shape
carat
color
clarity

CLIQ ring reviews?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
I just saw the CLIQ ring on BGD’s Instagram feed. It’s good for people with knuckles larger than the base of their finger.

Does anyone have experience with this ring they can share? My future SIL my be interested!

Thank you!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was a friend and supplier to the gentleman who created the original of this exact adjustable shank decades ago. He was a finely trained European watchmaker who made the originals by hand in his watch repair facility and sold the patent to Superfit along time ago. They are a bit thick, but they are durable and up to the task. I have not seen one which broke or bent and that's pretty amazing. They are not inexpensive, but they are very well made. If you really need it, it is a good thing to consider, especially for a valuable ring.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The ring you saw on BGD instagram the other day is my ring! (Not the one in my avatar, although that is also set in a CLIQ solitaire mounting) The BGD that you saw is one of my inherited stones Brian recently recut into a branded super ideal and I loved the CLIQ mounting in my avatar so much I got the same mounting for the stone Brian recut for me.
Years back they used to only have 1 style and it wasn't particularly attractive. I believe the ownership changed and they renamed/rebranded themselves CLIQ. They now have a large line of many styles. They have to be a minimum of 2.7mm thick due to the mechanism, but quite honestly the really narrow shanks of which I know are so popular, especially with the younger brides, really are not that comfortable to wear. I don't think my avatar looks like a super thick band. And if you get one with stones on the shank it will look that much less so. The original ones were very bulky, but they are now very graceful. These are the most comfortable rings I've ever worn. No more spinning, no more struggles trying to get it over the knuckle. I actually had knuckle issues due to trying to pry a ring on and off. They are a fabulous company and the product is very well made. I HIGHLY recommend.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@headlight please tell us more about CLIQ! It looks awesome in principle. I just browsed their catalog and your ring looks leaps and bounds nicer than their catalog rings! Also I cannot actually find your ring in it? A six prong solitaire?

Does it really feel so secure? How hard is it to open?

Also really looking forward to more information on the central stone...! Unless I've missed a thread somewhere :shock: - I will need to go hunting when I have a moment, or if the newest update doesn't exist yet, I'm hopeful and looking forward to you creating it!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It is their Classic Solitaire, 2.7 mm, in a 6 prong (I think they only show the 4 prong) and mine is in 14kt white gold. I've had many plat rings but I don't like the weight of them and I've spend so much money changing mountings over the years I just didn't want to spend for plat, nor for any embellishment with side stones, etc. I absolutely love the white gold and whatever their alloy mixture is - the luster is amazing and it is so "rich". My avatar one is 13 mos older than this new one and the color of the metal has not changed. Keep in mind I do not bathe, swim, jacuzzi, nor clean with it on, and I wear gloves when I wash the dishes. But the way it is going based on how I care for it, I won't be needing to get it replaced anytime soon. I have not seen any of the other styles in person but given how nice mine is IRL I would imagine the other styles are much nicer in person. And the one you see here in the photo from Instagram was made specifically for the proportions of the diamond. The one in the avatar I am not sure. I got the avatar one through my local jeweler and I don't know if its that they just didn't set it as well or they just randomly ordered an "8mm" and stuck it in. The one in my avatar that I got from a local jeweler did the setting of the stone himself. BGD sent my stone to CLIQ for them to set it and it is done so beautifully. I actually want to go back to my local jeweler to have him reset my avatar one to be like the one I got through BGD.
It is very easy to use the mechanism. They give you a stylus and you can get extras. I have one in my bathroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in my purse, and 1 in my travel bag LOL! BUT, if you don't have one on you and you want take it off, you can also use a toothpick or a pen. It is EXTREMELY secure. When you close it you hear a solid "click" sound, hence the impetus for them renaming it from its former name Superfit (which also is a good name as it does fit super well!). There is a little discreet "dimple" on the side of the shank and you put the stylus in the dimple and press and it opens. Subscribe to the CLIQ instagram... they show how it works all the time.
As for the stone, you may have seen my threads talking about my recuts. I inherited 2 amazing diamonds, both well over 2 carats each. The one in the ring mounting is now, post-recut, a 2.31, H, VVS2, AGS000, Brian Gavin Signature Hearts and Arrows. The other stone is now 2.17, G, VS1 that will go into a pendant but it isn't completed yet. I need to create a thread for the ring but have just been busy with my GIA studies (I'm working toward becoming a Graduate Gemologist).
I was actually the first client of BGD to request a CLIQ mounting and they were extremely impressed with the whole process and the actual piece... and they see a LOT of rings, so I think that says a lot.
As an FYI, you can also retrofit an existing ring to be a CLIQ as long as the original shank is wide enough to accommodate the mechanism. I actually did this on a ring prior to my avatar ring but I ended up trading in that diamond. So there are many options with this and it just feels so great to hav a ring that actually fits properly, that isn't spinning around, and that I don't have to pry over my knuckle.

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
I was a friend and supplier to the gentleman who created the original of this exact adjustable shank decades ago. He was a finely trained European watchmaker who made the originals by hand in his watch repair facility and sold the patent to Superfit along time ago. They are a bit thick, but they are durable and up to the task. I have not seen one which broke or bent and that's pretty amazing. They are not inexpensive, but they are very well made. If you really need it, it is a good thing to consider, especially for a valuable ring.

Thank you! I will definitely recommend this to my SIL!

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
How do you get sized for the ring if you have to buy sight unseen online? Do you just guess your finger base size?

Thank you!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
How do you get sized for the ring if you have to buy sight unseen online? Do you just guess your finger base size?

Thank you!

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
Ah sorry I should have seen that! thank you for that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results