :|

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1323747526|3080259 said:

Rebecca, do you know what the color is called? I have a Gelish collection going on, and I always have trouble seeing what the true color will really be, so I end up with way too many "duds". I think "#53" is just what your salon calls it..

Madelise, I'm not sure the name! :( It very well may be what the salon(s) I go to call it because maybe it's the 53rd in the collection? Or they are owned by the same person and thus have the same numbering system or what. I just know it's a light pink, almost with the slightest purple tinge with glitter. I'll post a picture of the color and MAYBE it can help!

photo-16_0.jpg

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
***DUST**** To everyone who is expecting/hoping for a holiday proposal!

It is definitely a fun time of year to get engaged and be able to share it with family and friends at holiday parties, get togethers, etc.

I'm getting mixed signals from my FF, so I'm not sure what will happen for me as far as a Holiday Proposal. But i'll def be here and let u guys know if it does happen. :sun:

Can't wait to see all the posts after Christmas and also after New Years! I have a pretty good feeling we will be seeing a lot of bling and hearing proposal stories in the coming weeks!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely no proposal from me this holiday season! Maybe sometime around Valentine's Day, but I really have no idea.

And about the commercials, BF is most definitely annoyed by them and despises them! He also always changes the radio when one comes on there. We have two big jewelry stores here that ALWAYS have their commercials on the radio.

******DUST****** to everyone else!!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I have this crazy idea that my SO might propose this Christmas. I really don't have any evidence to prove this. My SO won't tell me what I'm getting for Christmas normally he lets me know. I asked for a gemstone eternity ring this year and he said no the only ring he is going to get me is my engagement ring. I asked him does anyone know what he is getting me and he said no very quickly. The diamond I showed him was bought the same week. Now someone else could of bought it but the depth of the diamond isn't attractive to most people. We have been talking about rings and diamonds and my SO wants to pick it out him self. With the recent talk I mean their is no way obvious way he has the ring. Their was no box shipped to the house. I guess I'll find out Christmas only a couple more days.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I don't want to jinx anything but I have reason to believe it's coming before the year is up!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
karpouzi - this is soooo random, but are you greek (or greek american, etc)? every time I see your name on these boards, I'm like "watermelon!!"

haha if you have no affiliation with greek culture please disregard this post.

sorry for the minor threadjack, i've just always been meaning to ask!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Aw no I'm not Greek but I'm a little bit obsessed with Greece and Greek culture... a philhellene I guess. :wavey:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
that's so fun! i'm greek american, so i'm a little biased, but i'm also very into the culture :). at this point the greeks need all the support they can get :)

anyway, i was just always wondering about that!

* threadjack over *

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
*shamelessly continuing threadjack*

(Since it's a jewelry site and all, I chose my username after the watermelon tourmaline earrings I bought on Crete)

atp223

Shiny_Rock
karpouzi|1324662102|3087545 said:
*shamelessly continuing threadjack*

(Since it's a jewelry site and all, I chose my username after the watermelon tourmaline earrings I bought on Crete)

hahaha love both the shamelessness and the history of the username! that's actually really awesome (and clever!). i have a good friend who lives in xania (in crete), and i've been to visit her a few times...I love crete! my profile pic for this site is from akrotiri beach (the red beach) in santorini. talk about pretty jewelry...i love the gold pieces they sell there (and in Athens...and really, everywhere in Greece) with the rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. between me, my mom, and my sister, we are building quite the collection! now i'm going to stalk you to find pictures of your watermelon tourmaline :).

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I bought my tourmaline earrings in Xania! At a shop called Karmela in old town. I haven't posted any pictures, I don't think. I don't usually post pictures here. None of my jewelry pieces are special by PS standards, but to be sure, they are special to me! :bigsmile:

I thought that might be Greece in your avatar. It looks absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, if I get this dang holiday proposal (here I am nefariously bringing this quasi back on topic :Up_to_something: ), I think I will try to talk him into getting married in Greece, and/or honeymooning there. We are thinking of eloping in any event.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RebeccaMUA|1324009639|3082678 said:
madelise|1323747526|3080259 said:

Madelise, I'm not sure the name! :( It very well may be what the salon(s) I go to call it because maybe it's the 53rd in the collection? Or they are owned by the same person and thus have the same numbering system or what. I just know it's a light pink, almost with the slightest purple tinge with glitter. I'll post a picture of the color and MAYBE it can help!

photo-16_0.jpg

ooh thanks for posting! that's a very similar color to what i have on now. mine is June Bride by Harmony Gelish, and I loaded 3-4 coats of it. It's so thick, it looks like I have acrylics on!! Great minds think alike ;-) I'd think yours is also June Bride, but it doesn't have a purple tint to it.. it's a light baby pink to me?

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Madelise,
You are probably right. I guess I don't mean "purple" but it's such a cool toned pink that it almost looks like it would have a touch of lilac to it; but I work with colors all day so I guess I am more sensitive to such things lol. I think it is such a great color that goes with everything :D

atp223

Shiny_Rock
karpouzi|1324698570|3087841 said:
I bought my tourmaline earrings in Xania! At a shop called Karmela in old town. I haven't posted any pictures, I don't think. I don't usually post pictures here. None of my jewelry pieces are special by PS standards, but to be sure, they are special to me! :bigsmile:

I thought that might be Greece in your avatar. It looks absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, if I get this dang holiday proposal (here I am nefariously bringing this quasi back on topic :Up_to_something: ), I think I will try to talk him into getting married in Greece, and/or honeymooning there. We are thinking of eloping in any event.

You are right; I couldn't find any pics! But I'm sure they are beautiful :) Good job bringing it back on topic! I feel the same, as I am also playing the waiting game for my ring! I have been assured it is not coming in 2011, so im just trying to be patient...

I went to a friend's wedding in Crete (but in Rethymno) this summer - it would be so amazing to get married there! It sounds like you know your way around Greece, but if you ever want to talk places or hotels, we should figure out how to get in touch!

Good luck and if you get married/honeymoon in Greece I'm going to need to hear all about it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results