shape
carat
color
clarity

Hitched or Ditched: Ultimatums, Reality Style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I somehow caught the tail end (but then didn't finish) an episode where they had to get married. Not sure if they do this in every episode or not but in my opinion, they really ought to leave these decisions up to the couple and not BUTT into their relationship by forcing them into a wedding that they might not feel ready for.

I don't know, maybe I'm a little touchy/feely on this subject because I'm in a long-term relationship and people always tend to jump to conclusions that something might be wrong with the couple because they have been together for a long period of time and haven't gotten married YET. But there are always reasons for it. Maybe they just aren't ready. Or maybe they've been together for a long period of time because they fell in love young and of everything that plays into their lives as in wanting careers straight, have money (like me and FF) When the time is right, the time is right. If it be after 2 years of being in a relationship or 15 years....

People ought to just leave well enough alone and let the couple figure out what's best for themselves.
5.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:24:12 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I somehow caught the tail end (but then didn't finish) an episode where they had to get married. Not sure if they do this in every episode or not but in my opinion, they really ought to leave these decisions up to the couple and not BUTT into their relationship by forcing them into a wedding that they might not feel ready for.

I don't know, maybe I'm a little touchy/feely on this subject because I'm in a long-term relationship and people always tend to jump to conclusions that something might be wrong with the couple because they have been together for a long period of time and haven't gotten married YET. But there are always reasons for it. Maybe they just aren't ready. Or maybe they've been together for a long period of time because they fell in love young and of everything that plays into their lives as in wanting careers straight, have money (like me and FF) When the time is right, the time is right. If it be after 2 years of being in a relationship or 15 years....

People ought to just leave well enough alone and let the couple figure out what's best for themselves.
5.gif

Ah, but that hardly makes for good trashy TV. Besides, I would think that after the initial surprise moment, they have to actually agree to do the show, and if they don't, away go the cameras. Like What Not To Wear.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:24:12 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

People ought to just leave well enough alone and let the couple figure out what''s best for themselves.
5.gif

Totally agree -- except, these people are the ones signing up to be on reality TV, so they kind of have to take whatever they get.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I guess.

lol!

If somoene put me on the show, I''d love to marry S. Not really on this show under these conditions however. But I''d be upset if I were on the show because it wouldn''t be under our own conditions. Like, who plans the wedding? It would be all wrong. I''d have a meltdown. Dress...wrong. Flowers...wrong. Cake...WRONG!!
32.gif
Especially after being together for a long time. It should be OUR way. lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
BF keeps joking that we''re going to end up on some reality show. Not necessarily this one, but "I Propose" (he liked to joke about that one a lot
20.gif
) or that one where they focus on the budget. I tell him we''re more likely to end up on "Wildest Wedding Moments" or be the dreaded pilot episode on "When Girlfriends Attack." Just imagine...

M thought that things were going well in his life. He was about to graduate from law school, and his girlfriend, S, was finishing up business school. But one day, out of nowhere, something changed. Dinner was no longer being cooked. Dishes were left in the sink. The cats were napping on his pillows. And then, out of nowhere, S came out of a shadow with a Ziplock bag full of cut-up credit cards and bank statements. After screaming something about an empty savings account, S hurled a vase at his head. Let''s see what happens next....

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
lol

too funny.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:00:01 PM
Author: princesss
BF keeps joking that we''re going to end up on some reality show. Not necessarily this one, but ''I Propose'' (he liked to joke about that one a lot
20.gif
) or that one where they focus on the budget. I tell him we''re more likely to end up on ''Wildest Wedding Moments'' or be the dreaded pilot episode on ''When Girlfriends Attack.'' Just imagine...

M thought that things were going well in his life. He was about to graduate from law school, and his girlfriend, S, was finishing up business school. But one day, out of nowhere, something changed. Dinner was no longer being cooked. Dishes were left in the sink. The cats were napping on his pillows. And then, out of nowhere, S came out of a shadow with a Ziplock bag full of cut-up credit cards and bank statements. After screaming something about an empty savings account, S hurled a vase at his head. Let''s see what happens next....

aww why does it always stop when the vase is inches from his startled face
8.gif

i just want to know if he ducks or not
25.gif
hehe

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:36:11 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 6/9/2009 7:00:01 PM

Author: princesss

BF keeps joking that we''re going to end up on some reality show. Not necessarily this one, but ''I Propose'' (he liked to joke about that one a lot
20.gif
) or that one where they focus on the budget. I tell him we''re more likely to end up on ''Wildest Wedding Moments'' or be the dreaded pilot episode on ''When Girlfriends Attack.'' Just imagine...

aww why does it always stop when the vase is inches from his startled face

8.gif

i just want to know if he ducks or not
25.gif
hehe

I guess you''ll just have to tune in to find out.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
BF says, "Why did I stop cooking and cleaning? Why? Why? Why?"

Guess there are some flaws in my little story...freaking clean freak. Who needs to eat. Boys.
20.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
omg, did anyone see the episode tonight? The groom''s mom was a real piece of work. The groom was saying all this stuff about how great and tight knit his family was and then I watched while they manipulated him into a decision. So pathetic. I was happy in a way that the bride could walk away knowing that it never would have happened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
She''s better off. He was in no position to get married in the first place. The show is such a mess, but I can''t help but watch. Our society makes such a mockery of marriage, I can''t believe that gay marriage is even an issue. the bachelor, bachelorette, all of those shows on VH1, it''s soooooo sad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results