shape
carat
color
clarity

Hinged rings

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Hi - I was wondering if anyone has some hinged rings? If so I would love to see pictures and details about price, why you had it made etc
I am discovering at 43 I have bad psoriatic arthritis in my hands which often make my joints swell. It’s not uncommon for me not to be able to get my rings off at all - then other days they are so big they swing around on me. Little fingers with big knuckles.
I’m genuinely concerned that in the next five years I will have to stop wearing my ER at all. It’s very thick and my fingers don’t close next to it (if that makes sense) because I had to have it sized down. It swings around constantly and yet is still hard to get over my knuckle.

So I have questions about converting it to a hinged ring. Comfort and cost being the big ones. Can you still wear them everyday? Do they need more care and attention? Do you notice the difference?
and lastly was it super expansive to have one made or to have an original ring converted?

Is there another solution to my dilemma perhaps?
I don’t want to get my wedding band until I have this problem fixed otherwise they will both be swinging around together.

any help is appreciated as always.
(Hope this is in the right section).

Attachments

• 9BFCD560-DC22-4526-9C10-ACBE6B405B85.jpeg
    9BFCD560-DC22-4526-9C10-ACBE6B405B85.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 27

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Cannot speak enough of the praises of CLIQ! You will not regret!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom had a hinged ring made once her arthritis deformed her fingers too much to easily wear her original setting. It is her original setting made with a hinge. I don't have any good photos sorry. She had this done many years ago. Let me see if I can find any photo illustrating this.

momser.jpg

If you look at the back of the band here you can see the mechanism.

It works very well for her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results