shape
carat
color
clarity

Hmm... Which one to cut - Umbalite or Mayala lovelys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a nice ring, especially for lighter saturated stones (not yours of course) that need some help with their color.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon, I posted this in my thread, but thought I may put it here for you - do you like the gold "rope: that Sally uses, such as in these pieces..

how mandalay1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Or the quora ring has a halo without diamonds, but with gold detail/interest..
I believe she can also do nice engraving if that''s the route you''d like to go.

Please keep us up to date if you decide to go with Sally. I for one will be very keen to hear how it all goes
1.gif

quora h.o.w.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for those photos! I do love her work and will be giving this some thought. Her prices for yellow gold are much lower than white gold, so if I decide the stone should go in yellow gold, I'll work more with her to come up with a design.

chrono, tl, others - Thanks for the input, if you see any other halo designs without pave or stones, will you post the photos? Sally said the hammering on the heart ring started out as milgrain, but then she hammered it out for a different look. I could definitely do the rope style or something else, but I want it to look delicate. I'm don't think the rope and yellow gold would appeal to me with the stone I'm getting. But then again...I haven't seen it yet! excited...
18.gif

eta: the more I look at that purple ring above the more I like it! I just emailed her to ask about that type of setting. I'm in love!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cinnamon, you''re welcome.
Yes, that amethyst is the mandalay ring - personally I think its one of her most elegant designs. That would be a stunner with your gem!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh....these settings are a good potential for my aqua. Thanks for posting them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results